• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

Victini

They both look breathtakingly incredible.

But I think, in dedication to the Deer God from Princess Mononoke, I'll be going for Xerneas. ://3

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I don't think it'll be unfair if they were Steel/Grass and Dark/Flying respectively as both will inflict 1 X damage on one another like Lugia and Ho-oh do.

Kyogre>Groudon and they were supposedly equal enemies. Clearly the concept is important, not necessarily the type-match-up between them.

If Xerneas gets another type, like freaking Steel, then Yveltal being Flying simply because of its appearance seems less...special. You know, like it should be Dark/Poison at least then or something.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Kyogre>Groudon and they were supposedly equal enemies. Clearly the concept is important, not necessarily the type-match-up between them.

If Xerneas gets another type, like freaking Steel, then Yveltal being Flying simply because of its appearance seems less...special. You know, like it should be Dark/Poison at least then or something.

In Groudon's defense it's natural ability can also weaken almost all of Kyogre's attacks as well as learn Solar Beam for one shot no charge Solar Beams. I know it can work backwards with Kyogre getting the upperhand, but its just there. Groudon despite having natural type weakness can overcome Kyogre through other affinities.

And even though I've been on the nay side for this...I kinda see the possibility of new types for Xerneas/Yveltal what with the theme being about genetics, its not hard for them to throw in another type for the two to share.

As for Xerneas being steel...I almost can't see it. Sure his legs look metallic in a way, but it naturally bends which takes away from the metal look. I can even see a huge twist with both being Normal typed.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Wouldn't Grass/Psychic and Flying/Dark lead to Yveltal having a massive Advantage over Xerneas ? However, if it's Electric/Psychic and Flying/Dark, then it evens out beautifully . But then again we had Groudon and kyogre, so idk.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Watch as this probably ends up being the most likely scenario. XD

Though that would make them pretty weak if they were both normal type, unless they had the proper stats to back it up. .___. It'd be kind of sad to see these legendaries go down in one fighting-type move, you'd expect them to be tougher than that, so I hope not...

Nooope extremely unlikely imo. GF links to make their legendaries unique with interesting typings, just giving them normal is just kind of not really a compliment to them. :( Um, not compliment, I mean, it's just not really a way to make them stand out as interesting/strong and unique legendaries.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I think that Yveltal will be Dark/something, it just looks so dark-like. I think its secondary typing will be Flying tbh since it shares a similar resemblance to Lugia. As for Xerneas, the fact that it's in a forest gives off the Normal/Grass feel. But I doubt we'd get a legendary with a typing like that. Its colouring makes it look like it could be either Steel or Water, and its antler things give off a Psychic feel. Steel/Psychic would be nice, but maybe Water/Steel? Psychic/Grass? (pls no)

Firestorm.

AND I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!
Years
Yveltal looks better in my opinion, though I've always liked the idea of a supermassive super-cool Pokemon. In comparison Xerneas just looks... less impressive.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
i was thinking that perhaps they might try and introduce a triple typing system for Xerneas and Yveltal, as there is such a variance in what types they could be otherwise.

i was thinking Yveltal could be perhaps dark, flying and electric. Xerneas could be perhaps psychic, steel and grass, or perhaps the colours on It's horns are meant to indicate its typing

Years
Mew and Mewtwo are classics (simple, yet interesting)
Lugia and Ho-ho were moderately interesting
Kyogre, Groudon bored me.
Palkia Dialga bored me.
Zekrom and Reshiram bored me.
The last three seemed like your generic and bulky legendaries.

I am very optimistic about generation six legendaries!
First off, they have an organic composition, like blood vessels and veiny!
I think that these starters break the mold of generic bulky legendaries and introduce a more elegant, regal, yet pernicious exteriors. No complaints on my end!

Years
Mew and Mewtwo are classics (simple, yet interesting)
Lugia and Ho-ho were moderately interesting
Kyogre, Groudon bored me.
Palkia Dialga bored me.
Zekrom and Reshiram bored me.
The last three seemed like your generic and bulky legendaries.

I am very optimistic about generation six legendaries!
First off, they have an organic composition, like blood vessels and veiny!
I think that these starters break the mold of generic bulky legendaries and introduce a more elegant, regal, yet pernicious exteriors. No complaints on my end!

My feelings EXACTLY! Although, I feel like Yveltal looks a bit more "bulky" and "generic;"
Xerneas is a very fresh look from the last three generations! >DDD Good job PokeDevs!!

Naxyr

Pronounced Nazear...
Years
I like them both because they're unique (even if Xerneas is the so-called Virizion 2.0), but I personally like Yveltal more because it's cool.

Fenneking...
Ok, now that seems like a cool setup with the legendaries. Nice balance.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Well, here is my postulation!

X: Psychic/Water
Y: Dark/Fire

Balanced out perfectly!

Z: Fighting/Grass
(There's gotta be a Z!)

I understand the speculation that there will be a Z, but honestly, I can't think of a way that they'd be able to do it.

If Yveltal is a sky deity (for the Y-axis) , and Xerneas is an Earth deity (for the X-axis), you have to realize that Z-legend would just be another Earth deity, (If y-axis is altitude, and the x-axis tracks you to your left and right, the z-axis is just forward and back, still on the ground) and I think it would be difficult to differentiate him with Xerneas, and even if they did, having two Earth deities wouldn't make the trio very balanced.

I still think there probably will be one, but I think it'll be interesting exactly how they deal with it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah it seems very land-based, or even from a forest, so grass/steel or something would suit it more, while psychic also seems out of place too from how it really looks, but ya as Vapor said, looks lie, etc. :(

Years
I prefer the flying bulged vains monster over the deer. It just looks more manly and powerful lol
It's clever the way it's in the shape of a "Y".

Back