• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Advanced Pokédex

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
would the images that I want or need to download any that you uploaded or something?
You can use mine attached in this thread. in sampleresouces.zip, or make yourself.

11000matias

BlueMagic
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
Hi!
I have a question, this script works in Pokemon Essentials v17.2?
(Sorry for the bad english :))

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This script is awesome, and you're awesome for share it. Thank you.
There is only one thing i would change:
In my opinion, all that information makes the game less surprising. I mean, would it be possible to activate the "ADV" page only if a condition is met?
For example: You only would have access to the advanced information of a specie, if you would defeat certain number of PKMN of that specie. (Or any other condition that makes you feel rewarded).
I'm noob at scripting, i don't even know if this is possible, but it would be great that yes.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
This script is awesome, and you're awesome for share it. Thank you.
There is only one thing i would change:
In my opinion, all that information makes the game less surprising. I mean, would it be possible to activate the "ADV" page only if a condition is met?
For example: You only would have access to the advanced information of a specie, if you would defeat certain number of PKMN of that specie. (Or any other condition that makes you feel rewarded).
I'm noob at scripting, i don't even know if this is possible, but it would be great that yes.
There is a constat named 'SWITCH' on my script. If you put the value '70' on this constant (the default value), the script only works when switch 70 was ON.

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
I was looking for this, and your work is amazing, but I have a problem: I can't see the second page of "Level Moves". It repeats the first one and I can't see (for example) the move that Litwick learns in level 28 because it shows the moves until level 24. Is it a bug or what?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I was looking for this, and your work is amazing, but I have a problem: I can't see the second page of "Level Moves". It repeats the first one and I can't see (for example) the move that Litwick learns in level 28 because it shows the moves until level 24. Is it a bug or what?
Thanks for the report. Change line 'subPageMoves(@levelMovesArray,_INTL("LEVEL UP MOVES:"),@page-@infoPages)' into 'subPageMoves(@levelMovesArray,_INTL("LEVEL UP MOVES:"),@subPage-@infoPages)'. The first post was updated.

Last edited:

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Thanks for the report. Change line 'subPageMoves(@levelMovesArray,_INTL("LEVEL UP MOVES:"),@page-@infoPages)' into 'subPageMoves(@levelMovesArray,_INTL("LEVEL UP MOVES:"),@subPage-@infoPages)'. The first post was updated.

Thanks for fix it, but I think that I've found another bug. When I was checking your Pokédex, I noticed that it doesn't shows the second ability if a Pokémon has it. For example: Litwick has two "normal" abilities: Flash Fire and Flame Body, and only Flash Fire is there.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Thanks for fix it, but I think that I've found another bug. When I was checking your Pok?dex, I noticed that it doesn't shows the second ability if a Pok?mon has it. For example: Litwick has two "normal" abilities: Flash Fire and Flame Body, and only Flash Fire is there.
Thanks for the report. Change
Code:
ability1=dexdata.fgetb
ability2=dexdata.fgetb
Into
Code:
ability1=dexdata.fgetw
ability2=dexdata.fgetw

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
Hi, great script and i love the idea! I browse these forums quite often but this is my first time posting.
I have entered all your scripts and graphics as instructed and everything works except one thing. When i get to the ADV tab in the pokedex, i can only page backwards (ie: from page 1 to 11, 10, 9, etc.) and cant page forward (ie. page 1 to 2, 3, 4, etc.) any help would be greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Hi, great script and i love the idea! I browse these forums quite often but this is my first time posting.
I have entered all your scripts and graphics as instructed and everything works except one thing. When i get to the ADV tab in the pokedex, i can only page backwards (ie: from page 1 to 11, 10, 9, etc.) and cant page forward (ie. page 1 to 2, 3, 4, etc.) any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry! But you can tell me what version do you play?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
yes i am using essentials 17.2

Okay! You can't page forward because you don't change this code:
Code:
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT)
        oldpage = @page
        @page -= 1
        @page = 1 if @page<1

@page = 3 if @page>3  # this line

if @page!=oldpage
          pbPlayCursorSE
          dorefresh = true
        end

You must change into:
Code:
@page=@maxPage if @page>@maxPage

It's obvious in FL's script, this line:
Spoiler:

Reactions: FL

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years

I did the same problem. Just add in right place.

