• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you care about natures?

Years
How important are natures to you in the games? Are you someone who doesn't care for natures at all, or do you try to aim for optimal ones?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
if i'm just chillin......trynna play the game and have a good time........then no. i don't care. unless they're really bad. like i would catch a new abra if i got an adamant one that's just wrong. but generally no

Years
I don't do any sort of competitive stuff, so natures don't really matter to me. I know that some are better than others for certain Pokemon depending on your movesets and strategies, but I don't think I could tell you what stat boosts any single one of the natures give you lol.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I was never into competitive battling so I never really cared about the natures. I think I tried once to make a competitive team and it just seemed like way to much work.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
I only really do casual playthroughs, so nop I've never cared about natures.

Years
During normal playthroughs? No, I think it's more fun to let the fate decide. It feels more natural to have variety of natures, EVs, IVs and all this stuff.

But if I'm aiming to have competitive Pokémon, then yes, I do care about natures. But I'm not hardset on one specific most of the time and mostly work with what I already have.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I was a stickler for natures for a few generations (starting with DP), but I don't really worry about them these days since I practically never battle. In a way, I feel that imperfect natures/IVs give Pokémon more personality. (Also, if I focused on natures, there'd be so many of my precious full-odds Shinies that would never get used and that would be a real shame.)

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
I've still never worried even once about the nature of any of my Pokemon, shiny or not. I completely get it for the competitive scene when putting together a team, but I don't really get the point of synchronizing natures for every shiny I go for or anything since they aren't going on a team.

User Anon 1848

I do, I wish I didn't though. For some reason I want to have the most ideal Pokemon possible even on older games where I'll only be facing NPC's. I make the effort to give my Pokemon the best natures, movesets and IV's. It helps when challenging facilities like the Battle Tower at least.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
For casual play I just try not to get natures that hinder the Pokemon, otherwise I'm not too picky about it!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I dont mind natures since I play normally and not competitive, but when you play competitive I do pay attention to every detail of the nature since it can be helpful when battling.

Years
mmm.... sometimes. whenever i feel motivated to re-hunt or soft reset. but its just a hassle for me. besides, a bad nature could amp up the challenge haha

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Natures don't matter to me. They never really have. I don't really care what nature my Pokemon is, since I'm not a competitive battler.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Casually, I don't really care about them (but if I'm doing a nuzlocke and get a bad nature, I will complain about it), but when it comes to competitive, that's when I do actually care about natures.

Years
Most of the time I accept any non-terrible Nature.

I think for SwSh though I'm going to take the time to decide what nature I want and get it. At least for one-off Pokemon like starters, legendaries, gift Pokemon, etc, and any Pokemon that I'm going to put on my team. :)

Back