• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 2] NOW COMPLETE - Knost's Custom Hardlocke - GOLD

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
KNOST'S CUSTOM HARDLOCKE - GOLD

A New Thread for a New Generation!!
If you haven't read my last Challenge Log
PLEASE STOP reading now and check it out!!!
Don't read out of order!!

CLICK LINK HERE!!!

Now! If you have read my last Challenge Log then you know what to expect! I can't use ANY healing items ever!! I can ONLY use the Pokeballs I find or I'm given and cannot purchase any more! The latter being made especially difficult because to WIN this Challenge I not only have to beat the game, but I also have to catch all of the Legendaries!!!

Just like last time I'm going to be open about my thoughts and strategies as we go along as I feel that's ultimately why I'm playing this way, with these rules. For the Challenge of it all.

All of that said, TLDR...
I'm playing...
pokemon-heart-gold-version-20090814110257725_640w.jpg

Welcome to my Challenge Log!
I hope you enjoy!

All the rules are listed below. Every rule that differs from the standard Nuzlocke has been highlighted in GOLD.

RULES
1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be boxed.
2. I cannot use any healing items..
3. I cannot buy Pokeballs (I can only use what I find)
4. I must nickname all of my Pokemon.
5. A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
6. Battle type is SET.
7. I can catch whatever I want.
8. At the end of the game I must catch all of of the legendaries to win..
9. No Duplicate Captures.
10. I can use HM slaves for moving around, but if I use one in battle it is an automatic game over.
11. None of the Pokémon in my party should ever be a higher than the Ace Pokémon of the next gym before and when I ENTER said gym. If a Pokémon is in violation of this rule it will not listen to me until the gym is defeated..
12. The number of Pokémon I can have in my party and boxes combined (including the death box) at any time is determined by the number of Gym Badges I have obtained plus two. (For example I can only have three Pokémon in my party once I have obtained my first Gym badge)

I will be playing Pokemon HeartGold Version on a Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
"I look different today," I say, squishing my face as I look in the mirror.

"KNOST!!" I hear my Mom yell from down the stairs, "Are you finally awake? Your friend Lyra was here asking if you wanted to play or do something and...Oh! And Professor Elm was asking for you! I think he wants you to do him a favor!!"

"The Professor? Elm?" I say reaching for my belt. "Why would...maybe Professor Elm wants to give me a Pokémon?!" I stumble down the stairs as I continue my run heading towards the door.

"You know where the lab is, right?" I hear my Mom say as she packs things into a bag. "It's right next doo....hey don't forget your bag and your trainer card!!"

I take my bag, wave to my Mom and continue running out the door until...BAM..I run into a...blue Pikachu? That's odd. I stand up and run to the lab shoving its doors open.

"Hello!" A man in a vest says. "I've been waiting for you! I need you to do me a favor, but you need a Pokémon to get there! Go choose one from over there and walk around with it! See if it brings on any special feelings."

THE START
-Received CHOMPER the TOTODILE!!!
250px-158Totodile.png

Chomper is a biter. I had heard that this was common among Totodiles, but I had hoped for my ankles sake that Chomper would be the exception. He wasn't lol
NATURE - Brave
ABILITY - Torrent
MALE
LEVEL: 5
HP: 20
ATK: 13
DEF: 11
SP ATK: 9
SP DEF: 10
SPD: 9

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-The Locke starts right away so I'll need to be careful wild battling on my way to Professor Elm.

-Also, speaking of wild battling, the Level Cap is only 14!! and the Pokémon I'd like next for my team isn't really close to us so...I don't think I can grind for my Rival battle or any of the battles before the next Gym...scary.

-Natures add a new element of worry in this deal. I can't spam balls to catch the nature I want so I'm kinda stuck with what I catch :(

-That said, this is probably my favorite Pokémon game (even though Gen 1 is my favorite) so I'm super stocked to being playing this.

-I won't be doing story the whole time, just when I feel I need it for the story we're building :)

-Enjoy and comment if you feel so inclined!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
AN ANNOYING TASK AND A RUDE RIVAL

-Luckily, an old man gave me some running shoes. And a map. Now that I think about it that was a little odd...Oh well, I can run now!!

-I make my way to do this Favor for Elm. What a walk lol they can transfer massive Pokémon in an instant, but Bill can't figure out a way to move this EGG?...

-OAK!! I feel like I know this guy for some reason...He gave me a Pokedex! Says he has to return to his radio show...oh that's why!!

-Alright, now that I've wasted my time let's go see what this disaster is that Elm just called me about.

-My first Rival Battle!! I'm still unleveled because I didn't grind. I feel like that was a mistake...
We throw Leers and Growls back and forth because of course the first battle is all strats lol His Chicorita keeps winning speed ties so he also hits me with a couple tackles putting me at 14 health and him in the lead...crap...
Chomper hits Chicorita with a Crit Scratch and KO's it!!! NICE!!!
First Rival battle done!!

-This kid pushes me because I got the Hax Crit? Settle down man lol little does he know I swiped his Trainer card and saw his name was SILVER!!

-Now that I've needlessly walked the egg all the way to Elm I can get on my way. Thank you for hanging in there so far. Now things can get interesting lolol

Next: Chomper gets a friend!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-I think the Pokémon I want next is a Mareep. I'll have to wait a bit to catch it, but as far as Team building and strategy, it will cover Chomper's weakness and help tremendously in he next two Gyms.

-I'm worried about all the Bug trainers coming up and my not having any healing items. Couple that with a low total HP and I need to be cautious early on.

A NEW FRIEND!

-Lyra gave me some Pokeballs!!

-Made it to route 32!! Let's catch a Mareep!! Chomper was Paralyzed, but...

-We caught WATTSON the MAREEP!!! One Pokeball!!!
179.png

Wattson is hilariously fiesty for such an adorable looking Pokémon often zapping you if you don't give him your full attention. Chomper is terrified of him as Wattson keeps paralyzing him.
NATURE - QUIET
ABILITY - STATIC
Male
LEVEL: 6
HP: 23
ATK: 11
DEF: 10
SP ATK: 14
SP DEF: 13
SPD: 8

-Wattson jumps right into the action and clears Sprout Tower by himself, because Chomper hates Grass.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Decision time. The Level Cap after the Violet City Gym is 17. We have one Gym, Slowpoke Well and a ton of trainers between our team and then, so I think I need to run into the Gym underleveled and trust that Wattson can handle his business. Scary thing to do so early in a Nuzlocke, but probably our smartest choice.

-I taught Wattson Flash just in case we need it. It was huge in my last Playthrough and we're getting it a lot earlier this time.

