• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Ahem...

A Wandering Annoyance
Monster/Water/Warrior/Effect/10000000*
Atk 0000/Def 0000
When this monster is summoned, you will be forced to listen to pointless one-liners about how joke cards are poorly made-up and why Ultimate Rare Jinzo is teh c00lorz. In addition, your opponent will act like Tacey Edgeworth from "CARD GAMES" except without the royals for the remainder of the duel.

Insulting people with children's trading cards is fun!

Yokai Mountain
Field Spell
The attack of all face up "Yokai" monsters is increased by three hundred. During your standby phase, you may special summon a "Yokai" monster that was tributed by its own effect during your last turn. If you use this effect, skip your main phase two that turn.

Yoko Yokai
Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1600/ Def 1400
Once during your main phase, tribute this monster in order to look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If that card is a monster, inflict direct damge to your opponent equal to half of that monster's original attack. (Monsters with ???? attack are considered to have zero attack points.)

Ooh... card set begins...

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
I used to mave leik, and entire page of word filled with fake cards. For now my juices ain't quite running but I came up w/ this

Mousketeer
Beast/Effect
3 Stars/Dark
200 atk./1000 def.

When this monster stays in attack mode for three turns, you may sacrafice it and send out a Moustalons

Moustalons
Beast/Effect
6 stars/Dark
1800 atk./300 def.

This monster can only be summoned in sacrafice by Mousketeer. Once this monster stays in defense for three turns you may sacrafice it for a Ratamite.

Ratamite
Beast/Effect
8 stars/Dark
3500 atk./3500 def.

This monster can only be summoned if sacraficed by Moustalons. You may attack two times a turn at the coast of 500 LP.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
...Didn't Court of Nobles or something have an effect that prevented it from being destroyed, completely ruining this card due to its activation condition?? Hmm....

No, the court has no such effect and even if it did it wouldn't matter since - in this case - the Field's destruction wouldn't be caused by a card effect but by a game mechanic. Nowhere on the Field Spell does it say "destroy the other field"; that's a ruling and thus impervious to negation. The only thing that blocks a new field is a card in lieu of ACC's crazy field that prevents other field spells from being activated or some negation or destruction trap or Quick-Play that keeps the new field from resolving in the first place.

...4-star, please? I don't think we can have a 2200-ATK (after selecting a Monarch) beatstick that's immune to Gravity Bind & LLAB running around...

Copycat is 2400 after copying monarch and still 1 star and the gambler needs to average a three on the rolls just to outperform Jerry Beans Man. I really see no need to take away what little advantage they have. O=

...Where're the Blitzes? =O

Planning to implement those in Limit Break style, actually. :3

Ring of Magnetism + Wandering Mimic + random beatstick/wall (A GIANT ROCK!!!!) = lock.

More like Marshmallon. ;3 Anyways, it's a lock with plenty of holes since wiping out either of the monsters or the ring nullifies it. Decoyroid + Heart of Clear Water does it with one card less, as does dual Marauding Captain or Solar Flare Dragon. Those aren't in either. O=

>_> For a monster that gets run over by Cyber Dragon, the least you could do would be add it straight to the hand.

That was the original effect. But then I thought, what if you just keep swiping Phoenix Wing Wind Blast over and over again? Lock ftw. xP But fine, I'll restore it to original.

So, does that include effects that activate on Battle Damage inflicted, like Kycoo's?

Yeah, as long as it's a one-shot effect it's fair game. :3

Anyways, I've added a 1000-life point price tag to the circle and made it affect both players. Better? :3 Oh, and Runic is now playing eradicator epidemic with your opponent. Less watered down now?

As for Kefka...well, I'm just really stumped as to what kind of effect I'd give him (Other than 'you may laugh at your opponent like a lunatic'). Plus, he's not one of the heroes, so yeah. I'm open to suggestions, though. ^.^

On the yokais...whoa, if these two are any indication these will be laughing at Skill Drain (and exploiting it like heck) since they resolve in the graveyard. Mmmhmm...I'll be interested to see the full scope of the set.

Yokai Mountain: the real term is 'Atk' rather than 'Attack', but w/e. Fair enough and probably a central piece for this new decktype. The loss of Main Phase 2 as payment is an interesting penalty. :3

Yoko Yokai: decent bulk, clocking in at a respectable 1900 when backed by the mountain, but you'll probably need some top-of-the-deck bounce like Phoenix Wing Wind Blast to make use of its tribute effect. Essentially, it's a pre-emptive Misfortune that doesn't cost you a Battle Phase.

And Scythe-kun...you've got serious wording issues, yes you do, to the point where the meaning of your effects becomes seriously obscured. Please take a look at some of the actual cards (or the plethora of fakes here) for the correct wordings. When Special Summoning (Not sending out; special summoning) you always need to specify where you summon from (Hand, Deck, Graveyard, or removed from play cards?). I'm also not in the clear about whether you wanted Moustalons and Ratamite to be summoned only through the effects of their lower links or if you just wanted to block other forms of special summoning (Huge difference in playability there). So like, say it in a language we can understand, yes? :3

Mousketeer: "When this card has been in Attack Position for three turns or more you may tribute this card to Special Summon one "Moustalons" from your Hand or Deck.". Useless, in a format where the average lifespan of a card on the field (even one with good stats) is one turn, there's no way something this wimpy could survive three and the thing it summons isn't anything to call home about either so it's not worth the investment it takes to keep it alive. Just...way too weak and too slow to pull off its effect. Too weak effect too. :\

Moustalons: "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of 'Mousketeer'. When this card has been in Defense Position for three turns or more, you may tribute this card to Special Summon one "Ratamite" from your Hand or Deck.". Ooohkay...something with a summon this specific seriously needs to be a lot stronger. As I said, the musketeer is a terrible card to play and this is even worse since it's completely worthless if you draw it. Again, expecting this to survive three turns is absurd.

Ratamite: "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of 'Moustalons'. During your Main Phase, you may pay 500 Life Points. If you do, this card can attack twice during the Battle Phase of this turn." So essentially a crazily strong double attacker (with a basically negligible cost). On its own, this would be broken, as it is it's not worth playing because there's no way you'll get it out. -.-

Overall, this trio could use some serious balancing. Power up Mousketeer and Moustalons and nerf Ratamite in exchange.

Anyways, a bit more for the FF VI crew:

Limit Break - Empowerer
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by removing two cards in your Hand from play and selecting a face-up "Wandering Knight" on your Field. When the selected monster battles this turn, reduce the Atk of the monster it battles with by half then increase the Atk of the selected "Wandering Knight" by the same amount until the end of the turn. If the selected "Wandering Knight" inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent on the turn this effect is activated, increase your Life Points by the amount of damage inflicted. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Knight" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to remove any cards in your Hand from play to activate this card.

Limit Break - Morph
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points and selecting a face-up "Wandering Witch" on your Field and a Spell Card other than a Continuous, Field, Equip or "Limit Break" Spell Card in your Graveyard. Until your second Standby Phase after this card's activation, whenever the selected monster destroys a monster by battle, activate the effect of the Spell Card you selected. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Witch" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

Limit Break - Pummel
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points and selecting a face-up "Wandering Fighter" on your Field. Increase the Atk of the selected monster by 500 until the end of the turn. On the turn this effect is activated, When the selected monster battles with a lower Atk monster, Damage Calculation is applied three times instead of one. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Fighter" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

Limit Break - Revitalize
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points and selecting a face-up "Wandering Fighter" on your Field. Tribute the selected monster then select a "Wandering" monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it to your Field. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Fighter" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

Limit Break - Snowman Jazz
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points while "Wandering Moogle" is face-up on your Field. Until your next Standby Phase, your opponent may not set or activate any Spell or Trap Cards. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Moogle" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

Blizzard Orb
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to "Wandering Sasquatch". Increase the Atk of the monster equipped with this card by 600. When the equipped monster attacks, select up to two cards on your opponent's Field. Until your next Standby Phase after this effect was activated, your opponent may not activate any effects of the selected card(s).

Yeah, 'cause Umaro doesn't have a limit or special ability I figured I'd throw in one of the two items he can actually use instead. xD And...I had an idea for a set I wanted to make a while ago, but now I've gone and forgotten it. Oh well, later I suppose. :3 One card that does come to mind, however:

Winged Euphoria
Fairy/Effect
8 Star/Light
2600 Atk / 2300 Def

Whenever a card effect that would inflict damage to this card's controller is activated, all damage from the effect to the controller of this card is negated. Then, the controller of this card gains Life Points equal to the amount of damage he/she would have received.

