Sheep

she/her
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
31,050 posts
14.4 Years
A living Pokédex is a fan term for a game which not only has a complete Pokédex, but has one of every available species of Pokémon stored in its PC boxes as well, usually in their National Pokédex order. It follows the most literal interpretation of the slogan of the series, "Gotta catch 'em all!".
This is a huge and time-consuming undertaking, but one some people get super into. Have you ever completed a living dex? If not, would you ever want to, or do you prefer to admire from afar?
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Seliph

Life...

Age 30
They/Them
Online now
Posted 10 Minutes Ago
3,385 posts
8.1 Years
Just completing the Pokedex alone was a very stressful undertaking. I'd never even consider getting every evolutionary stage as a "living" species, as well.

But I've seen these crazy maniacs: The kind that's not just satisfied with getting one living dex. I've seen at least one person getting:
- a living dex
- a living shiny dex
- a living Unown dex and
- a living shiny Unown dex

Now that's some dedication!

I wonder if someone wants to take up the challenge for a living Spinda dex. :P

Pendraflare

Age 29
Male
Pennsylvania
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,259 posts
7.5 Years
Yep. I have one for XY, one for USUM and recently got one for SwSh. It's fun to have even though for the latter I'm not focused on keeping any one particular file.
Azurilland | Twitter | Nuzlocke Forums
May someday resurface in full. We'll see what happens down the road!

Sheep

she/her
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
31,050 posts
14.4 Years
I've always tried to complete a living dex, but I never quite get there. I think the closest I ever got was with Sapphire. I thought with the Pokemon Bank I'd finally be able to get there, but nope. Still trying xD Now I'm thinking I'll be able to do it with fan made games. (Still haven't lol) Some day!
Lol this was my thought when bank came out too! In the end it never happened, and may not ever happen oof
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
53 posts
46 Days
I don't really like catching that much Pokémon, even in official games, I only have like one box of Pokémon I used on my team before. The most boxes of random Pokémon I got is in Pokémon Unbound, my 1st ever completed ROM hack and it was AMAZING. It had so much Pokémon from other Generations that I caught I a lot of them.
If you think about it, when we trip or fall or fail in life, there is always another one who stands, rises and succeeds in life at the same moment. So do we fall when others rise?

I support Pokémon Unbound, Etherean Dreams, Pokémon Round Redux and many more.

Zed01

Male
Virbank City
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
76 posts
1.5 Years
I tried during Gen 7 but got bored after I completed Kanto, Johto and most of Hoenn. I still have it in my Pokemon Bank but I don't think I'll ever go back to try and finish it.

However I do have a complete regional living Pokedex in my White 2 since it's my favorite game and I wanted to have a full living Pokedex in my favorite game. It's not as impressive as a full national living Pokedex but it's still not easy to do since Black 2 and White 2 Unova Pokedex still has 300 Pokemon in it and I'm actually quite proud that I have it completed.

Sheep

she/her
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
31,050 posts
14.4 Years
Yeah I did try myself, albeit very briefly... I quickly realized how tedious it would be :( but now with bank/home it's easier to manage them, except I'm still too lazy. especially now with so many Pokémon haha.
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Roni

shen't
PH
Online now
Posted 1 Minute Ago
11,394 posts
7.9 Years
never even bothered. when i realized that all you get in most games for completing the dex is a piece of paper saying "congratulations" and some shoddy design, i noped right out lol.
Paired with Ash KetchupModerator of Meet & Greet
VPPAvatar
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy

colours

she/her
the dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,929 posts
15.9 Years
i haven't, and i have zero interest in doing so. heck it's only recently that i even bothered to want to complete the regional dexes for the shiny charm! kudos to those people who are dedicated enough to start + finish a living dex, though.
Paired with Xorn and Fairy