VIOLET CITY GYM

-We come into the Gym with Wattson at level 13 and CHOMPER at level 9.

-Wattson defeats the trainers before Falkner no problem. (Those trainers are wayy too into their Birds)

-WHOA! Flankers Ace is only level 13!!! Thank Arceus I didn't grind Wattson up another level or I would've had to restart the Locke!

-Wattson handles Falkners team. Faulkner whines about my fainting his Dads Pokegen'd Pidgeotto. Cheaters never prosper Falkner lol

WE BEAT VIOLET CITY GYM!!!
GOT THE ZEPHER BADGE!!!!

-WATTSON evolved into a FLAFFY!!
250px-180Flaaffy.png

You would think that losing all of your hair and walking around completely naked would make you a little self conscious. That's what you would think. Unfortunately for everyone with eyes however, Wattson seems unfazed by his perma birthday suit. Do they make pants for Pokémon?
NATURE - QUIET
ABILITY - STATIC
Male
LEVEL: 15
HP: 47
ATK: 25
DEF: 23
SP ATK: 36
SP DEF: 24
SPD: 19

Team Update
Spoiler:

Next: Slowpoke tails needed

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Made it through Union Cave without issues, but both Chomper and Wattson are at Level 15 and we still need to go through Slowpoke Well and stay under the Level Cap of 17.

-If it looks like we can't then I'll have to catch another team member, but I'd rather not waste the Pokeball just yet if we don't need it.

SLOWPOKE WELL

-Team Rocket is trash. Came out with both Chomper and Wattson at Level 16.

AZALEA TOWN GYM

-I was tempted to go back and get some exp we left behind to reach the level 17, but we enter the Gym underleveled to make room for what's to come.

-Bring on Bugsy!!!

-Wattson tore up the Gym again until it met a Paras. Going back and forth with Thundershocks and Scratches it seemed like Wattson had it in the bag until the opposing Paras used Poison Powder. With only 17 hp remaining I swapped in Chomper who landed the final blow.

-I made it to the PokeCenter with Wattson's hp at 6 hp...I almost lost him.

-Time to battle Bugsy. Hopefully we don't get poisoned again. (This fights ended locke's for me before so I'm a little worried)

-Whelp that was a lot of worry for nothing. Wattson crit the Syther I was stressing about after the Syther crit Wattson with a U-Turn on the first turn.

Down goes Bugsy!!!
You should have borrowed a Bird from Falkners dad!
WE RECEIVED THE HIVE BADGE!!!

-I was excited to be moving on and then I remembered that my Rival has a beast of a Pokémon with Poison...this will be the true test.

SILVER

-I lead with Chomper who downs the Gastly in one hit. Silver then sends out
Bayleef. I've fought this thing before so I knew we were in for some bull crap. I swap out to Wattson who luckily avoids a poison powder. Wattson then Paralyzes the Bayleef and the Bayleef poisons Wattson. I instruct Wattson to use Flash to take down the Bayleefs accuracy which works, but not without costing itself Hp. After some exchanges, some luckily misses and a Thundershock that only takes 5% health from the Bayleef, I realize that this victory and Jounrney would hinge on Chomper. I swap him in with Wattson's health down to 8 hp and losing 7hp a turn to Poison damage to save us. And he does. Chomper flinches the Bayleef all the way down. Until Bayleef uses Razor Leaf. Chomper survives on 2hp and crit KO's the Bayleef.

_-At this point I honestly truly thought we had survived. Until Silver sent out Zubat. If I swap in Wattson he takes damage and dies to poison. If I stay in Chomper dies.

-Chomper stays in. Chomper dies to Leech Life. Wattson swaps in and kills the Zubat with Thundershock.

-I make it to the PokeCenter with Wattson stuggling to hold on with 2 hp. Wattson survives.

-I hate that we just lost Chomper. Sorry, I made a mistake not leveling you more....this ones on me.

Spoiler:

Team update
Spoiler:

Next: So what's next?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
I keep having this dream. I'm on top of the world, I lose a Pokémon, it's cold and then I sleep. When I wake up I'm a different person. And that's fine with me. I need to be different.
I killed Chomper by getting too greedy and being too over confident. I was making moves based on what's ahead of me and not what's right now. We will be better for this. But the loss still stings.

-KNOST

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-We are in a bad spot. Whitney's Ace is only level 19 and Wattson is already level 19 with only 34 EXP NEEDED TO GET TO LEVEL 20!!! Which would make him ineligible...so I need some new Team members and I need to avoid battling ANY more trainers. Luckily the new plan is to add 3 new Pokémon to our team today. WISH ME LUCK!!!

-WHELP...I'm in a pickle...I think I'll trek back to route 31, grab the fishing Rod and get a Poliwhirl...not my first choice, but it will do.

NINJA CATCHING

1 changed mind + 1 thunder wave + 1 flash + 1 tackles = 3 Shakes and a click!!

-Caught CRUELLA the TENTACOOL!!!
250px-072Tentacool.png

You know those times that your whole strategy falls apart because your starter faints, so you trek back through the woods to grab an Old Rod and then realize that the only thing you can catch with it is a Tentacool? No? That's just me? Well, I have a Tentacool now. She likes to lay on my head. It's weird.
NATURE: TIMID
ABILITY: CLEAR BODY
Female
LEVEL: 10
HP: 30
ATK: 13
DEF: 13
SP ATK: 17
SP DEF: 25
SPD: 23

-Aaaannd I didn't know this only knew Poison Sting for damage....crap.

-Guess we will have to settle for catching ONE team member today lol Cruella going to take forever to Level up...pray for me.

Next: GRINDING IS LIFE

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
JELLYFISH BLUES

-Hard battles vs Nidoran male and female, poliwag, and a close call vs Rattata.

-Realized Hoppip are worry free training partners here. Luckily they're rare in this area.

-Finally got to Level 12 and learned Acid. Cruella is less worthless now lol

-This has been the most difficult training I've ever done with any Pokémon...

-I bought Blizzard for Cruella to help her out a bit.

-Blizzard help Cruella take down a trio of Diglett. Which frees me up to catch the other two members of my team!!!!

-Had to overcome a very deadly Venonat lol Confusion almost killed Cruella but a crit Blizzard ended the Venonat and let us continue on our way.

LETS CATCH ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER!!

-I finally find a Growlithe and it Roars me away. I decided to throw the fast ball we had made for us at the next one and we get three shakes, but to breaks out. Waste of a really valuable ball will hurt later I think...dumb move by me.
A crit Acid takes the Growlithe down to 15% Hp. I throw a Great ball...AND THIS TIME IT STICKS!!