And yes, there is a card that exploits this effect like crazy. Cookie to the one who mentions it first. And as a ruling to resolve what would otherwise be an infinite loop between this and Simochi: the one that places itself higher in the chain takes precedence, so if Euphoria tries to convert a burn card to damage while Simochi is out, Simochi takes precedence and turns it to burn, but if Simochi tries to convert an LP gain effect other than Euphoria's then Euphoria takes precedence and it stays as LP gain. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
The main phase two cost is basically to prevent ability abuse, since Yokai only get to pull their little tricks during the main phase. Pulling tricks twice in a row would be a bit... evil, even if it's one turn apart.

Karasu Yokai
Monster/Dark/Winged Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1400/ Def 1300
During your main phase, tribute this monster in order to randomly select one card from your opponent's hand and place it on the bottom of their deck. This effect may not be activated if your opponent has fewer then three cards in their hand.

Kappa Yokai
Monster/Water/Fish/Effect/4*
Atk 1500/ Def 1500
During your main phase you may tribute this monster in order to summon a level five or lower "Yokai" monster from your deck. A monster summoned in this way cannot be tributed on the turn it was summoned.

Oni Yokai
Monster/Earth/Fiend/Effect/6*
Atk 1900/ Def 0000
During your main phase, you may tribute this monster in order to look at the bottom card of an opponent's deck. Depending on the card type, activate the appropriate effect:
-Spell: Destroy one monster your opponent controls.
-Trap: Add one "Yokai Mountain" from your deck or graveyard to your hand.
-Monster: If this monster is special summoned from the graveyard during your next turn, its original Atk becomes 2500.

Yokai Bakudan
Monster/Fire/Fairy/Effect/5*
Atk 1000/ Def 0000
During your main phase, you may tribute this face-up monster in order to destroy one five-star or higher monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to them equal to half the attack points of the destroyed monster. You may not conduct your battle phase on the turn you activate this effect.

King of Yokai
Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/8*
Atk 2700/ Def 2000
This monster cannot be special summoned. During your main phase, tribute this monster in order to special summon a number of "Yokai" monsters from your graveyard equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand OR the number of monsters on their field.

Inu Yokai
Monster/Beast/Wind/Effect/4*
Atk 1500/ Def 0000
During your main phase, tribute this monster in order to destroy spell or trap cards on the opponent's side of the field equal to the number of monsters on their side of the field OR the number of cards in their hand. This monster cannot activate its effect on the turn it was summoned.

Fog of the Demon Mountain
Normal Trap
If your opponent declares an attack on your life points while there is a "Yokai" monster in your graveyard, special summon one "Yokai" monster from your graveyard. That monster becomes the attack's new target. A monster summoned in this way is returned to your graveyard at the end of the turn.

Card of Self-Sacrifice
Continuous Spell
Each time you tribute a monster for its own effect, draw a card.

Scroll of the Yokai
Equip Spell
This card can only be equipped to a "Yokai" monster. Increase the attack of the equipped monster by three hundred points. When the equipped monster is tributed for its own effect, by removing this card in the graveyard from play you may special summon one "Yokai" monster from your deck with the same or fewer level stars then the tributed monster.

Last edited:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
And Scythe-kun...you've got serious wording issues, yes you do, to the point where the meaning of your effects becomes seriously obscured. Please take a look at some of the actual cards (or the plethora of fakes here) for the correct wordings. When Special Summoning (Not sending out; special summoning) you always need to specify where you summon from (Hand, Deck, Graveyard, or removed from play cards?). I'm also not in the clear about whether you wanted Moustalons and Ratamite to be summoned only through the effects of their lower links or if you just wanted to block other forms of special summoning (Huge difference in playability there). So like, say it in a language we can understand, yes? :3

Mousketeer: "When this card has been in Attack Position for three turns or more you may tribute this card to Special Summon one "Moustalons" from your Hand or Deck.". Useless, in a format where the average lifespan of a card on the field (even one with good stats) is one turn, there's no way something this wimpy could survive three and the thing it summons isn't anything to call home about either so it's not worth the investment it takes to keep it alive. Just...way too weak and too slow to pull off its effect. Too weak effect too. :\

Moustalons: "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of 'Mousketeer'. When this card has been in Defense Position for three turns or more, you may tribute this card to Special Summon one "Ratamite" from your Hand or Deck.". Ooohkay...something with a summon this specific seriously needs to be a lot stronger. As I said, the musketeer is a terrible card to play and this is even worse since it's completely worthless if you draw it. Again, expecting this to survive three turns is absurd.

Ratamite: "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of 'Moustalons'. During your Main Phase, you may pay 500 Life Points. If you do, this card can attack twice during the Battle Phase of this turn." So essentially a crazily strong double attacker (with a basically negligible cost). On its own, this would be broken, as it is it's not worth playing because there's no way you'll get it out. -.-

Overall, this trio could use some serious balancing. Power up Mousketeer and Moustalons and nerf Ratamite in exchange.

I'm sorry. I haven't done anything Yu-Gi-Oh related in at least a year. I'll go crawl under a rock now...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
I'm sorry. I haven't done anything Yu-Gi-Oh related in at least a year. I'll go crawl under a rock now...

Now why would you want to do that? It's not like this isn't something a few edits can't fix; just check the official material if you're rusty. Oh, and sorry it came off so negative. I didn't meant to bash. .__.

Karasu Yokai: okay, I'm seeing some heavy-duty exploit in this. Just keep spamming this with the mountain and you'll essentially do what Icha's latest deck tries to do except better since there's no effect that triggers from the bottom of the deck. I'd say limit the effect so that you can only use it if your opponent has at least three or four cards in their hand. :3

Kappa Yokai: King of Yokai is just too easy to get out with this, really. I'd say restrict this to low-level Yokai instead (or possibly five-star and down).

Oni Yokai: the spell effect isn't doing anything at the moment since Yokai effects demand a tribute (as opposed to just being sent to the graveyard). And let's face it: this would be a bit too cheap with the intended effect. Screw the summons; just play this and shoot straight for the effect. (King of Yokai, anyone?)

Yokai Bakudan: so sort of like a weaker Ring of Destruction. One point, though: with the current wording you are forced to tribute Bakudan each turn regardless of conditions. Is this intentional? Well, fair enough card either way.

King of Yokai: lawl, why not just say "you can summon this monster without tribute"? I mean, what crazy yokai player wouldn't want to use those tribute effects each turn? xD In all seriousness, the effect is way too strong for something that's so easy to get into play. Make those lazy players tribute for this, I say. Considering the power of those other yokai monsters this is a very viable game ender and with the way things are right now you can do an absolutely crazy loop by tributing Kappa to pull this then tributing this to pull Kappa and whatever else you have tucked away in your graveyard. Then lather, rinse and repeat each turn with Card of Safe Return on your side to net you a crazy amount of draws. You really need to break this loop at some point. I'd say remove the 'on the turn this card is summoned' limit and the ability that lets this be summoned without tribute and ban special summons. The explosive potential of this card would still be crazy.

Inu Yokai: because the other yokais aren't strong enough, they now have their very own Stratos-style field wiper too, except it's better because you don't have to bother with assembling a bunch of specific monsters on your own field.

Fog of the Demon Mountain: and now their only drawback is patched up too. Yokai Mountain not summoning enough for you? xD At least my Wildkin monsters go back into the deck so Ferocius Retaliation is only a single attack fix, but this is permanent field boost and makes yokai even quicker at recycling their effects than before.

Card of Self-Sacrifice: Strike my above statement on the loop, now it's two free draws; one for tributing the yokai and another when Yokai Mountain brings it back. You do realize that this translates to your average yokai player drawing 3+ cards per turn, right? Seriously, these things are drawing faster than Perfect Circle. @_@

Scroll of the Yokai: basically reserved for the higher level ones since the low-levels don't have anything to summon, all of them being 4-star. Yet another way to pull Kappa, I suppose.

Ehh...I think you need to balance the effects on these. With Yokai Mountain out, these become virtually unstoppable, and thanks to Card of Self-Sacrifice finding that mountain probably won't be too hard either. I love the concept, but these current effects are just too easy to exploit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
No, the court has no such effect and even if it did it wouldn't matter since - in this case - the Field's destruction wouldn't be caused by a card effect but by a game mechanic. Nowhere on the Field Spell does it say "destroy the other field"; that's a ruling and thus impervious to negation. The only thing that blocks a new field is a card in lieu of ACC's crazy field that prevents other field spells from being activated or some negation or destruction trap or Quick-Play that keeps the new field from resolving in the first place.

