• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Adding New Moves in Pokemon Red

Years
I have just finished my ROM hack of Pokemon Red called Pokemon INSANE Red Version. I want to add new moves in my next release.

For example adding the move Icicle Spear by making it have the Fury Attack battle animation.

Another example is the move Flame Wheel which could use the Fire Spin battle animation.

I have played a very awesome hack of Pokemon Red called Pokemon Brown and I have noticed that the author added new moves by replacing unused glitched moves.

I want to know how to add new moves with Gold Finger and how to find out what exact byte contains that new move.

For example the exact byte that contains the move Sludge is byte 7C.

I have tried adding a new move via pokered disassembly but I keep getting an error when I run the make command.

For example I want to add the move Octazooka this is the error I keep getting.

This is the error I get when I run the make command.

rgblink -d -n pokered.sym -l pokered.link -o pokered.gbc audio_red.o main_red.o text_red.o wram_red.o
error: Unknown symbol 'OCTAZOOKA'
make: *** [Makefile:68: pokered.gbc] Error 1

Back