-Introducing BALBOA the GROWLITHE!!!!
250px-058Growlithe.png

There's a reason that Growlithe are the preferred Pokémon for the police in Johto and Balboa is the perfect example why. Viciously loyal from the moment I catch him, he can switch from a docile companion to an Intimidating force at the drop of a hat. And he likes to eat shoes.
NATURE: BOLD
ABILITY: INTIMIDATE
Male
LEVEL: 13
HP: 38
ATK: 21
DEF: 22
SP ATK: 23
SP DEF: 19
SPD: 23

-Bold isn't my first choice, but I'll take the new team member and more type coverage.

Next: A contested catch!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Wasn't sure how to handle Safari Zones and things like it in Red Version, but I think it would be best just to limit myself to only catch one Pokémon here rather than skip it entirely.

-The Bug Catching Contest in National Park gives you Pokeballs for free so Im within the rules to participate as if this was a Safari Zone.

IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU MEDDLING KIDS

I had a plan. I was going to catch a Paras. It would have completed my Fire, Water, Grass core and given me a Rock resistance against Whitney's Miltank. But when I came across a Scyther being abused by a group of kids...I just...reacted.

I let Wattson and Balboa loose to scare off the group of boys which works thanks to Balboa's intimidation (Wattson failed miserably to scare anyone due to his being mostly nude and having a fluffy cotton mullet). As his attackers flee the Scyther slumps to the ground Exhausted.
I turn to leave, but hear the Scyther buzz for my attention and then approach me. As it nears slowly it bows its head. I lift my arm to reach out, but as I move my hand I see it flinch and pull back. "They really did a number in you huh?" I say gently laying my hand on his arm. The Scyther relaxes. I see it's scars. This wasn't the first time it had been abused.
I think for a minute, look over to the group of boys, and take an empty Pokeball from my belt. "You want to come with me?" I say lifting the Pokeball up. The Scyther buzzes and uses its claw to push the button...OF AN EMPTY GREATBALL on my BELT!!!! Why the great ball man!!!!!...ugh...oh well. You're not a grass type, but I've heard Scythers are Powerful.

-Welcome to the team RONIN the SCYTHER!!!! (in a greatball -__- )
7b29cb26ce5f57adb3e2889a0b10ac7f.jpg

A victim of constant bullying Scyther has its scars both physically and mentally. He doesn't like to be touched, but prefers that I be close by. A slightly damaged wing makes a distinct sound as Ronin floats, always nearby.
NATURE: Adamant
ABILITY: Technician
Male
LEVEL: 14
(I forgot to write down the stats!! Sorry! Lol)

-We lost the Bug Catching Contest to a Venonat....

CLOSE CALLS

-After running ALL the way back to the PokeCenter to heal everyone up, we head back to the National Park to prepare for Whitney.

-We fight a lady with a Granbull and Balboa survives on two after a critical hit!!!! What is it with this freaking place man. Jeez. So murdery.

-We battle with a trainer who uses an Oddish and a Cubone. Balboa gets poisoned and Ronin survives on 1 hp...I swear to Arceus, it will be a miracle if we complete this journey.
-With Balboa poisoned I know he'll faint if I try to run straight to the PokeCenter so I take advantage of a computer I find in the Building outside the National Park and place Balboa in there. I rush straight to the PokeCenter and heal him up. Quick thinking saved him. Thank goodness for that building.

-Now that the Drama has died down let's get our grind on. Screw the National Park. I don't need anymore deaths on the journey.

-After leaving a pile of dead Drowzee and Rats on the side of the road WE'RE ready!!! IM AM SO SCARED OF MILTANK!!!

-We walk in with all four team members, Wattson, Ronin, Cruella and Balboa, at Level 19...here we go.

Next: ROLLOUT!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
GOLDENROD CITY GYM

-I'm leading with Wattson for every battle in this Gym because I need his Level up to face off with Whitney's Miltank. It's been a long time since I've used Wattson in a battle.

-Wattson sweeps up every trainer in the building except one. Bring on Whitney!

MEDIUM OR WELLDONE?

-I know I said I'd lead with Wattson, but now that Ronin knows U-Turn, I decide to use him to put pressure on.
-Ronin misses a Pursuit against a Clefairy but dodges a Metronome Focus Blast.
-Pursuit hits and faints Clefairy.
-Miltank swaps in and Ronin uses a U-Turn to return bringing Miltank down to 75% hp.
Wattson shifts in to a CRIT Rollout.
Wattson uses Flash, but Miltank still hits with Rollout and Wattson falls to 18 hp.
-I know Rollout can end our entire team so I keep Wattson in and he uses Flash....Miltank misses Rollout.
-Swap to Balboa. Miltank misses an attract. Miltank misses a stomp (Miltanks faster). Balboa hits a First blast, Miltank down to 25% HP.
-Miltank hits an attract, but Balboa thinks Miltank is hideous despite its deceptive ways and hits a FIRE BLAST!!!

-THE MILTANK GOES DOWN!!!

-I CANT BELIEVE IT!! WE SURVIVE INTACT!!!!!
WE RECEIVE THE PLAIN BADGE!!!
(terrible name)

-A woman from the flower shop gives me a water bottle and tells me that it will defeat the Pokémon blocking my path to the next route.

-All the water bottle does is Anger the Rock Bush, now I'm in a battle. Thanks lady.

-We defeat the Angry Rock Bush with no help from CRUELLA who almost dies and make our way to the next town. I swear Cruella..ugh.

-After defending a Dancer from some Team Rocket creep, Im told I should head over to the burned tower.

SILVER

-MY RIVALS HERE!!! UGH!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
-Last time we battled he killed my friend, Chomper. Wattson's out for revenge so he leads.
Two Thundershocks downs Silvers Gastly. Silver swaps in Magnimite so I swap in Balboa who misses his first Fire Blast, but dodges a Supersonic. Second Fire Blast hits downing the Magnimite. Bayleef comes out. Wattson wants in, but I stick with Balboa who misses a Fire Blast. Bayleef poisons Balboa as he misses another Fire Blast.
-This can't be happening again.
-Balboa misses again and takes a Razor Leaf bring his HP down to 24 hp after poison. I swap in Wattson who dodges a poison powder and stares down the Bayleef as it hits with a Thunder wave. Bayleef uses Synthesis to full health. Flash. Magic leaf. Flash. Missed poison powder. Flash. Missed poison powder. Flash. Bayleef is paralyzed and can't move. Switch to Ronin who uses pursuit. Bayleef is fully paralyzed. Ronin's U-Turn faints Silvers Bayleef. I swap Wattson in to get his revenge and he fries Zubat and KO's it with Thundershock!