No, I thought that one of the Royals had that effect...eh, doesn't matter anyway.

Yeah, as long as it's a one-shot effect it's fair game. :3

Well, then, *points at Victory Dragon's effect* SUPER-SPECIAL-AWESOME-SITUATIONAL-GGNORE.

As for Kefka...well, I'm just really stumped as to what kind of effect I'd give him (Other than 'you may laugh at your opponent like a lunatic'). Plus, he's not one of the heroes, so yeah. I'm open to suggestions, though. ^.^

Um...either monster control or Direct Attacks. I do suppose that "Wandering Crazy Clown" wouldn't work too well, though...XD

Anyways, a bit more for the FF VI crew:

Limit Break - Empowerer
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by removing two cards in your Hand from play and selecting a face-up "Wandering Knight" on your Field. When the selected monster battles this turn, reduce the Atk of the monster it battles with by half then increase the Atk of the selected "Wandering Knight" by the same amount until the end of the turn. If the selected "Wandering Knight" inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent on the turn this effect is activated, increase your Life Points by the amount of damage inflicted. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Knight" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to remove any cards in your Hand from play to activate this card.

...Not bad.

Limit Break - Morph
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points and selecting a face-up "Wandering Witch" on your Field and a Spell Card other than a Continuous, Field, Equip or "Limit Break" Spell Card in your Graveyard. Until your second Standby Phase after this card's activation, whenever the selected monster destroys a monster by battle, activate the effect of the Spell Card you selected. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Witch" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

If cost doesn't come into play, then Lightning Vortex & Heavy Storm will be your main targets. ......Not too sure that effect works very well with Terra, though............I would have expected something more related with her familial history. ;)

Limit Break - Pummel
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points and selecting a face-up "Wandering Fighter" on your Field. Increase the Atk of the selected monster by 500 until the end of the turn. On the turn this effect is activated, When the selected monster battles with a lower Atk monster, Damage Calculation is applied three times instead of one. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Fighter" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

Ow. However...what about cases of FMC-style battling? If this thing attacked, say, a Defense-Position Goblin Attack Force with something like Big Bang Shot equipped, then what?

Limit Break - Revitalize
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points and selecting a face-up "Wandering Fighter" on your Field. Tribute the selected monster then select a "Wandering" monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it to your Field. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Fighter" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

Makes sense.

Limit Break - Snowman Jazz
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points while "Wandering Moogle" is face-up on your Field. Until your next Standby Phase, your opponent may not set or activate any Spell or Trap Cards. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn. If "Wandering Moogle" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this card.

Resembling Silence, right? That's fine.

Blizzard Orb
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to "Wandering Sasquatch". Increase the Atk of the monster equipped with this card by 600. When the equipped monster attacks, select up to two cards on your opponent's Field. Until your next Standby Phase after this effect was activated, your opponent may not activate any effects of the selected card(s).

...No comment here, partly since I never used Umaro that much >_>.

Yeah, 'cause Umaro doesn't have a limit or special ability I figured I'd throw in one of the two items he can actually use instead. xD And...I had an idea for a set I wanted to make a while ago, but now I've gone and forgotten it. Oh well, later I suppose. :3 One card that does come to mind, however:

Winged Euphoria
Fairy/Effect
8 Star/Light
2600 Atk / 2300 Def

Whenever a card effect that would inflict damage to this card's controller is activated, all damage from the effect to the controller of this card is negated. Then, the controller of this card gains Life Points equal to the amount of damage he/she would have received.

...So, we're either looking at Des Wombat negating the damage outright or this card changing it to LP gain......eh, I think I'd rather go with Wombat, since it can also go through the LLAB/GB that would be seen so often in dedicated burn decks.

And yes, there is a card that exploits this effect like crazy. Cookie to the one who mentions it first. And as a ruling to resolve what would otherwise be an infinite loop between this and Simochi: the one that places itself higher in the chain takes precedence, so if Euphoria tries to convert a burn card to damage while Simochi is out, Simochi takes precedence and turns it to burn, but if Simochi tries to convert an LP gain effect other than Euphoria's then Euphoria takes precedence and it stays as LP gain. :3

Dark Snake Syndrome. Cookie, please!

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hmm... Yokai leaves the field empty after usage since Yokai Mountain's effect only activates on the following turn, and it's field-spell dependent but I see what you mean about balancing the effects here. I'll go change that. 0_o

Yokai Ronin
Monster/Light/Effect/Warrior/4*
Atk 1200/ Def 400
During your main phase, tribute this monster in order to send one card from your deck to the graveyard. If the selected card is a "Yokai" monster, you may special summon it during your next turn through the effect of "Yokai Mountain"

And for a short break...

Relentless Restriction
Continuos Trap
Each time your opponent draws during a phase other then their draw phase, inflict eight hundred points of direct damage to them.

Off to balance my Yokai monsters! (La-la-la-la-la....)

EDIT: Done balancing, mostly following AE's advice. Anyway, a few other cards now:

Decree of Yokai
Normal Spell
During your standby phase, choose one "Yokai" monster you control. The selected "Yokai" monster gains five hundred attack points, and cannot be destroyed by battle.

And because every set needs a thematic destruction engine....

Yokai Okami
Monster/Light/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1100/ Def 1300
During your main phase, you may tribute this face-up monster in order to destroy one monster your opponent controls. That monster may not be special summoned during your opponent's next turn.

Exiled force? Your new replacement is here.... xD

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Bleah, stupid cold killing my writing creativity. Guess it's children's playing cards for me for now. :3

Dark Snake Syndrome. Cookie, please!

Gee, what is it about cookies that makes people lunge at them? xD But yes, the card in question is indeed Dark Snake Syndrome. *hands cookie*

If cost doesn't come into play, then Lightning Vortex & Heavy Storm will be your main targets. ......Not too sure that effect works very well with Terra, though............I would have expected something more related with her familial history. ;)

Trust me, I tried to come up with something like that but at the same time I wanted to stay true to the actual power of that ability (trumped up spellcasting) so I'm having some...compatibility issues. xD Ehh...might make a new one, we'll see.

Ow. However...what about cases of FMC-style battling? If this thing attacked, say, a Defense-Position Goblin Attack Force with something like Big Bang Shot equipped, then what?

Unboosted GAF has lower Atk than Big Bang Pummel Wandering Fighter so the opponent would be in for some serious pain. xD

Yokai Ronin: reverse toolbox style recruiter, eh? Pretty neat, though obviously field dependent. :3

Relentless Restriction: only your opponent? Major abuse alert; run three of these (backed by a set of Dark Bribe cards) and your opponent will be seriously screwed unless they get Jinzo or Decree out fast. I'd say make it burn both for the greater balance.

Decree of Yokai: permanent Marshamllonness + 500 Atk boost without the usual equip weakness? o.o Uhh...you might want to reconsider this one a little; at least put a duration limit on it. Sort of contradictory to the yokai self-sacrifice theme.

Yokai Okami: come now, you've already got Bakudon for destruction. Now the poor thing is crying over its replacedness in the shaded corner over yonder; I hope you're proud of yourself. :< Seriously, I'd say work with Bakudon instead; it's doing something that Exiled isn't and is thus a far cooler monster destruction engine because of its originality.

Oh, and the revamps are fine (Like I could say anything else xD) but Ino Yokai is still essentially a recyclable Harpie's Feather Duster. Why not make that like one or two cards and remove the activation limit? Or at least make it blast cards from both fields so you have to be more careful about using its effect?

Anyway, I guess I might as well give VI one last wanderer:

Wandering Madman
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Dark
2800 Atk / 2500 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. If this card was Tribute Summoned using two differently named "Wandering" monsters, it gains the following effect:

- Once per turn, discard one Spell Card in order to select a face-up monster on your opponent's Field and control it until the end of the turn this effect is activated. A monster controlled by this effect can not be offered as tribute and may attack your opponent directly. This card can not attack on the turn this effect is activated.

Direct attacks and monster control in one package. xD Might as well give him a partner too:

Limit Break - Light of Punishment
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points while "Wandering Madman" is face-up on your Field. Declare either Effect Monster or Normal Monster then check all cards on your opponent's Field and in his/her Hand (card effects are not activated) and send all monsters of the declared type to the Graveyard. If "Wandering Madman" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this effect. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn.

And returning to some old cards of mind. First off, Euphoria's little cousin gets a revamp:

Winged Mirth
Fairy/Effect
1 Star/Light
300 Atk / 200 Def

When you would receive damage other than as the result of Battle, discard this card from your Hand in order to reduce that damage to zero.

