• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BC Discussion & Feedback

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
See, while that would be a good idea I just don't think it'd fly. We have the userbase but the majority doesn't play competitive, and viability rankings would be decided by just a small group of people while the others don't understand. I think as a whole we need to motivate everyone more, and then get stuff going. Half the community only plays randbats, so :(

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
See, while that would be a good idea I just don't think it'd fly. We have the userbase but the majority doesn't play competitive, and viability rankings would be decided by just a small group of people while the others don't understand. I think as a whole we need to motivate everyone more, and then get stuff going. Half the community only plays randbats, so :(
I think we have the userbase but it's honestly too lazy (myself included).

I mean the UU tournament filled up pretty quickly and there were people who were disappointed they didn't get in. If the fifteen or so people decided to work on this 'tier/viability list' we could get somewhere I feel. I mean Smogon's lists probably have about 30 people on them but at times it's less then ten debating. It's a matter of interest and motivation as you said.

Just saying we need more then simple "Do you x" threads and more discussion-orientated and interesting threads which will keep people coming back.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I guess there's no harm in trying I just think we have to maybe start small? If we did go with viability, what tier would we have viability rankings for? And also would we have mid S, high S etc. NU doesn't have low and high and it works really well imo.

Also maybe we could have ccat for another tier so you have two diff things going in at once so it doesn't overwealm anyone with one tier.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
We need more interest before we begin . So yeah I'm hoping some people post to show interest.

And I guess NU/UU would be the ones to go for as no one plays OU much around here. And yeah I agree no low/mid/top. It should just be tiers, I think UU has a bigger playerbase here though. Apart from ranbats it's probably the most popular.

Actually we could have a POTD like the server thing and sort one Pokemon a day or something. Like
Day 1: Pokemon is Snorlax
Discussion/Votes via post/Sorted
Day 2: Pokemon is ....
etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Idk I think it's pretty even with NU right now, maybe we just need to tighten those interests so we get a general gage. Viability should be for most popular and ccat for the other though imo. We could also do other things like what I host on smogon (next best thing), revive counter that mon and just get creativity going.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Well UU/NU, it's not OU for sure :|

Perhaps give one of these threads a test run? Honestly interest in anything seems pretty low at the moment.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
By all means, give it a test run. You won't know if it will work unless you try.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Well it's up, post people. This is a chance to get a mini project going.

Bring back the reason for having this forum :|

droomph

weeb
Years
I have a thing about the battle server (i don't know if it should go here so sorry if it isn't)

Whenever I go there, it seems that I run into a full-blown conversation about them having an orgy or whatever, and it's really annoying as I can't even get in a conversation when I'm there. it really just forces me to leave as I go there for the chat mostly.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm fine with a bit of sex or whatever. But when I see lines like "and I *** on your ___" that's when it crosses my lines. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what, but I see a conversation like that almost every time I go on.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have a thing about the battle server (i don't know if it should go here so sorry if it isn't)

Whenever I go there, it seems that I run into a full-blown conversation about them having an orgy or whatever, and it's really annoying as I can't even get in a conversation when I'm there. it really just forces me to leave as I go there for the chat mostly.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm fine with a bit of sex or whatever. But when I see lines like "and I *** on your ___" that's when it crosses my lines. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what, but I see a conversation like that almost every time I go on.
You visit the server? :o I've never seen you there, but you should definitely come more! I assure you it's not like that at all for the majority of the time, in fact we have a strict rule against this sort of thing. If you notice it happening and a staff member hasn't dealt with it, make sure to notify one of us and/or save logs of it to show us when one of us is around, because we don't accept this kind of talk/behaviour and if noticed it will certainly be dealt with. I definitely urge you to try visiting again as these really do seem like isolated unfortunate incidents, but if you do have trouble with people on the server then we're always around if you need to talk to someone about it :)

Sirfetch’d

Lol I didn't know okay. But it's really just a problem I wanted to know how to deal with :)

Understandable! If you are someone who doesn't frequent and just walk into that topic, I don't blame you for not PMing a mod, but posting here instead. However as Alex stated sexual talk like that is strictly banned now. We used to allow it, but it made for a toxic environment and we had to ban it altogether. Hope to see you back soon!

Back