-Screw you Silver!!!
-R.I.P. CHOMPER

-Balboa makes it to the PokeCenter with only 5HP left...but he makes it. Still alive.

-Taught Cruella Surf! Cruella evolved into useful!

*I'll add a team update soon*

Next: "WHO YA GONNA CALL?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
GHOST BUSTERS!!

-I know Ronin can sweep this Gym up with pursuit, but I want a challenge so I'll let Balboa and Cruella take on all of the trainers before Morty.

-Balboa and Cruella take care of business without much issue. Balboa almost went down to a Curse, Night Shade and Confusion Combo, but he broke through and lived in.

-BRING ON MORTY!!!

-Ronin ain't scared of no Ghosts. He destroys Morty and shames his family. All of the old ladies leave his Gym and move to Florida after hiring a lawyer citing unsafe work conditions including narrow walkways, poor lighting and smoke inhalation.

WE BEAT THE GYM!!
THE FOG BADGE IS OURS!!

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Level Cap jumps to 31 time to take a swim.

-I think Wattson will take down the majority of these swimmers to soak up some EXP before the next Gym.

TREACHEROUS WATERS

-While grinding Levels...Wattson dies to a crit Bubble Beam from a Tentacruel. It's speed was becoming an issue, but I thought he could make it....im truly at a loss. This leaves a hole, a weakness, in our team that I'm not positive we can recover from. RIP WATTSON. You kept us going through some hard times.

Spoiler:

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-We need to catch another team member now or this is going to be a long journey. Unfortunately there aren't a ton of good options around us at the moment.

I make my way into the PokeCenter ready to send my dead Flaffy, Wattson, to the Poke graveyard, when I overhear a man speaking of a Monster just outside of Euitick City.

Apparently it's so powerful multiple trainers have died trying to catch it. As I deposit Wattson my mourning turns to Rage. I won't let Wattson die for nothing. I will complete my journey and that "Monster" may be the kind of Power we need to keep going.
I ask the man where this Monster can be found. He replies...

"The Lake of Rage"

-A change in course for a potentially journey defining move.

-Here I am in the Lake of Rage face to face with the Blood red Monster called GYARADOS. I lead with Balboa to get off an intimidate and lower its Attack. It counters its stat change with a Leer, so I swap out to Cruella who throws up a Barrier.
-Ronin takes Cruella's place and hits it with a Pursuit taking the Gyarados down to 10% Hp. I throw a Pokeball. Three shakes...it escapes with an angry howl.
-I swap back to Balboa for another Intimidate drop sensing this could take a while. Two Balboa Embers bring the Gyarados down to 5% HP, but the Gyarados hits back with a Nasty Dragon Rage bringing Balboa down to 18 Hp.
Seeing his health drop I call back Balboa and switch to Ronin who uses multiple Roosts to keep us alive as we throw balls...
-First Pokeball. Two shakes and escape.
-Second Pokeball. One shake and escape.
-Now a Greatball. Two shakes and escape.
-Our last Pokeball. Two shakes and escape.
-This is it. Our last ball is an Ultraball...THREE SHAKES AND A CLICK!!!

WE CAUGHT IT!!!!

-Introducing TRITION the GYARADOS!!!!
gs-hg-ss.png

He is regarded as a Monster that most in the area agree should be "Put Down", but Triton simply has moments where the frustration and stress of being forced to evolve boils over and he loses control. I initially worried how he would react to being caught after having being hunted for so long, by so many different trainers, but around my team and I, he is a gentle giant.
NATURE: GENTLE
ABILITY: INTIMIDATE
LEVEL: 30
(I didn't get the stats again!! Forgive me)

Some uneventful grinding later

-CRUELLA evolves into TENTACRUEL!!!
250px-073Tentacruel.png

My beautiful girl. You proved me wrong. When I first caught Cruella I only thought she was a means to an end, but she has truly carried us through some very difficult situations. To celebrate her evolution I'll go to the Pokemart and buy her some Pokedolls as they're her favorite (she's such a girly, girl). She also loves bows. Maybe someday I'll find her a place where she can compete in a fashion contest. And although she's much bigger now, she still likes to lean on me...but I don't mind much anymore.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-We wasted a TON of Pokeballs, but if we don't beat the ELITE FOUR and THE CHAMPION it won't matter if we have balls to catch the Legendaries or not.

Spoiler:

Team Update:
Spoiler:

Next: FIGHTING FOR A BADGE!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
CINAWOOD CITY GYM

-Ronin used Wing Attack.

WE BEAT THE GYM!!
Take that Chuck!!
OBTAINED THE STORM BADGE!!!!

EUSINE IS A STALKER

-I lead with Balboa, but after seeing Eusine's Drowzee, I immediately call him back and send out Ronin who KOs Drowzee with Pursuit. Eusine then sends out Electrode. I have a massive Electric weakness so I need to be careful. I use U-Turn hoping Ronin outspeeds...AND HE DOESNT!!! ELECTRODE USES THUNDER!!!!....HE MISSES!!!! Thank. You. Arceus!!!! WOW!!! U-TURN KO's Electrode as I swap to Balboa!! Balboa KO's Haunter with two Bites!

-I almost lost Ronin...that would have been...I honestly don't know if I could have continued....but we come out from this God forsaken island whole.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Well...we're in a pickle...I need to take out TWO gyms worth of Trainers and Lance wants me to help him investigate Team Rocket in some shack...all while staying under 34 or 35 for the next two Level Caps...not gonna happen lol

-Time to take a Risk!! I'll only use Balboa and Cruella vs Jasmine meaning I can get them both to 35.

-Triton and Ronin will then be left at Level 34 to take on Pryce....pray for me.

TEAM ROCKETS IN THE SHED

-Nothing to see here. Balboa and Cruella cleaned up the place breaking Team Rocket CosPlayer's faces, but not a sweat.

PETREL

-What a creepy guy. When I found him he was prancing around wearing Giovanni's old clothes and talking about his Rock type. Weirdo.

-Cruella misses a BLIZZARD and gets confused by the most worthless of bats, so I swap in Triton who shows Cruella how it's done with a quick one hit KO Bite Ozzy Ozbourne style. Triton inhales a ton of Koffing smoke and starts having an Asthma attack so I swap back in Cruella who Surfs right over the Koffing. A terrifying Raticate comes out, but Cruella stays in eats a Hyper Fang and KO's Templeton with a couple Water Pulses and....that was it? We beat Petrel?