Aaand...an old set that didn't get enough love last time around. :3

Blaze Imp
Pyro/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1800 Atk / 300 Def

For each card that is removed from play while this card is removed from play, inflict 100 damage to your opponent.

Chthonian Flame Emperor
Pyro/Effect
5 Star/Fire
1800 Atk / 2300 Def

Whenever a card(s) is removed from play while this card is face-up on the Field, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Magma Golem
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Fire
800 Atk / 1600 Def

The type of this card is also treated as Pyro. When this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon), you may remove from play up to three cards from the top of your Deck. For each card removed from play by this effect, increase the Atk of this card by 400 until the end of the turn this effect was activated. When this card is destroyed by Battle and sent to the Graveyard, you may remove it from play in order to draw a card.

Pyrohydra
Pyro/Effect
5 Star/Fire
? Atk / ? Def

When this card on your Field would be sent to the Graveyard, it is removed from play instead. Whenever five or more of your cards are removed from play at the same time, Special summon this removed from play card to your Field. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the number of your cards removed from play x 400.

Sunset Phoenix
Winged Beast/Effect
7 Star/Fire
2400 Atk / 1700 Def

When you have two or more cards in your Hand other than this card, remove all cards in your Hand except this card from play in order to remove this card in your Hand or Graveyard from play. Whenever this card is removed from play by its own effect, Special Summon this card to the Field. Whenever this card is destroyed, select two Spell or Trap cards from the Field and destroy them. If this card is removed from play by an effect other than its own, shuffle it into your Deck.

Melting Mountain
Field Spell

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you may remove up to five cards from the top of your Deck from play in order to inflict damage to your opponent equal to 200 x the number of cards you removed. When a Pyro type monster on your Field would be destroyed, you may remove from play a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the level stars of that monster instead. (Damage Calculation, if any, is applied normally) When this card would be destroyed, you may remove a card in your Hand from play instead.

Volcano Buster
Normal Spell

When this card is removed from Play, inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent. Then, if this card was removed from your Hand or Deck, shuffle this card into your Deck.

Burning Veil
Continuous Spell

During each of your Standby Phases, remove one Pyro type monster from your Hand, Field, or Graveyard from play. If you do not, this card is destroyed. If your opponent declares an attack against a Pyro type monster on your Field while this card is face-up on the Field, all Battle Damage from that attack is inflicted to both players.

Pot of Iniquity
Normal Spell

Shuffle six of your cards removed from play into your Deck then draw two cards.

Magma Burst
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated on a Standby Phase when 10 or more of your card cards have been removed from play. Destroy all cards on the Field then skip your next Battle Phase.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Bleah, stupid cold killing my writing creativity. Guess it's children's playing cards for me for now. :3

Gee, what is it about cookies that makes people lunge at them? xD But yes, the card in question is indeed Dark Snake Syndrome. *hands cookie*

Because cookies are the infinite winner.

Trust me, I tried to come up with something like that but at the same time I wanted to stay true to the actual power of that ability (trumped up spellcasting) so I'm having some...compatibility issues. xD Ehh...might make a new one, we'll see.

Can't comment, since I don't know much about Terra other then 'Main Character FTW!!!' with a spellcasting limit break.

Unboosted GAF has lower Atk than Big Bang Pummel Wandering Fighter so the opponent would be in for some serious pain. xD

Feel the power. XD

Yokai Ronin: reverse toolbox style recruiter, eh? Pretty neat, though obviously field dependent. :3

Well, all of the Yokai are dependent on the mountain to a greater or lesser degree. You'll be running the maximum number of Terraforming copies, and a field searcher most likely (I'll throw that one out in a moment). Anyway, glad you like him. ;3

Relentless Restriction: only your opponent? Major abuse alert; run three of these (backed by a set of Dark Bribe cards) and your opponent will be seriously screwed unless they get Jinzo or Decree out fast. I'd say make it burn both for the greater balance.

Unless your opponent doesn't draw. Point taken though... I'll take it up with my attorney. XD

Decree of Yokai: permanent Marshamllonness + 500 Atk boost without the usual equip weakness? o.o Uhh...you might want to reconsider this one a little; at least put a duration limit on it. Sort of contradictory to the yokai self-sacrifice theme.

It was only meant to last one turn, to give Yokai something to deal with Monarch. I'll make some changes.

Yokai Okami: come now, you've already got Bakudon for destruction. Now the poor thing is crying over its replacedness in the shaded corner over yonder; I hope you're proud of yourself. :< Seriously, I'd say work with Bakudon instead; it's doing something that Exiled isn't and is thus a far cooler monster destruction engine because of its originality.

Exiled doesn't prevent zombies from rezzing themselves. >.< Anyway, Bakudan is five-star so you basically have to make -2 CA to summon it without Kappa. 0_o Then again, I suppose Bakudan can always come back, so I guess it balances itself. I'll be transferring this monster into something a bit more palatable. XD

Oh, and the revamps are fine (Like I could say anything else xD) but Ino Yokai is still essentially a recyclable Harpie's Feather Duster. Why not make that like one or two cards and remove the activation limit? Or at least make it blast cards from both fields so you have to be more careful about using its effect?

I'll get right on that. I keep forgetting that you recycle these monsters. XD

Anyway, I guess I might as well give VI one last wanderer:

Wandering Madman
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Dark
2800 Atk / 2500 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. If this card was Tribute Summoned using two differently named "Wandering" monsters, it gains the following effect:

- Once per turn, discard one Spell Card in order to select a face-up monster on your opponent's Field and control it until the end of the turn this effect is activated. A monster controlled by this effect can not be offered as tribute and may attack your opponent directly. This card can not attack on the turn this effect is activated.

Direct attacks and monster control in one package. xD Might as well give him a partner too:

Limit Break - Light of Punishment
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by paying half your Life Points while "Wandering Madman" is face-up on your Field. Declare either Effect Monster or Normal Monster then check all cards on your opponent's Field and in his/her Hand (card effects are not activated) and send all monsters of the declared type to the Graveyard. For each card sent to the Graveyard by this effect, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. If "Wandering Madman" is the only monster on your Field, you do not need to pay any Life Points to activate this effect. You may only activate one "Limit Break" Spell Card each turn.

And I thought I was the only one who could create beefed-up Wanderers. Actually, I think this one merits a required Wanderer tribute like Sephy, since you can basically turn your opponent's entire field against them. And the limit break... you may as well declare GG if your opponent doesn't have a guarding card in their backrow. Even then, your opponent's gonna be scooping if they don't draw a monster. If it weren't tied to a specific-summon monster, I'd be screaming "BROKEN! BROKEN!" I'd say 'tribute only by using two differently named 'Wandering' monsters.' That should take care of Limit Break abuse.

And returning to some old cards of mind. First off, Euphoria's little cousin gets a revamp:

Winged Mirth
Fairy/Effect
1 Star/Light
300 Atk / 200 Def

When you would receive damage other than as the result of Battle, discard this card from your Hand in order to reduce that damage to zero.

WMC burn now hates your guts, AE. XD

Aaand...an old set that didn't get enough love last time around. :3

Blaze Imp
Pyro/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1800 Atk / 300 Def

For each card that is removed from play while this card is removed from play, inflict 100 damage to your opponent.

Change that to 'when' if this was meant to be a one-off, or specify when the damage is dealt. Other then that, fair enough.

Chthonian Flame Emperor
Pyro/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1500 Atk / 1300 Def

Whenever a card(s) is removed from play while this card is face-up on the Field, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Okay, now we're starting to look into the realm of brokenness. This guy is UFO Turtle searchable, and when he's on the field, we're talking 3500 points of damage each turn with Melting Mountain. I'd say make him five-star, or unrecruitable. And at the very least, restrict his burn effect to cards removed from your field or hand, so MM abuse isn't going on.

Magma Golem
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Fire
800 Atk / 1600 Def

The type of this card is also treated as Pyro. When this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon), you may remove from play up to three cards from the top of your Deck. For each card removed from play by this effect, increase the Atk of this card by 400 until the end of the turn this effect was activated. When this card is destroyed by Battle and sent to the Graveyard, you may remove it from play in order to draw a card.

I thought there was already a Magma Golem. Was that one a Lava Golem? I can never remember. Anyway, if not for CFE, this card would be quite fair. As is, you're tossing another 1500 at the opponent and basically making it a two-turn battle.

Pyrohydra
Pyro/Effect
5 Star/Fire
? Atk / ? Def

When this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is removed from play instead. Whenever five or more of your cards are removed from play at the same time, Special summon this removed from play card to your Field. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the number of your cards removed from play x 400.