See:
Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::A)
        pbSEStop; pbPlayCrySpecies(@species,@form) if @page==1 #Advanced Pokedex
        if @page == 4
           @subPage-=1
           @subPage=@totalSubPages if @subPage<1
           displaySubPage
        end
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::B)
        pbPlayCancelSE
        break
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::C)
        if @page==2   # Area
#          dorefresh = true
        elsif @page==3   # Forms
          if @available.length>1
            pbPlayDecisionSE
            pbChooseForm
            dorefresh = true
          end
        end
        if @page == 4 #Advanced Pokedex
          @subPage+=1
          @subPage=1 if @subPage>@totalSubPages
          displaySubPage
        end

Hey FL, excuse me. I installed Lucidious89's egg group types (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356806)and i want to add the image below instead 'simple description' in your Advanced Pokedex.
Its possible?

Ty ty!

Attachments

• typesEgg.png
    typesEgg.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 34

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You don't follow the instructions correctly. I edited the script for making these instructions more clear.

Hey FL, excuse me. I installed Lucidious89's egg group types (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356806)and i want to add the image below instead 'simple description' in your Advanced Pokedex.
Its possible?

Ty ty!
Since the content is structured for only receive text, you need to do a bit more editing.

By the way, you can show the group on bottom area. To do this, after line 'return if !$Trainer.owned[@species]'. Add

Code:
    # Egg group image
    dexdata=pbOpenDexData
    pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,@species,31)
    compat10=dexdata.fgetb
    compat11=dexdata.fgetb
    pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,@species,18)
    noGender=dexdata.fgetb==255 && !isConst?(@species,PBSpecies,:DITTO)
    eggGroupbitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/typesEgg"))
    eggGroup0rect=Rect.new(0,700,64,28)
    eggGroup1rect=Rect.new(0,compat10*28,64,28)
    eggGroup2rect=Rect.new(0,compat11*28,64,28)
    overlay = @sprites["overlay"].bitmap
    groupX = (Graphics.width+16-288)/2
    if noGender && compat10!=0 || compat10==compat11
      overlay.blt(groupX,height-8,eggGroupbitmap.bitmap,
        noGender && compat10!=0 ? eggGroup0rect : eggGroup1rect)
    else
      overlay.blt(groupX,height-24,eggGroupbitmap.bitmap,eggGroup1rect)
      overlay.blt(groupX,height+8,eggGroupbitmap.bitmap,eggGroup2rect)
    end
    dexdata.close

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
You don't follow the instructions correctly. I edited the script for making these instructions more clear.

Since the content is structured for only receive text, you need to do a bit more editing.

By the way, you can show the group on bottom area. To do this, after line 'return if !$Trainer.owned[@species]'. Add

Code:
    # Egg group image
    dexdata=pbOpenDexData
    pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,@species,31)
    compat10=dexdata.fgetb
    compat11=dexdata.fgetb
    pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,@species,18)
    noGender=dexdata.fgetb==255 && !isConst?(@species,PBSpecies,:DITTO)
    eggGroupbitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/typesEgg"))
    eggGroup0rect=Rect.new(0,700,64,28)
    eggGroup1rect=Rect.new(0,compat10*28,64,28)
    eggGroup2rect=Rect.new(0,compat11*28,64,28)
    overlay = @sprites["overlay"].bitmap
    groupX = (Graphics.width+16-288)/2
    if noGender && compat10!=0 || compat10==compat11
      overlay.blt(groupX,height-8,eggGroupbitmap.bitmap,
        noGender && compat10!=0 ? eggGroup0rect : eggGroup1rect)
    else
      overlay.blt(groupX,height-24,eggGroupbitmap.bitmap,eggGroup1rect)
      overlay.blt(groupX,height+8,eggGroupbitmap.bitmap,eggGroup2rect)
    end
    dexdata.close

So beautiful! Thanks a lot FL! <3 I will just reposition and delete 'breed group' to showin adv pokedex.

Ty ty!!!

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 50
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen yesterday
Does this script makes the pokedex entry "two-page"? Because I want if the entry is too large, you can touch A or Z to continue reading the entry. Sorry for my bad English, I talk Spanish

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Does this script makes the pokedex entry "two-page"? Because I want if the entry is too large, you can touch A or Z to continue reading the entry. Sorry for my bad English, I talk Spanish
No, this script shows more data, like pok?mon moves learned by level. But, for showing more data, it uses its own page system.

Back