-How anti-climactic.... oh well, no I can leave I guess.

EXECUTIVE ADRIANA

-Oooor not...Lance ropes me into a Double Battle...yay...

-I don't like seeing a Drowzee opposite so I swap out Cruella for Ronin who gets Paralyzed right away. Ronin uses U-Turn to get out of there and Cruella comes back in. Cruella KO's two Pokémon with a surf and then gives way to Balboa to take out a Gloom. We win.

-Notice I didn't mention anything about Lance in this double battle. Because he didn't do anything. He was worthless. Get it together Lance!!

-You know what I want to do less than disarm these living bombs called Electrodes? Nothing. I would rather be doing anything else.

-We survived. Whew. Now to train a bit for the next Gym.

Next: This is the thanks I get?!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
OLIVINE CITY GYM

WOW! YOU SAVED MY POKÉMON! THANK YOU!!! LETS BATTLE!!

-Going into Olivine Gym with Balboa and Cruella at 34 and not 35 to hopefully keep ourselves eligible for Pryce's Gym.

GYM LEADER - JASMINE!!

-Balboa used Flamethrower to KO Magnimite.
-Jasmine sends out Steelix. Balboa swaps out for Cruella who takes a weak Iron Tail.
-Cruella used two Surfs to KO Jasmine's Ace Steelix.
-Swap back to BALBOA to take on Jasmine's last Pokémon Magnimite.
-Balboa gets paralyzed.
-Balboa KO's Magnimite with Flamethrower!

That was WAY too easy!!!
WE OBTAINED THE MINERAL BADGE!!!!

-Now off to MAHOGANY TOWN GYM!!!

MAHOGANY TOWN GYM

-TRITON lvl 35, RONIN lvl 35, CRUELLA lvl 34, and BALBOA lvl 34 are all eligible.

-Triton leads.

-So here's the thing. Apparently the Mahogany Gym trainers had been talking crap about Triton for months before I showed up. They were saying things like, "You look like a giant used lady product" and "Your mama's so fat she was a Gyaracinco." So what happened when Triton was given the chance to get a little revenge? Let just say it was thrilling to watch, but it's not as exciting now to read about. Sorry guys lol

PRYCE

-This annoying old man used 3 HYPER POTIONS!!!! WHAT?! Triton could have easily won a FAIR 1 vs 1 with that cheating son of a female Granbull, but using a Rest + Sleep Talk strategy with Hyper Potions on a Level 35 Dewgong?!?!?! Bull.

-Luckily Cruella was getting hangry so I swapped her in and she Crit Water Pulsed the drugged up Dewgong till it fainted.

You suck Pryce.
WE OBTAINED THE GLACIER BADGE!!!!

Next: Team Rocket Daddy Issues

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
TEAM ROCKET KILLED THE RADIO STAR

-Elm makes me aware of some strange goings on in Golden Rod so I head over thinking Lance and I's vigilante justice in Mahogany might have been to blame.

-I get mistaken for a new Rocket recruit and go with it, because free clothes. I realize the opportunity this new look affords me so I head off to the Radio tower to spy it up.

-Unfortunately, Silver ruins my guise in an unsurprising fit of douche baggery. Looks like I'll have to fight my way through. Thanks Silver. Don't try to help or anything.

-Balboa dies to a crit Charge Beam from a Porygon 2 after missing a Fire Blast...no mistakes were made this time. Nothing to learn. Just an unlucky, needless death. The only thing I know better now is that this world is an unfair place. R.I.P. BALBOA. You were a good boy.
Spoiler:

-Cruella takes Balboa's death especially hard. They joined the team around the same time.

PETREL

-Found Petrel again wearing another man's clothes...

-Cruella insists on leading. She sinks Petrel's entire team

SILVER

-NOOO!! I forgot about SILVER!!! This could be it...

-Cruella hits the very, very clutch Blizzard taking down Crobat.
-CRUELLA TAKES DOWN SILVERS MAGNIMITE WITH A CRIT SURF!!!
-Meganium comes in so I call back Cruella and swap in Ronin!!! RONIN TAKES DOWN MEGANIUM WITH ONE WING ATTACK!!!
-Sneasel comes out so I send out Triton. Triton uses 3 Dragon Rages to down it.
-Silver switches in Gengar so I call back Triton and send in Ronin.
-Ronin takes damage from a Curse, but retaliates back with a Crit WING ATTACK!!!

We take down SILVER!!!!

-Silver whines about love and something...I don't know I stopped playing attention.

-We need to get past Team Rocket and catch another Teammate. Which means another wasted ball...I don't think we're winning this one.

PROTON

-I get the key card from the Old man and head up to end this take over.

-Proton stops me, but Cruella Surfs his entire team.

ARIANA

-She didn't have a bad team. Good for her, but we win.

ARCHER

-This guy thinks he's going to win Giovanni back with a grand gesture. Too bad for him Cruella's sad and looking to exercise some demons in this fight.

-Cruella sweeps the first fight and then gives way to Ronin, who KOs Archer's final Pokémon with Flare.

-Archer promises to disband his Team Rocket tribute band and the. DISAPPEARS INTO THIN AIR!!!!

We defeat the Fake Team Rocket!!

Next: Trial by Fire

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
METAL COATED TERROR

RONIN hit level 40 and evolved into SCIZOR!!!
250px-212Scizor.png

I watch as the Metal Coat fuses to Ronin's body enveloping him in a smooth shiny red exoskeleton. All his scars suddenly smoothed over and polished. I can look in his eyes and still see the abuse, but it's outer evidence, thankfully, is no more. He's so much more free now and though still very quiet and serious, sometimes, if you look really close, you can even catch him smile.
NATURE - ADAMANT
ABILITY - TECHNICIAN
Male
LEVEL: 40
HP: 111
ATK: 147
DEF: 94
SP ATK: 47
SP DEF: 75
SPD: 70

BLACKTHORN GYM

-Triton, Ronin and Cruella are all Eligible for the Gym. This is a scary one. Wish me luck!

-Made it through all the trainers in one Piece. Triton was a hero here with Bite. Here we go.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-I don't think we have the coverage necessary to legitimately Challenge this Gym without being a little strategic and using Ronin's Roost to our advantage.
-Taught Ronin Swagger.
-Taught Cruella Attract and Hail.
-I really hope we don't lose anybody.