Basically a way of keeping high-attack monsters at bay, huh? I like this one quite a bit, actually. My only regret is that it infinitely summons itself infinitely. I'd say you should only remove it when it gets hit during battle, because as is this thing is rather unkillable in combo with ONE use of melting mountain.

Sunset Phoenix
Winged Beast/Effect
7 Star/Fire
2400 Atk / 1700 Def

When you have two or more cards in your Hand other than this card, remove all cards in your Hand except this card from play in order to remove this card in your Hand or Graveyard from play. Whenever this card is removed from play by its own effect, Special Summon this card to the Field. Whenever this card is destroyed, select two Spell or Trap cards from the Field and destroy them. If this card is removed from play by an effect other than its own, shuffle it into your Deck.

Why don't you just say "special summon this monster from your hand or graveyard by removing all cards in your hand from play?" This monster is basically recyclable S/T hate, but the hand cost keeps it from brokenness.

Melting Mountain
Field Spell

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you may remove up to five cards from the top of your Deck from play in order to inflict damage to your opponent equal to 200 x the number of cards you removed. When a Pyro type monster on your Field would be destroyed, you may remove from play a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the level stars of that monster instead. (Damage Calculation, if any, is applied normally) When this card would be destroyed, you may remove a card in your Hand from play instead.

Once again: I'd say this is okay, except that this makes CFE basically the most broken monster on earth. 3500 damage per turn, plus another 2000 if my opponent attacks me? Yes please. Your opponent is gonna run out of life points way before you get outdecked, trust me.

Volcano Buster
Normal Spell

When this card is removed from Play, inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent. Then, if this card was removed from your Hand or Deck, shuffle this card into your Deck.

This card is a lot of fun, I'd say, and basically sums up the unbroken aspects of this set. Seriously, CFE killed it.

Burning Veil
Continuous Spell

During each of your Standby Phases, remove one Pyro type monster from your Hand, Field, or Graveyard from play. If you do not, this card is destroyed. If your opponent declares an attack against a Pyro type monster on your Field while this card is face-up on the Field, all Battle Damage from that attack is inflicted to both players.

I'd rather just use Melting Mountain, thank you.

Pot of Iniquity
Normal Spell

Shuffle six of your cards removed from play into your Deck then draw two cards.

And now you're taking even longer to outdeck while you use Chthonian Flame Emperor. Nah...

Magma Burst
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated on a Standby Phase when 10 or more of your card cards have been removed from play. Destroy all cards on the Field then skip your next Battle Phase.

So basically, two turns in this becomes CED without the burn effect? Actually, I'd rather keep Melting Mountain in play since my deck doesn't function well without it. I'd say that this is a good emergency escape route, though. xD

Revamped Yokai, and redistributed effects:

Yokai Okami
Monster/Water/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 2100/ Def 0000
Destroy this monster if "Yokai Mountain" is not on the field. During your main phase, discard this card from your hand in order to add one "Yokai Mountain" from your graveyard or deck to your hand.

Inu Yokai
Monster/Wind/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1500/ Def 1500
During your main phase tribute this face up monster in order to destroy spell cards on you and your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of monsters on your respective fields or in your respective hands.

And for my next trick....

Sleight of Hand
Normal Spell
Draw one card. Switch all monsters you or your opponent controls into attack position (flip effects are not activated at this time.)

Hidden Spellbook
Equip Spell
When the equipped monster is sent to the graveyard by battle during your opponent's battle phase or as a result of a card effect your opponent controls, add one spell card from your deck to your hand.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Nyu, ACC...you seem to be overestimating the flame emperor. See how it says "Each time a card(s) is removed from play"? That means only 500 burn per effect, regardless of how many cards are removed. The emperor resolves once per effect so Emperor + full power mountain = 1500 burn, not 3500. (I agree that that would be crazy, which is why I gave that specific wording) Also, it only resolves once per chain so if - for instance - you chain something like D.D. Crow to your Melting Mountain (Don't ask me why someone would want to do that. xD) you'd still only get 500 burn out of it. Meh, I think I'll bump him out of the turtle range since he still combos so well with Melting Mountain's protection effect. xP

As for the imp: it's pulling a Marie except that it strikes from the removed from play pile rather than the graveyard, so every card that is removed from play while the imp is in your removed from play pile burns for 100. I can't say 'when' since that would only include the cards that are removed at the same time as this one. (Bleh, effects dealing with the removed from plays are such a pain to word xP) Basically, I intended for this to double up as muscle for to keep the field under control while we burn our way down to hydra or - if the imp gets removed - an accelerator for the burn. :3

Can't comment, since I don't know much about Terra other then 'Main Character FTW!!!' with a spellcasting limit break.

Well, it's not really a limit break, actually. You see, in FF VI there are only two limit breaks (Spin Edge for the ladies and Tiger Break for the guys, only the latter of which is any good) and they trigger automatically. However, each character has their own special ability so I've based their limit break spell cards on those. x3

As for Kefka's wandering counterpart...he's already no special summon and is nothing but a subpar vanilla unless you give up two different wanderers. =O But yeah, I removed the burn from his limit all the same. :3

thought there was already a Magma Golem. Was that one a Lava Golem? I can never remember. Anyway, if not for CFE, this card would be quite fair. As is, you're tossing another 1500 at the opponent and basically making it a two-turn battle.

It was lava, so there's no overlap, and the emperor has already been addressed, so... :3

Basically a way of keeping high-attack monsters at bay, huh? I like this one quite a bit, actually. My only regret is that it infinitely summons itself infinitely. I'd say you should only remove it when it gets hit during battle, because as is this thing is rather unkillable in combo with ONE use of melting mountain.

Umm...actually, the current effect means that it only summons itself when five or more cards get removed at the same time (When they get removed, not when they are in your removed from play pile), so you'd have to pull Melting Mountain's effect again and again to keep it in play if your opponent keeps pounding it down. Meh, I'll make it remove only if it's on the field first, but keep in mind that hydras are supposed to be hard to kill. ;D

Why don't you just say "special summon this monster from your hand or graveyard by removing all cards in your hand from play?" This monster is basically recyclable S/T hate, but the hand cost keeps it from brokenness.

There are subtle differences. First off, Soul Absorption gets one more card to enjoy through this. Second, this way it's not viable for Card of Safe Return exploit. Third, this way it's not special summoning from the hand or graveyard, which may become important with certain cards.

So basically, two turns in this becomes CED without the burn effect? Actually, I'd rather keep Melting Mountain in play since my deck doesn't function well without it. I'd say that this is a good emergency escape route, though. xD

It doesn't touch the hand so it's not a true CED. Also, you can keep your mountain, actually, because the mountain's self-protection can safeguard it for the cost of a card from your hand. ;D

Yokai Okami: uhh-huh, screw Terraforming; this is all the field search you'll ever need and then some. Tone-down, please, normal searchers can't touch you graveyard and don't double up as protection. Besides, Oni Yokai is already field searching; does it really need this guy as competition? D=

Inu Yokai: Okay, let me see if I got this effect straight. Is it like, both lose S/Ts equal to the number of the declared cards they have? Mhhmm...I think this has made the transition to Heavy Storm, which is definitely improvement. I see no issues here. ^^

Sleight of Hand: Instant three in decks that need to dig for specific cards because it's a costless self-replacer. Congratulations, you've just screwed Upstart Goblin over big time. Besides, I already made a card called Sleight of Hand like...ages ago. xD

Hidden Spellbook: another candidate for splashing because this makes digging up those key spells ridiculously easy. Just slap this on a recruiter and charge into your opponent's attack position beatstick. Some kind of balancing effect would be in order here. This would so get confused with Hidden Book of Spell. xD

Anyways, I'm sort of short on time right now so I'm only doing one fake:

Different Dimension Gardna

Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Light
300 Atk / 1700 Def

Only once per duel, when this card has been removed from play, you may negate the attack of a monster controlled by your opponent and remove it from play until the end of the Battle Phase.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Nyu, ACC...you seem to be overestimating the flame emperor. See how it says "Each time a card(s) is removed from play"? That means only 500 burn per effect, regardless of how many cards are removed. The emperor resolves once per effect so Emperor + full power mountain = 1500 burn, not 3500. (I agree that that would be crazy, which is why I gave that specific wording) Also, it only resolves once per chain so if - for instance - you chain something like D.D. Crow to your Melting Mountain (Don't ask me why someone would want to do that. xD) you'd still only get 500 burn out of it. Meh, I think I'll bump him out of the turtle range since he still combos so well with Melting Mountain's protection effect. xP

Oops. 0_o

As for the imp: it's pulling a Marie except that it strikes from the removed from play pile rather than the graveyard, so every card that is removed from play while the imp is in your removed from play pile burns for 100. I can't say 'when' since that would only include the cards that are removed at the same time as this one. (Bleh, effects dealing with the removed from plays are such a pain to word xP) Basically, I intended for this to double up as muscle for to keep the field under control while we burn our way down to hydra or - if the imp gets removed - an accelerator for the burn. :3

Oh.... I see....

