• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eyyy! Could anyone gimmie a hand?

Years
Howdy! Just call me Sofi! I draw, write, and I like to play 'mon games! Especially hacks! I was raised with gen 4 & 5 UvU
Does anyone know where I could find a forum for shiny hunters or ROM hack players? I could use their help right now. Thank you all <3

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Heyo, welcome to PC

Our ROM Hacking section can be found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=289
As for shiny hunting, there's a couple of places that may be of help to you, depending what exactly it is you need.

Feel free to ask me or others for any other questions or help you may need during you time here =)

Years
To be precise, I'm shiny hunting starters in a hacked ROM (Namely, Storm Silver) which is why I asked for both forums.

Thanks c:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Ah. We don't don't really have a specific place for shiny hunting really, so you might as well start off in ROM Hacking (since you're doing it on a hack game), and then if for some reason they are unable to help you, then maybe try Pokemon Gaming Central or something and see if that yields anything. ?\_(?)_/?

She

is home
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
Hello hello and welcome to Pokecommunity!
Ohh naiso a writer and an artist. I would to see your art and writing xD Em about your questions, I don't know any other forum beside Pokecommunity, sorry! Anyway, enjoy your time here and stick with us always! Toodles!

Years
Feel free to chat about shinies in ROM hacks/fan games in the Daily Chit-Chat thread (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=401183) over at the Fan Games forum! And of course you can post in the fan game?s thread itself if it?s around...good luck =) I?ve never encountered a shiny in fan games, can imagine that?s super exciting ahh

Welcome Sofi and enjoy your time here ~

Years
Hello hello and welcome to Pokecommunity!
Ohh naiso a writer and an artist. I would to see your art and writing xD Em about your questions, I don't know any other forum beside Pokecommunity, sorry! Anyway, enjoy your time here and stick with us always! Toodles!

Ah well thanks anyways! I'll be around the Art or Writing forums when I can! :)

Feel free to chat about shinies in ROM hacks/fan games in the Daily Chit-Chat thread (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=401183) over at the Fan Games forum! And of course you can post in the fan game?s thread itself if it?s around...good luck =) I?ve never encountered a shiny in fan games, can imagine that?s super exciting ahh

Welcome Sofi and enjoy your time here ~

Just encountered a shiny in a fan game I'm playing just now haha. Thank you for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

𝒫𝑜𝓀𝑒-𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓃

Pokemon Speedrunner/Shiny Hunter
Years
Howdy! Just call me Sofi! I draw, write, and I like to play 'mon games! Especially hacks! I was raised with gen 4 & 5 UvU
Does anyone know where I could find a forum for shiny hunters or ROM hack players? I could use their help right now. Thank you all <3

Hello and welcome to the community fellow Pokemon friend. I am new here too but I can help with your Shiny-Hunting Problem.

Depending on the fact if you're trying to hunt a starter Poke'mon: I have no clue personally if your ROM Hack game has Fan-made starters. If it does then It may have a shiny starter in there. However, if it's just an official Poke'mon starter you may have to reset the ROM over and over and go into a battle with that starter to check if it's shiny (If it's Gen 3) If it's Gen 1 check the stats.

The Wild Poke'mon starters just either keep fighting/battling 'till you get that shiny starter you want or keep running away and trying again. It may take a lot of time but it may be worth it depending if you really want it. Most of my shinies I have found were worth it, So many shinies are worth it just for collecting but not so for battling. But Anyway, I wish you much luck on finding that shiny Poke'mon!

Welcome to the Poke'mon Community once again!

Years
Hello and welcome to the community fellow Pokemon friend. I am new here too but I can help with your Shiny-Hunting Problem.

Depending on the fact if you're trying to hunt a starter Poke'mon: I have no clue personally if your ROM Hack game has Fan-made starters. If it does then It may have a shiny starter in there. However, if it's just an official Poke'mon starter you may have to reset the ROM over and over and go into a battle with that starter to check if it's shiny (If it's Gen 3) If it's Gen 1 check the stats.

The Wild Poke'mon starters just either keep fighting/battling 'till you get that shiny starter you want or keep running away and trying again. It may take a lot of time but it may be worth it depending if you really want it. Most of my shinies I have found were worth it, So many shinies are worth it just for collecting but not so for battling. But Anyway, I wish you much luck on finding that shiny Poke'mon!

Welcome to the Poke'mon Community once again!

Hey there!
In the ROM hacks I'm playing (Storm Silver and Blaze Black 1 and 2, i.e gen 4 and 5) all the original Pokemon stay as they are. I gave up on the starter mon since I didn't feel like it was worth it, so I just stuck with its original version.
However very recently I have soft reseted for a shiny Lapras, and it was a really fast and successful hunt! I'm super happy with it, and before catching it I've found 2 accidental shinies in my journey. I have been watching videos recently about how shiny hunting works, but your advice on shiny starters in hacks was really helpful and I couldn't find anywhere. Thank you for everything man! :D

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hopefully you'll get all the assistance you'll need there soon! The members are quite knowledgeable in there field, so I wouldn't worry! I used to shiny hunt often but haven't done so recently. Maybe I should, but first I gotta find that project! ;w;

Anyway, welcome, welcome! You can call me Dragon! I hope you have a great weekend, and I look forward to your activity. :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there!
In the ROM hacks I'm playing (Storm Silver and Blaze Black 1 and 2, i.e gen 4 and 5) all the original Pokemon stay as they are. I gave up on the starter mon since I didn't feel like it was worth it, so I just stuck with its original version.
However very recently I have soft reseted for a shiny Lapras, and it was a really fast and successful hunt! I'm super happy with it, and before catching it I've found 2 accidental shinies in my journey. I have been watching videos recently about how shiny hunting works, but your advice on shiny starters in hacks was really helpful and I couldn't find anywhere. Thank you for everything man! :D

Congratulations on your shiny hunts! Nothing better than stumbling across some hard won shinies! ;D And you seem to have found your way to our shiny hunter's club! I was going to link it to you but you're already two steps ahead of me. :)

Anyway, welcome to the forums and please let us know if there is anything we can do!

𝒫𝑜𝓀𝑒-𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓃

Pokemon Speedrunner/Shiny Hunter
Years
Hey there!

No problem. I am always glad to help people when they are in need. I hope you get to be involved and I hope we could possibly grow to become friends!

Back