CLAIRE

-I lead with Ronin against Claire's Gyarados to get the needed Hax strategy we've implemented started early. I notice the Gyarados wants to use Dragon Rage exclusively so this should work well. Ronin counters the Gyarados' Dragon Rages with Roosts until the Gyarados finally loses his mind and KOs itself in Confusion as Ronin Roosts back to full.
-Next up Claire sends Dragonair so I switch in Cruella who takes Fireblast without issue. Cruella sets up Hail and is hit by Thunder Wave which paralyzes her. The Dragonair, who is now faster, hits Cruella with a Dragon Pulse, but Cruella counters back with a Blizzard KO.
-The same happens to the next Dragonair which falls to Cruella's Blizzard after Hail damage.
-Down 3 Pokémon to 1, Claire sends out her Ace Kingdra. I swap to Ronin who easily takes a Dragon pulse. Smoke screen from the Kingdra. Swagger from Ronin. Smoke screen. Roost. Hydro pump. Swagger. The Kingdra Hits itself. Roost. Kingdra Hits itself again and eats it's Berry. Roost. Hydro pump. Roost. Hydro pump. Swagger. I switch to Triton as Ronin starts to lose the exchanges. Claire seizes the opportunity and uses a Hyper potion on Kingdra. Triton uses Bite and is hit by a Dragon pulse. Bite. Kingdra uses Hyper Beam....CRIT. Triton dies. Ronin comes in as the Kingdra Recharges for another Hyper Beam. Ronin KOs the Kingdra with a Wing Attack.

-We win the battle, but no one celebrates. Triton is gone. R.I.P.
Spoiler:

WE RECEIVED THE RISING BADGE.

-That's all 8 badges. It's been a very rough Journey so far. With only two Pokémon left and now four deaths suffered the future looks bleak.

-As we leave the gym we are informed that after heading home we should stop by the Ecruteak Dance Hall. Someone wants to see us.

KIMONO GIRLS

-A group of women we helped along the wag ask to test us once more. They are said to use all the Eeveelutions.

-Ronin uses X-Scissor. Cruella uses Surf.

-We win and we are told to go to Bell Tower. It's time to face the Legendary...

HO-OH

-I'd love not to use this Legendary, but with just two team members remaining and limited Pokeballs we need to be smart about things from here on.

-We Masterball the HO-OH as it acknowledges our journey thus far. We Nickname the Ho-Oh....

FAWKES
250px-250Ho-Oh.png

When I first meet Fawkes I'm mesmerized by his golden feathers and how they seem to rain Embers as he flaps his wings. I'm mesmerized at the grace in which he moves, and probably most unexpected of all, I'm stunned by his wisdom. It's as if he knows me in an instant, nodding in acknowledging of my journey thus far, agreeing to join our team and help us compete our journey.
NATURE - JOLLY
ABILITY - PRESSURE
LEVEL: 40
HP: 111
ATK: 147
DEF: 94
SP ATK: 47
SP DEF: 75
SPD: 70

Next: Victory Road?
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
THE PRICE OF VICTORY

It's hard to believe we've made it this far. I would say that excited that we've accomplished what we have, but that would be a lie. As I stand here, Ronin by my side, Cruella and our new teammate Fawkes tucked away in their Pokeballs, I can't help but question if we should go on? Is it worth the price that has been paid? The loss we might still incur?

As if reading my mind Ronin nods at me and gives me a hearty Buzz. He's right...if we give up now than it was all pointless. We owe it to Chomper, Wattson, and Balboa to see our Journey through to the end.

And with that thought, we take our first step into Victory Road.

VICTORY ROAD

-No issues making it through. I thought we were in the clear until Silver showed up. At this point I know his team well so hopefully we have no issues taking him down. We can't survive anymore losses.

SILVER

-Silver leads with Weavile so I send out Cruella who quickly KOs it's opponent with two Surfs. Global comes out next so I call back Golbat and send out Fawkes.
Fawkes goes on to sweep the rest of Silvers team without issue.

-We've made it through Victory Road unscathed. Time for the...

ELITE FOUR

-Knowing the Elite 4's typing before hand made to easy to set up winning matchups.

-Ronin easily swept the first and fourth trainers.

-Fawkes handled the other two.

-We've known all along that Lance was the real test. Ever since we fought with him in Mahogany we've understood that he was the goal.

POKÉMON CHAMPION JOHTO - LANCE

-Gyarados vs Ronin to start. They trade Waterfalls and Night Slashes until...RONIN CRITs the GYARADOS and KOs it!
-Charizard comes out for Lance so I counter with my own Fire type and switch in Fawkes who brushes off a Fire Fang. Fawkes uses Fly. Red uses Air Slash. A second Fly hits. KO. Charizard faints.
-Lance sends out Aerodactyl. He's smart. He knows he has me in a no win situation. Without instruction Fawkes uses Fly. I try to call him back, but he continues. Fly hits. Aerodactyle uses a ROCK SLIDE. Fawkes dies.
-I send out Cruella looking for blood. Cruella intelligently sets up hail. Thunder Fang hit Cruella who drops to 60 HP. Surf KOs AERODACTYLE. Blizzard KO the first Dragonite. Blizzard KO The second Dragonite. BLIZZARD KOs the FINAL DRAGONITE!!!!

WE WIN!!!!!! WE WIN!!!!!! WE WIN!!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?! HAHAHA!!!!!!!

WE ARE POKÉMON CHAMPIONS OF JOHTO!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

The celebration fades as I look down and Golden feathers bring me back to reality....Fawkes.....I follow the trail of feathers stepping slowly and stopping in front of Fawkes who lays still on the floor. I bend down and unclip the Masterball from my belt. I push the button and Fawkes turns into a bright red energy as it's sucked back in. "We didn't know each other long, but you were amazing. You sacrificed yourself for us. We couldn't have done this without you." I say standing and clipping the Masterball again to my belt.

"....Whew." Lance says putting his arm around me obviously uncomfortable with the situation. "You...have become truly powerful Knost. Your Pokémon have responded to your strong and upstanding nature." He grabs my shoulders and turns me to face him. The emotion in my face causes him to pause and measure his words. "As a Trainer, you will continue to grow with your Pokémon. That Legendary bird fought for you and gave you everything it had. It chose to do that for you."

"It's true." I hear another voice interject. "Your Pokémon, including that Legendary, were stronger because they believed in you as a trainer. I believe that's why Ho-oh came to the Bell Tower." I look behind me to see Professor Oak walking up. "Not because you had a feather and some women danced, but because it wanted to find a trainer that it could bond and grow with. You gave that to Ho-oh...." He says looking down at the Masterball and back to me. "I know it's hard to hear this right now, but you've done well. Congratulations Knost."