Well, it's not really a limit break, actually. You see, in FF VI there are only two limit breaks (Spin Edge for the ladies and Tiger Break for the guys, only the latter of which is any good) and they trigger automatically. However, each character has their own special ability so I've based their limit break spell cards on those. x3

Once again, ignorance betrays me. :0

As for Kefka's wandering counterpart...he's already no special summon and is nothing but a subpar vanilla unless you give up two different wanderers. =O But yeah, I removed the burn from his limit all the same. :3

Missed the part about specifics, but yeah, the burn was going a little too far. Especially since as I recall it overshadowed Angel Nova. We all know that NOBODY is allowed to overshadow Sephiroth.

It was lava, so there's no overlap, and the emperor has already been addressed, so... :3

I see. Of course, the randomness of giving it a rock typing doesn't really need to be present. It's more card-thematic than an effect that'll be called into play in a given duel.

Umm...actually, the current effect means that it only summons itself when five or more cards get removed at the same time (When they get removed, not when they are in your removed from play pile), so you'd have to pull Melting Mountain's effect again and again to keep it in play if your opponent keeps pounding it down. Meh, I'll make it remove only if it's on the field first, but keep in mind that hydras are supposed to be hard to kill. ;D

Hmm... I'd say clarify the wording a bit in that case. Who knows how many other people will make my mistake? How about just saying "When five or more cards are removed from play at the same time by a card effect..."

There are subtle differences. First off, Soul Absorption gets one more card to enjoy through this. Second, this way it's not viable for Card of Safe Return exploit. Third, this way it's not special summoning from the hand or graveyard, which may become important with certain cards.

Ah....

It doesn't touch the hand so it's not a true CED. Also, you can keep your mountain, actually, because the mountain's self-protection can safeguard it for the cost of a card from your hand. ;D

Forgot about CED's hand screwing capabilities. And this from the guy whose first real deck was Chaos. (Le Gasp)

Yokai Okami: uhh-huh, screw Terraforming; this is all the field search you'll ever need and then some. Tone-down, please, normal searchers can't touch you graveyard and don't double up as protection. Besides, Oni Yokai is already field searching; does it really need this guy as competition? D=

Oni Yokai requires way more setup then most field searches, and your ability to activate his effect is directly dependent on what Karasu tossed during your last use of him. Point taken though, especially considering that Okami ties with Monarch with stat boost. I'll try holding back the effect a bit there.

Inu Yokai: Okay, let me see if I got this effect straight. Is it like, both lose S/Ts equal to the number of the declared cards they have? Mhhmm...I think this has made the transition to Heavy Storm, which is definitely improvement. I see no issues here. ^^

You hit the nail on the head.

Sleight of Hand: Instant three in decks that need to dig for specific cards because it's a costless self-replacer. Congratulations, you've just screwed Upstart Goblin over big time. Besides, I already made a card called Sleight of Hand like...ages ago. xD

You were just using your second sight to predict that I would make one. Yeh, good point there. I forget, is it Upstart Goblin that got limited or was that Good Goblin Housekeeping?

Hidden Spellbook: another candidate for splashing because this makes digging up those key spells ridiculously easy. Just slap this on a recruiter and charge into your opponent's attack position beatstick. Some kind of balancing effect would be in order here. This would so get confused with Hidden Book of Spell. xD

Did I put battle in there? Dang, I'm starting to break my cards in ways I never originally intended. 0_o That was meant to be only card effect destruction. Oopsies...

Anyways, I'm sort of short on time right now so I'm only doing one fake:

Different Dimension Gardna

Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Light
300 Atk / 1700 Def

Only once per duel, when this card has been removed from play, negate the attack of a monster controlled by your opponent and remove it from play until the end of the Battle Phase.

So basically extra fodder for MM burn, right? Remove from play with Melting Mountain, and this guy then turns into a selective negate attack. Not bad, not bad at all. Of course, he's pretty much useless if you draw him except as a temporary shield, but I suppose that's OK. I suppose the removal from the field is to make sure the monster doesn't just declare another attack through replay?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
@Haseo: If the cards in the deck are your own invention, then yes, post away.

Anyway, I've edited Okami so it only does the standard field search from deck. In addition, Hidden Spellbook still nets a spell card when your monster gets killed as a result of battle, but now it has to be during your opponent's battle phase. I know, now we're looking at semi-limited I'd guess, but I'd guess this is basically slated to be a "paralysis" card like Sasuke Samurai #4.

Anyway, moving on...

Hymn of the Fayth
Quickplay Spell
Discard one "Wandering Aeon" monster from your hand. Increase the Atk of a "Wandering" monster on your side of the field by half of the discarded monster's Atk points.

And some edited FFX Wanderers:

Wandering Guardian
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/6*
Atk 2400/Def 2000
When this monster destroys a monster in defense position, subtract the difference in this monsters's Atk points and the defending monster's defense points from your opponent's life points. When this monster is summoned by tributing a "Wandering" monster and "Wandering Summoner" or "Wandering Healer" is face-up on your field, you may reduce the original attack or defense of one monster on your opponent's side of the field by half.

Wandering Blitzer
Monster/Water/Warrior/Effect/5*
Atk 1600/ Def 1400
When another face-up "Wandering" monster is on your side of the field when this monster is tribute summoned, select and activate one of the following effects:
-Your opponent cannot activate spell cards during their next main phase.
-Your opponent must flip a coin when attacking a "Wandering" monster on your side of the field. If the coin is tails, your opponent may not attack that "Wandering" monster this turn.
-Your opponent cannot activate trap cards until their next battle phase.

And the limit breaks...

Limit Break-Banishing Blade
Normal Spell
Pay half your life points and select one face-up "Wandering Guardian" on your side of the field. When the selected "Wandering Guardian" declares an attack this turn, reduce the original attack and defense of all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field by half. If "Wandering Guardian" is the only monster on your side of the field, you do not need to pay life points to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Attack Reels
Normal Spell
Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Blitzer" on your side of the field. The selected "Wandering Blitzer" gains five hundred attack points until the end of the turn. Then flip one coin for each monster on your opponent's side of the field and one coin for your opponent. The selected "Wandering Blitzer" may attack each monster for which the coin landed heads. In addition to its normal attack, if the coin for your opponent is heads, the selected "Wandering Blitzer" may attack your opponent's life points directly. If "Wandering Blitzer" is the only monster on your side of the field, you do not need to pay life points to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mmmhmm...I'm pretty sure that both of the goblin cards have spent their time on the semi-limited side due to Exodia and the like, but Housekeeping is the regular semi-limited since three chained copies finished off with Emergency Provisions results in a combined effect of "Gain 3000 Life Points, draw 12 cards, then return 3 cards from your Hand to the bottom of your Deck". Needless to say, that's a lucrative prospect that puts the old Mirage/Provisions combo to shame in terms of sheer replenishing and deck cycling power.

Aaand...I'll see about getting a clearer wording for the hydra. As for Gardna; well, there would be no replay since it's not summoning anything to your field, but this way it blocks multi-attackers, nets another go for CFE and Soul Absorption and does some fun stuff with permanent effect monsters like Jinzo and Command Knight. (Come to think of it, it's especially mean to Sunset Phoenix since the poor thing gets tossed back into the deck by its own effect) Besides, removing from play ties in with the D.D. thematic. ;D

Anyways...

Hymn of the Fayth: so..basically a way to beef up the wanderers? Seeing as how this wording makes the boost permanent, this might well be worth the investment.

Wandering Guardian: umm...if we're conducting damage calculation as if the target was in attack position then modifying the Def won't matter since we're going by Atk anyway. Interesting effects, but remove one of the two parts from the first effect to prevent them for circumventing each other.

Wandering Blitzer: No-one in their right mind would go for the attack negation. Seeing as how it's only one monster, I think you could extend it to no attacks for two battle phases without a coin flip. Not much muscle to bring, but because of its paralytic ability this still has its uses, I think. But you know...you could lift the ban on special summons and just make it so that it doesn't get its effect unless it's tribute summoned (monarch style ftw). x3 I think you could also safely raise the stats a bit. (maybe like 1800-1900 range in Atk)

Limit Break-Banishing Blade: ouch, permanent Dark Dreadroute on everything your opponent has? x.O I'd say limit that to only the turn this effect is activated, or possibly until your next Standby Phase.

