• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokemon named as the most mentioned video game on Twitter in 2017

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Well, this is pretty impressive, especially considering as it had a lot of competition from other popular games like Minecraft and Overwatch.

Years
Isn't that a little unfair? I mean it's comparing an entire franchise that has anime, multiple games, TCG, other stuff to single games that have nothing else.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Surprising! I wouldn't have expected it this year - 2016 is when all the Go hype was that made Pokémon explode in popular awareness.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Isn't that a little unfair? I mean it's comparing an entire franchise that has anime, multiple games, TCG, other stuff to single games that have nothing else.
That's true.

Perhaps a better comparison would've been to note that Pokemon made #1 while Mario and Zelda apparently did not even make top 10, despite being Nintendo's two other juggernauts that having their own major releases in 2017 (Super Mario Odyssey+MK8 Deluxe and LoZ: Breath of the Wild).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Not surprising to me is that Fate/Grand Order is 2nd on the list, which makes sense due to it finally coming out in the US last year and it still being such a big deal, along with the fact that Fate as a whole is a pretty popular franchise like Pokemon.

And yes, I'm only saying that because of this:

Cause that same statement would also go to F/GO as well, since it also is a part of a franchise with multiple games, anime, is a part of a popular crossover TCG and much more.

As for Minecraft and Overwatch being 6 and 9...not surprising. Minecraft is still popular, but it's not that popular, especially since a bunch of famous Minecraft Youtubers have been moving on from it these past few years. Overwatch was mostly only popular when it came out. Yeah, it was still pretty damn popular in 2017, but not at the same height that it was in 2016.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
From the post, it was implied that it was @pokemon that got mentioned the most - with the @. So, people just tagged @pokemon a lot. So something like LoZ or Mario, which lack official Twitter accounts separate from their @nintendo counterpart, would have been excluded.

I'm just happy Dragon Quest was on the list at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nah

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
I mean, it's like what, either the first or second biggest media franchise of all time (just behind Star Wars if it's the latter)? It's not really a shock it's gathered so much discussion.

Back