"Knost." Lance speaks up shifting my attention. "Could you come with me?"

We walk down a long hallway with Golden Floors so immaculately polished you could make out every detail in its reflections.

"It's been a long time since I came here last." Lance says the empty halls echoing his sentiment as he stops in front of a large Crimson stage. "This is where we commemorate the League Champions and their Pokémon for Eternity. Knost, allow me to register you and your Partners as Champions."

I walk up the stage and place my Pokeballs on the stand. First Ronin. My closest friend on this journey. You carried us throughout Johto and the Majority of the Elite 4. You are a true champion. Next, Cruella, who surprised me with her determination and grit in spite of her rough start. You carried us through that last battle. I'm proud of you. And finally, Fawkes. You didn't have to listen to me. You chose to fight with me. Thank you...and goodbye.

Next: The Final Eight

Team Update:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
After returning home we receive a SS ANNE ticket from Elm we head off to Olivine.

MASSIVE UPDATE - KANTO

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Boarding SS AnneI have somethings to contemplate. I know I need to search out more Pokeballs if we are going to catch the Legendaries native to Johto and I'm pretty sure I need to add another Pokémon to the team. Maybe something with Electric resistance/immunity?

SS ANNE

-SS Anne for the most part is harmless. It's extremely helpful that everyone on board dresses in a way that gives away what type Pokémon they use so battling is worry free for the most part.

-Some old man on board lost his Granddaughter, told me about it and then went back to his room to take a nap. What a jerk.

-The old man gave me a Metal Coat for finding his Granddaughter. I already found one for Ronin battling wild Magnimite so I'll just sell it off.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-I'm going to forgo the Level Cap rule in Kanto as it doesn't work like the normal level progression would work.

-Things will go pretty quickly now that we aren't worrying about levels.

VERMILLION CITY

-We arrive in Vermillion City. I can't help but feeling that this place feels...familiar.

-Vermillion City is home to Lt Surge who, as his name suggests, uses electric type Pokémon. I'm going to skip this Gym for now. Maybe we can find a Pokémon to help us take Surge down.

SAFFRON CITY

-Ronin will do well here. Let's get some Levels up here while we can.

-Ronin hits level 53 and learns Iron Head. I get rid of Swagger.

-Ronin sweeps the Gym with ease.

CELADON CITY

-Ronin sweeps this Gym as well. He's on a roll.

-The trainers here are all exceptionally strong. I'll need to be careful as I make my way through.

LAVENDER TOWN

-On my way through to Lavender town I meet a trainer who uses a Growlithe and I can't help but think of Balboa. As Cruella faints the mans Growlithe he thanks me for our battle and with a terrifyingly sick laugh he disappears into thin air....

-I pass through this place as quickly as possible. The people here just...stare.

-Ronin hit level 57 and learned Swords Dance!!! Replaced Night Slash.

FUSHIA CITY

-Cruella takes over and sweeps this Gym. Kanto seems like it should be so much harder.

POWER PLANT

-Went to the Power Plant and an officer asks me to do his job and defeat a shady character in Cerulean.

-After running into the Team Rocket grunt he runs off, but I catch up to him on nugget bridge. I think this guy learned English from Yoda.

-Yoda man tells me where the missing part for the Power Plant is. I wonder if I get paid to deliver this back to the police?

POWER PLANT...AGAIN

-Gave the man in the overalls the missing part. He fixes the Generator. He gives me Charge Beam...thanks....useful TM for my water and Bug types.

-No pay from the police....not cool.

-Found Misty up by Bills old house. I think someone told me that's what it was.

-She says I can challenge her Gym now.

-Ronin sweeps. Time to go take on Surge.

VERMILLION CITY - TAKE 2

-Ronin, now insanely over leveled, sweeps Lt Surge. Moving on.

PETWER CITY

-Wasted an ULTRABALL trying to catch Snorlax. That was not wise.

-Made it thought Digletts cave without issue. Time to take on Brock.

-Cruella makes him look silly. Time to go to....

CINNABAR ISLAND

-Passed through pallet town to surf here. Loved that place. Made me think of Christmas.

-They moved -_- guess I'm going to Seafoam Islands.

SEAFOAM ISLANDS

-Cruella again sweeps the Gym. Let's go to...

VIRIDIAN CITY GYM -FORMER POKÉMON CHAMPION GARY

-Alright now for a real fight....I think...

-Nevermind. Other than the Gyarados scaring me with Dragon Dances it was easy.

-Now it's time to catch another teammate so we can take on the Red Trainer.

MOUNT SILVER

-Wasted the rest of my Pokeballs and caught Level 44 DONPHAN!!! Nicknamed her....

MRS JUMBO
600px-232Donphan.png

A very late entry to our team, Mrs. Jumbo jumps right into the fold and becomes the mother of the team. All of the team adores her, but Cruella enjoys her the most spending most of her time riding on Mrs. Jumbo's back for long, quiet walks.
NATURE - NAIVE
ABILITY - STURDY
Female
LEVEL: 44
HP: 139
ATK: 115
DEF: 117
SP ATK: 66
SP DEF: 59
SPD: 60

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Yes, I wasted all of my Pokeballs meaning that, per the rules, I can no longer "Win". But if I don't defeat Red then it wouldn't matter. I came into this wanting a challenge and Red is the strongest trainer in Kanto. Maybe the strongest trainer in the world.

We've had obstacles and we've suffered deaths. We've always strived to be the best throughout our journey. So in the end...to settle for anything other than being the best would be our biggest failure.

BRING ON TRAINER RED!!!!

NEXT: FACE OFF

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
POKEMON CHAMPION OF KANTO - RED
Team Update:
Spoiler:

I stand before who I assume is Trainer Red. The hail storm shrouds his figure, but his stance, his confidence gives him away.

"Are you Red?" I ask to confirm my suspicion as I cover my face with my arm trying to shield my face from the snow and ice as it blows with a blistering, unrelenting chill.

Ronin stands next to me. He will lead no matter what. He deserves the honor.

".........." Red stands silent. I see him reach for his belt.

He throws his Pokeball.

BATTLE ON!!!

