• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remakes

Years
This is not a leak about gen 8. We're just talking remakes in general.

What do you look for in a Pokemon remake? Which game do you think was the best remake? Which was the worst? If the Sinnoh games were to be remade next what would you want in them?

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I want future remakes to be remade in a way similar to what they did to HGSS. I mean, they hardly changed the poor level curve from GSC, if they even did.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Remakes have their place, but only when there's something in dire need of improving.

Remakes simply for graphical enhances bug me, just as much as fans who cry out for their favorite older games to be remade just so they look nicer.
I always yell out loud to myself, "But you LOVE the original game already. Why does it need a remake?"

And for Pokemon, it begins to get even worse. It had a purpose in FRLG, because GBA games had no easy access to gen 1 and 2 Pokemon, due to the GBA being incapable of communication with the the original GB.

But now...? For posterity and greed. Give me a break. Bad enough Game Freak already remakes the same game for every new one too. Like we need an even shallower reason.

The only Pokemon games in need of a remake are gen 1... but they already did that. Twice. Gen 2 and then 3. So I'll pass on any future ones.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah as much as I love the old Pokemon games and love to have remakes I think there's a time and a place for them. Having a remake every generation would get tiresome imo, so it's good that they're spaced out a bit. As for what I look for in them, I would hope they give nostalgia and give the feel of the original games, but offer something new as well. For example HGSS had Pokemon following you, FRLG had double battles and the Sevii Islands and ORAS had mega evolutions, so I think it's important that the games give something original to the player.

Years
Agreeing with the above post. ORAS is pretty much the reason why I personally worry for the SInnoh remakes (if they happen), because I unfortunately am of the belief that Game Freak might cut corners with Platinum inclusion and skip out on Battle Frontier, possibly Distortion World, etc. It's really not a pleasant thought, at the very least.

But I digress.

My favourites happen to be HGSS, but mostly because HGSS was packed with things to do! Not only do you have the real-time based events like the Bug-catching contest, but you also had the Battle Frontier and the Pokeathlon as well! It's those kinds of things that keep you playing the games for a while. The Pokeathlon especially is the right way to go about doing little fun minigames for rewards and I wish Game Freak would do that more.

Back