Limit Break-Attack Reels: gambling style limit, eh? Well, the permanent Atk boost sort of clashes with the limit break flair, but that aside, fair enough I suppose. One problem, though, using the current wording the blitzer would go chimeraish, that is: either attack the monsters or the player but not both. Adding an "in addition to its normal attack" and that problem should be solved. (After all, the current wording of that part just gives it direct attacking ability; not an extra attack)

Now for the revised ones:

Yokai Okami: Better, but I still think it's too large when you take the field boost into account. Considering how this is still more flexible than your average searcher I'd say make it something like 1800 or 1700 base Atk. Being able to butt heads with Jinzo and monarchs is certainly taking it too far. (incidentally; that 0 Def is a merit in many cases since it means that this thing is the last in line for Smashing Ground)

Hidden Spellbook: if we ignore the fact that your opponent has a 50/50 chance of getting away with attacking Samurai and can play monster removal with impunity. With this, you basically can't win as - at the very least - you'll have to give up a piece of S/T removal to get rid of the spell, making it a one-for-one unless it's Heavy Storm time; just imagine this on Sasuke Samurai #4. o.o I'd say make it either the battle destruction or effect destruction, because the only way I can see getting out of this is to Phoenix Wing or Raiza the equipped monster.

Unless...>D

Neo Cyber Dragon
Machine/Gemini
4 Star/Light
1800 Atk / 1300 Def

While this card is on your Field or in your Graveyard, it is treated as a Normal Monster. While this card is face-up on your Field, you may Normal Summon it in order to have it treated as an Effect Monster with the following effect:

- This card is treated as "Cyber Dragon".

Cyber Disruptor Dragon
Machine/Effect
7 Star/Light
2300 Atk / 2800 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Disruption Unit". Whenever a player activates the effect of a card from his/her Hand while this card is in face-up Attack Position, negate the activation and effect of that card and send it to the Graveyard, then reduce the original Atk of this card by 400. Whenever a player activates the effect of a card on his/her Field while this card is in face-up Defense Position, negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it, then reduce the original Def of this card by 600. If the Atk or Def of this card is lower than the amount it would be reduced by, the effect(s) of this card can not be activated.

Disruption Unit
Quick-Play Spell

Tribute two "Cyber Dragon"s from your Field then Special Summon one "Cyber Disruptor Dragon" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Yay for Light and Darkness Dragon rip-offs. xD Oh, and one card inspired by the latest development in CARD GAMES:

Hereditary Title
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated on the End Phase of a turn when a "Curran", "Pikeru" or "Royal" monster(s) on your Field was destroyed. Select one Effect Monster of a lower level than one of the destroyed monsters from your Hand or Deck and Special Summon it to your Field. A monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as a "Royal" monster. Any effect(s) of the monster summoned by this effect that designate a monster(s) with a specific name are treated as designating "Royal" monsters and any effect(s) of the monster summoned by this effect that designate a specific Field Spell are treated as designating "Court of Nobles". In addition, any effect(s) of the monster Special Summoned by this effect that would be activated by Normal Summon or Flip Summon are activated when the monster is Special Summoned by this effect.

xD

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Your card design is horrible, AE. Back to grade school with you. >.<

Disruptor Dragon: Kind of a more inclusive LaDD, huh? Except you can't spam Treeborn, since if memory serves right Treeborn's effect resolves in the graveyard. Question-would this thing hurt Yokai, since their effects resolve in the same manner?

Neo Cyber Dragon: Oh really now, didn't Cyber Dragon get enough love with the original cards? >.< Nevertheless, better then proto dragon.

Hereditary Title: Oh, I just can't wait to see you use this in CARD GAMES. Miseres+Court of Nobles FTW!!!! Of course, maybe you should say that any effects of the selected monster designating normal or flip summon are treated as designating special summon, since Miseres only resolves its effects through one of those two effects.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Good question that. Since Cyber Disruptor Dragon specifically attacks the activation of the effect (as opposed to the resolution, like Skill Drain does) I believe that Exiled and yokais would indeed be negated as they need to be on the field to activate. Treeborn and recruiters don't, so the little wretches get off the hook.

And I was actually looking for a way to make that second effect play out without creating a huge loophole for other monsters. Mmhmm...I think I'll go with your suggestion, though that makes pulling Guardian Sphinx with this a real blast. xD

Aaand Cyber Dragon is only really played for its own splashability and crazy fusions; the nomis got no love, so I'm aiming at them. D=

Which reminds me...

Cybernetic Evolution

Normal Spell

Tribute one "Cyber Dragon" from your Field and discard one Spell Card that designates "Cyber Dragon" in its card effect from your Hand or Deck in order to select one monster from your Hand, Deck or Graveyard other than "Cyber Dragon" that is designated in the card effect of the Spell Card you discarded and Special Summon it to your Field, ignoring summoning conditions.

^
Basically, a fancy way to say: summon your favorite Cyber Dragon nomi.

Chimeratech Debiliator Dragon
Machine/Effect
10 Star/Dark
? Atk / ? Def

Cyber Disruptor Dragon + any number of Machine Type monsters

When this card is Fusion Summoned successfully, destroy all other cards on your Field. The original Atk of this card becomes 600 x the number of monsters used in the Fusion Summon and the original Def of this card becomes 800 x the number of monsters used in the Fusion Summon. Whenever a player activates the effect of a card from his/her Hand, negate the activation and effect of that card and send it to the Graveyard, then reduce the original Atk of this card by 400. Whenever a player activates the effect of a card from his/her Field, negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it, then reduce the original Def of this card by 600. If the Atk or Def of this card is lower than the amount it would be reduced by, the effect(s) of this card can not be activated and this card is destroyed. When this card is destroyed by its own effect, draw a card.

Inspired by a certain Chimeratech monster featured in the anime. Okay, I'm done with Cyber Dragons now. :3

And, I'm working on my CARD GAMES IC on the side here, in case you were wondering. xD

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
I suck at rating cards but I just have to say that the text of Chimeratech Debiliator Dragon is way too long. :P

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Multiple effects=long text. Do you know how you would go about changing this text to be shorter?

Lessee....

Wandering Dark Mage Girl
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/6*
Atk 1900/ Def 1900
This monster cannot be special summoned. When this monster battles with a Fire, Water, or Light attribute monster, destroy that monster without applying damage calculation. By discarding one spell card from your hand while a "Wandering" monster is on the field, you may change this card's effect to one of the following.
-This monster's original attack becomes 2400.
-Destroy all Earth, Wind, and Dark attribute monsters that this card battles with without applying damage calculation.

Heh, Lulu is harder to convert because her purpose is basically to nuke Elemental fiends and deal heavy hits with Doublecast.

Wandering Machina Thief
Monster/Wind/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1300/ Def 1300
Destroy any machine-type monsters that this monster battles with without applying damage calculation. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, draw a card OR discard a card from your opponent's hand. (Your opponent chooses which effect is activated.)

Wandering Ronso
Monster/Earth/Beast-Warrior/Effect/6*
Atk 1700/Def 1500
This monster gains the effect of any monster on the field when it is summoned. If "Wandering Summoner" or "Wandering Healer" is face up on your side of the field, during your standby phase you may remove this monster from play. If you do so, special summon this monster during your next standby phase. When this monster is special summoned in this way, destroy one monster OR one face-up spell or trap card on your opponent's side of the field. This effect can only be used once for every copy of "Wandering Ronso" in your deck.

Wandering Aeon-Namia
Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/12*
Atk ????/Def ????
This monster can only be summoned through the effect of "Wandering Summoner". This monster's original attack and defense points are equal to the number of cards in both player's graveyards x300. This monster cannot be destroyed by monster, spell, or trap effects.

Heheh, would be broken if not for Summoner's little removal clause. (I hope...)

Limit Break time!

Limit Break-Fury
Normal Spell
Pay half your life points and select one face-up "Wandering Black Mage Girl" on your side of the field. Place up to fourteen cards from your deck face-down in front of you while your opponent times you (All cards used in this effect are returned to the deck after this card's effect has resolved.) Deal damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards you flip over in three seconds x400. If "Wandering Black Mage Girl" is the only monster on your side of the field you do not need to pay life points to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell card per turn.