-Trainer Red sends out Pikachu and I send out Ronin.
-I quickly swap in Mrs. Jumbo as I call Ronin back. Pikachu strikes MrsJUMBO with a Volt Tackle.
-Mrs. Jumbo isn't effected.
-Pikachu uses Iron tail taking 70% of Mrs. Jumbo HP with a Crit.
-Mrs. Jumbo then uses Earthquake KOing the Pikachu.
-Red sends out Lapras.
-Lapras uses Blizzard as Ronin comes in taking 25% of his HP.
-Ronin uses Iron Head almost KOing the Lapras and Lapras responds with Brine taking 30% hp of RONIN's Hp.
-Ronin uses Swords Dance as Red uses a Full Heal on Lapras.
-Ronin uses Iron Head and KOs Lapras.
-Charizard comes in next for Red and uses Air Slash as Ronin switches out and Cruella comes in taking 25% damage.
-Charizard outspeeds and uses Air Slash again taking another 25% from Cruella as Cruella hits Charizard with a Surf and KOs it.
-Next SNORLAX comes out.
-Cruella outspeeds and uses attract. After 4 turns of Immobilization and CRUELLA taking hail damage down to 10% HP, Snorlax breaks through and KOs CRUELLA.
-Enraged Ronin springs from my side.
-Crunch. Ronin brushes off 15% Damage from the attack. He sets up a Swords Dance and after 2 more Crunch attacks, 2 defensive drops and a couple of Roosts Ronin attacks. X-Scissor KOs the Snorlax.
-Next Blastoise comes out and uses Focus Blast. It misses. Ronin sets up another Swords Dance.
FOCUS BLAST HITS. Ronin drops to 35% HP left with hail damage taking 10% after each turn. Ronin uses X-Scissor.
-Ronin KOs the Blastoise.
-Next up is Venasuar. If we outspeed we win. Venasuar outspeeds. Venasuar MISSES A SLEEP POWDER!!!
-Ronin HITS X-SCISSOR!!! Venesuar goes down!!!

WE WIN.

".............." Red stares silently. His face becoming visible as the Hail storm fades.

"SAY SOMETHING!!!" I shout dropping down next to Cruella, my grief, overflowing, spilling out of me without filter. "What was all this for?! I win and what?! You won't even acknowledge me?!?!" I bury my face in my hands and then scream as unveil my fury and clinch my fists. "LOOK! AT! ME!!!!!"

".................." Red stands stoic, unmoving as I jump to my feet in a fit of rage. I run towards him as he ducks his face behind his Cap. I grab him by a collar and shake him.

"SAY!!! SOM....." my words get stuck in my throat as I see his face...My face. "Your face...i-it's my ...I mean...not my face now, but my old.....?" I let him go stumbling back, hyperventilating as Red covers his face once again. "How is that...what..."

Suddenly I see Ronin zip past me with its Claws bared. I shout, "RONIN NOO!!!" as he cuts Red in two with an X-Scissor still powered up from his Swords Dances. "RONIN!!! Whhhhyy?!" I shout as Ronin stands covered in blood...or is it blood?

The thick Gelatin like substance starts to crawl off of Ronin joining Red's body. As the substance all meets together the body then melts away into a Ditto.

Out of nowhere men appear as if from thin air. The sky and mountain range fades away revealing a massive, stark white room filled with soldiers dressed in all white rushing towards me.

I claw for my belt, trying to grab Ronin and Mrs. Jumbo's Pokeballs to have them return, but my body is immobilized and hoisted into the air by some invisible force. My arms and legs pinned together.

"BZZZZZZZZ" I hear Ronin writhing in pain, trying to free himself unsuccessfully as soldiers throw what appears to be a net engulfed in flames on him, pulling him away, out of my line of sight.

I look straight down as I see another group of soldiers take aim and fire on Mrs. Jumbo, as she reaches up to me with her trunk, killing her. Her body causing a thud against the ground as she falls still.

"BZZZZZ" I hear Ronin continue to fight.

"You weren't supposed to see this" I hear a low distorted voice bellow. "Look at the Pendulum before you and Sleep now. When you wake you won't remember any of this."

"BZZZZZZZ"

I see a Pendulum swing.

"BZZZZZZZZZ"

It's all I can see.

"BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

*CLICK*

"Finally, he calls back...took long enough." I say aloud, the bumps on the road making it difficult to hold onto my device as I pull it out of my pocket and click 'answer'.

"Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting...."

Spoiler:

Next: The Journey Continues in Pokémon Omega Ruby!!

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I finished this on Sunday but didn't decide to comment until now. Sorries. ^_^

This was definitely more intense than last time, what with all the Pok?mon deaths. D: I originally thought Chomper's was a horrible fluke, but then it kept happening. Rest in peace guys-especially Cruella. I love Tentacruel, and I was hoping she would stay with you until the end. =/

I like the idea that you can pick your own Pok?mon though. That seems to make it a lot easier on paper, but in practice is still very difficult given your item restrictions. Were you able to collect Apricorns by the way? That could have given you more balls, particularly Fast Balls for the roaming legendaries and Heavy Balls for Lugia. Even Lure Balls for Suicune I'd imagine...or are they for rod Pok?mon only? xD I'm not sure anymore.

The ending seemed a little confusing during my first read, as I didn't know what you were going for. But it all made sense when I began reading your Hoenn episode. You're at the E4 over there now, so I'll hold off posting until you complete it. I have to finish reading it as well anyways. =P

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
I really wanted to use the Apricons, but I was on the fence if it was within my own rules or not so I just didn't use them to keep things challenging.

I agree that Cruella's death was a hard one to stomach. I had to force myself not to reset for real lol She had overcome such a rough start and then carried us when we needed it. She was awesome.

But yeah, I definitely didn't think I would have so many deaths. My not having healing items and having to stay under a level cap really messes with my head sometimes and puts me in a position where I'm deciding between walking all the way back to a PokeCenter or risking it and moving forward. Unfortunately, playing riskier didn't work out very well this time lol

As for the ending, the idea of writing around my own Pok?mon's deaths, the game's built in dialogue and the built in events to create my own story is really intriguing to me (very similar to what you're doing in your Locke at the moment actually). I know reading the ending is very confusing initially, but I wanted it to be as that's how my character feels as well.

That said, I have a strong idea about where the story line will fall when the dust settles and I'm really, really excited about it. It's (hopefully lol) going to be amazing if I can keep things moving along by completing these runs.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I know it's a lot to catch up on now, but I love the feedback and it's incredibly motivating knowing I'm not just posting these for myself. You rock!! :)

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I said you were near the end of your Ruby run, but I see you've already finished it as well. Congrats. :)

And I had an idea about the Apricorns. Why not pick them from every tree when you first encounter them, but don't pick them anymore when they re-spawn. It still keeps you with a limited number of pok? balls.

Anyway keep it up! I'm looking forward to finishing Hoenn and starting Sinnoh(aka my favourite region). ^_^

Back