I need to revise this one, but Fury is a hard break to translate. -_-

Limit Break-Ronso Rage
Normal Spell
Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Ronso" on your side of the field. The selected "Wandering Ronso" gains the effect(s) of any monster on the field or in both player's graveyards for this turn only. The selected "Wandering Ronso" may activate any effects that require a successful normal summon or tribute summon as if they did not once during the turn this card is played. If "Wandering Ronso" is the only monster on your side of the field, you do not need to pay life points to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Oblivion
Normal Spell
Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Aeon-Namia" on your side of the field. Destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field. If "Wandering Summoner" and "Wandering Aeon-Namia" are the only monsters on your side of the field, you do not need to pay life points to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell card per turn.

Limit Break-Mix
Normal Spell
Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Machina Thief" on your side of the field. Send two spell cards from your hand to the graveyard. If "Wandering Machina Thief" is the only monster on your side of the field, you do not need to pay life points to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell card per turn. If both spell cards discarded by this card's effect have one of the effects listed below, select and activate the appropriate effect:
-Destruction of monsters: Destroy two face-up monsters on the opponent's side of the field.
-Drawing from the deck/Removing cards from the hand: You and your opponent each draw four cards OR your opponent discards two cards from their hand.
-Destruction of spell or trap cards: Destroy spell cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of cards in their hand OR the number of monsters on their field.
-Searching for cards in the deck: Select any card from your deck and add it to your hand.
-Any combination of the above listed effects or none of the above: The selected "Wandering Machina Thief" destroys any monster it battles with without applying damage calculation for this turn only.

Hmm... maybe a little overkill for that last one, but I suppose one of you could come up with something better to represent Mix, eh?

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Wander Dark Mage Girl: one problem, since the effect specifies that the card's whole effect is changed, wouldn't that also override the effect changer effect? You might want to reword that somehow. x3 Other than that, fair enough.

Wandering Machina Thief: I think I'll stick with the rogue. Without some serious help it won't be destroying much beyond its machine destruction effect, which won't let the CA-generating effect activate. D=

Wandering Ronso: ahh...this would be the weird blue mage character of the game, yes? Fair enough, I suppose, though wouldn't that last provision imply that each Ronso can use its effect once plus once more for each other Ronso you have? (Meaning that each would get three shots if you have three in your deck) Maybe change that to something like "This card may only use this effect once per Duel.".

Wandering Aeon-Namia: I see no brokenness, really. It can still be blasted by higher Atk monsters and the buildup is very slow unless you have a seriously dedicated mill deck. (I mean, it needs more than half a deck's worth of cards to have been ditched just to pound down Cyber Dragon) Phoenix Wing and suchlike blow it off the field too. =O

Limit Break-Fury: heh, this effect is so wacky that I love it. In all fairness, though, I think the opponent should time it. Also, you need provisions for where the cards come from and where they go when you're done. Maybe restrict that to a maximum of 10 cards and 400 burn per card too? 4000 points of burn from a single card (provided that you can flip fast) is still pretty freakin' crazy, 7000 is completely out there. =O

Limit Break-Ronso Rage: ow, just ow. With Monarchs and Card Tropper all over the place, I shudder to think what this thing can do. x.O Anyway, to begin with you have to do something about those summon effects. Since they're 'on summon only' they don't have any restrictions on how many times they can be used, so that leaves room for major breaktacularity here. This still has some crazy exploit opportunities, though. Maybe restrict that to one 'on summon' effect to be at least sort of fair about it?

Limit Break-Oblivion: situational Lightning Vortex. Fine, why not? Heck, you could even extend it to all of your opponent's monsters in lieu with Burst Stream of Destruction.

Limit Break-Mix: broken to the max. (Come on, anything capable of drawing eight cards (or discarding four) at the cost of one, or pulling a no-wait Gold Sarcophagus in duplicate, is instantly broken) Just...tone down those abilities. A lot. xP The S/T removal one could be strengthened, though, since being able to destroy nothing but spell cards is pretty feeble.

Can we say crazy limit breaks? And you complained about Light of Punishment. x.O

Anyways, I think I've finally come up with some cards that would suit a certain NPC of mine. x3

True Power's Release
Normal Spell

Tribute one Level 2 or lower Normal Monster on your Field then Special Summon one "Unsealed" Fusion Monster of the same type as the tributed monster from your Fusion Deck. Send two level 2 or lower Normal Monsters from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard to add this card from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Gift of the Underdog
Normal Spell

Draw a number of cards equal to the number of Level 2 or lower Normal Monsters on your Field.

Power Limit
Continuous Spell

During each of your Standby Phases, pay 500 Life Points. If you do not, this card is destroyed. If a Level 4 or higher monster is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon) while this card is face-up on the Field, reduce the Atk and Def of that monster by half until the end of the turn.

Unsealed Cat Fiend
Beast/Fusion/Effect
2 Star/Fire
800 Atk / 900 Def

This card only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". When this card is Special Summoned successfully, place 9 Life Counters on this card. Each time this card would be destroyed, remove one Life Counter from this card instead. (Damage Calculation, if any, is applied normally) If this card battles without a Life Counter, it is destroyed at the end of the Damage Step. Whenever this card attacks monster controlled by your opponent, destroy the attacked monster at the end of the Damage Step then inflict damage to your opponent equal to 100 x the level stars of the destroyed monster.

Unsealed Dragonette
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
2 Star/Wind
1400 Atk / 800 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". Once per turn, you may select a number of cards from your opponent's Field up to the number of Level 2 or lower monsters on your Field and return them to their owner's Hand(s). On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack. When this card attacks or is attacked, by discarding one level 2 or lower Normal Monster from your Hand, return the monster this card battles with to its owner's Hand without applying Damage Calculation.

Unsealed Graveshuffler
Zombie/Fusion/Effect
2 Star/Dark
? Atk / ? Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". The Original Atk and Def of this card becomes the combined number of Level 2 or lower Normal Monsters in both players' Graveyards x 500. When this card is destroyed, add one Level 2 or lower Normal Monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Unsealed Hero
Warrior/Fusion/Effect
2 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 700 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". This card can not be destroyed in Battle with a level 5 or higher monster. Once per turn, when this card attacks a monster on your opponent's Field, you may discard one card from your Hand. If you do, destroy the attacked monster with this card's effect without applying Damage Calculation. If the target monster is face-down, it is not flipped face-up by this effect.

Unsealed Hydra

Reptile/Effect
2 Star/Water
800 Atk / 1000 Def

When this card would be destroyed, you may destroy one Level 2 or lower Normal Monster on your Field instead. (A monster destroyed by this effect is treated as having been destroyed by Battle) For each Level 2 or lower monster on your Field, increase the original Atk of this card by 400. In addition to its normal attack, this card may attack a number of your opponent's monsters up to the number of Level 2 or lower Normal Monsters on your Field. On the turn this effect is activated, Level 2 or lower Normal Monsters on your Field may not attack.

Unsealed Illusionist
Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect
1 Star/Dark
800 Atk / 1200 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". While there is another Level 2 or lower monster on your Field, this card can not be selected as an attack target. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you may select one monster from either player's Graveyard and Special Summon it to your Field. Any Battle Damage inflicted by a monster Special Summoned by this effect becomes zero and when the monster battles, it is destroyed at the end of the Damage Step.

Unsealed Poltergeist
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
1 Star/Dark
700 Atk / 200 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". During your Main Phase, you may tribute one Level 2 or lower monster on your Field. If you do, this card can attack your opponent directly this turn. Whenever this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent as the result of a Direct Attack, discard a number of cards from your opponent's Hand up to to the number of Level 2 or lower monsters on your Field.

Unsealed Soot Spirit
Pyro/Fusion/Effect
1 Star/Fire
500 Atk / 1700 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". This card can not be destroyed by card effects. During each of your End Phases, if this card is face-up on the Field, you may Special Summon one Soot Token (Pyro Type/Earth Attribute/1 Star/0 Atk/0 Def) to your Field in Defense Position. Soot Tokens are treated as Normal Monsters. Also, while there is a face-up Soot Token(s) on your Field, your opponent may not declare an attack against any monster on your Field except Soot Token. (If there are multiple tokens, your opponent may choose which one to attack) During each of your Standby Phases, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each Level 2 or lower Normal Monster on your Field.

Unsealed Storm Fiend
Thunder/Fusion/Effect
1 Star/Light
0 Atk / 1500 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "True Power's Release". This Attack Position card can not be destroyed by Battle. During each of your Standby Phases, if this card is face-up on the Field, select one card on your opponent's Field and destroy it. When this card battles, by discarding one level 2 or lower Normal Monster from your Hand, you may inflict all Battle Damage from that battle to your opponent.

Last edited:
Back