• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Wow guys, this place is still alive, eh?

Well welcome to all the new members, and congrats MetalMario, Triple D and everyone else for their catches. And goodluck to all.

Fraid' I don't play much anymore - I got other games to play.

Ciao
-Style

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Venom, massive congrats! I was about to reset Emerald and race you but you can be on your way, owning with your new shiny Treeko :D

Oh, and if you haven't realized, I'm resetting Emerald and SRing for a shiny starter. Who should I go for?

Years
[/LIST]
8 SHINY MAREEP QQ I have been trying and trying to get a shiny mareep forever! I chain and I chain and I even chain it when I'm ev training my electrode but my darn chain ALWAYS breaks sometime after 30, it's like mareep is my cursed pokemon!
Anyways I'm going to start SR for Giratina later tonight when I'm off work to race Rapid Whalelord so no mareep will be torturing me for awhile! Guess I better pull out the tally paper though -_-
I can trade you one. (It won't count for credit here, but still.) The reason I catch so many is for best choice of IVs and nature. I can definitely share them around ... once I've sifted through them and found the best stats! ;)

SHINY TREECKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching a dvd while soft resetting, and it had just come to a funny part so i wasn't paying any attention to the game, and i was just pressing b to move the battle along and i heard the shiny sound, i thought wtf? looked down and there it was, i sat staring at it for about five minutes, not quite believing it was there but it was, so i leered the poochyena until it ran away and then saved the game.

It only took 228 resets, i have never had a shiny come that fast, never mind a shiny starter.

I'll edit with pics when i've uploaded them.

dsc00092wd6.jpg

dsc00093gj7.jpg

dsc00094xr0.jpg
See? What do I always say? The shiny Pooch is a herald of good fortune! If you see one, a shiny (which you can keep) is in the wind. :)

And wazzup with this shiny Treecko flood? At least I was somewhat unique when I got mine... :P

Today's swarm is Delibird! It's time to reclaim one of my lost precious ones! (Chain is at 11. I can make this an endless swarm but I don't expect I'll need to.)

The only high priority targeted reclaims I have left are Delibird, Dialga, Rotom, and Absol. Ye shalt feeleth my wrath, shining ones! >=] Ralts and Nosepass were nice, and I'll be going after them again sometime, but the above are the ones I miss the most.

Random gamewise breakdown of my hunts:
FR: Fishing Qwilfish. Haven't touched in aages, lol.
Em: Hatching droves of Chikorita.
LG: Playing through the game a couple times, then hunting Charmander. Haven't touched in a while too.
Ruby: Spare.
Sapphire: Finish playing through, then hunt Beldum. I might possibly hunt Kyogre when I make it to her. Haven't touched this game in a while either.
Pearl: Radaring Delibird as we speak.
Diamond: Hunting Turtwig. Haven't touched since shortly after I got it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Gratz on treeko, other than snubull I haven't got any new shinies, I've been trying to chain shinx but the little SOB doesn't want to be my friend, even with a static poke. I got one chain to 39 and that was closest. I just had a chain of staravia at 38 while EVing my manaphy(I recently got ranger and just transfered the egg)

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
SHINY TREECKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratz!

MM: I'd love a shiny mareep.....of course I'm still going to try to catch my own but if we happen to be on at the same time (or I guess you could pm me and we could set a time) I'll take one off your hands! =)
Shiny mareep is one of my fav shinies!!

So I've started to SR for shiny girantina (spelling?) at about 15 hehe....so wish me luck!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Quick up date on me, I left the darden and went to chain starly by twinleaf and got the chain to 40, so far 1 shiny and I'm just straight up resetting radar so I'll update in the morning how many

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Well, I've been away for a while, but I've been busy! SHC Cards (whenever I manage to get around to them -.-)

Yeah about that I've got a few new shinies since you last asked for the list. Should I send more info? I understand the busy schedule as life continues. Congrats on your new shinies.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Well I've decided to either go SR for Torchic or Mudkip...who should I pick!?!?

Good luck MM with Delibird. I never really liked it xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Meh, I wound up only getting one starly and it was mild, thats fine though cause I still got my lonely Staraptor 8)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats on the shiny Treecko, VenomX.

Man, I had a particularly weird dream last night. I don't recall exactly, but it started off with me SRing for a shiny Moltres and Zapdos simultaneously. I recall that shiny Moltres appeared first, and I caught it in a Master Ball. As I was trying to catch Moltres, I closed my GBA SP (where I soft resetting for a shiny Zapdos), yet I was still doing a soft reset for it as I was catching Moltres. Right as I was finished catching Moltres, a battle with Zapdos started; even though the GBA SP was closed, I could tell by the music. Then I heard the shiny noise; at first, I wasn't going to open it up, and I'd just soft reset (again, with the GBA SP closed), but then I heard MY Pokemon's cry, and it could've only meant one thing.

The Zapdos was shiny.

Ands it was. I looked at it for a minute, then all of a sudden, I got out of the battle, and I got into a battle with a shiny Pidgeot (though, admittedly, I can't remember if it were shiny or not), and for some reason, I had to KO or catch shiny Pidgeot to get a chance to catch the shiny Zapdos. I didn't want to use my only Master Ball on Pidgeot, so I tried to KO with my Pidgeotto. On the first turn it barely did anything, and before I could attack the second turn, it fled. So I lost my chance at a shiny Zapdos...

Oddly enough, I got over that loss a bit more quickly than I would if I were facing a shiny Zapdos in real life, so I just began walking around again. All of a sudden, I run into a shiny Mightyena, but for some reason, the sound was off, and I didn't quite catch the stars, so I had to look at it for a moment.

My dream ended there.

Weird, isn't it? Now I want a shiny Zapdos a lot.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Your dream was interesting, but am I dreaming right now?

I just caught a shiny Smoochum at a chain of 2.

That's right.

Freakin' 2.

Am I lucky with these ice monsters or what?

Last night I was chaining Sneasel then the chain was broken at 21 by a Smoochum. Cursing, I quit but then got the bright idea of getting one of those shiny, since I already have 2 other Ice shinies, and I supposed a Jynx would fill the role of Special. It reminds me of my Sandstorm team, how it was built.

So, I go on FR, and get a Synchro Timid Abra since I traded my only one to Pearl to get those Misdreavus. I guess that hard work paid off.

In fact, I think there was only 2 grass patches that went off when I had 2 in the chain. And one of them was a shiny patch.

The battle was freakin' intense. I was still using the Effect Spore Breloom, so I was afraid at first to use False Swipe. I got lucky. It kept waking up and hitting me, no poison, burn, etc.

So, freaking out, I use Spore one last time and switch to Empoleon which I had to get to Surf on the lake. The wild Smoochum is fast asleep. With the odds against me I used one last Ultra Ball and caught it. I wanted to use something like Heal, but no way. There's no way I'd be able to get it to work. The catch rate on this thing must be very low.

I'm going to get video and picture(s) ASAP. It's Timid, too, and when it used Psychic it did a load of damage to my Breloom. o.O'

This is madness.....

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
After I get two Leaf Stones to evolve my shiny Seedot completely, I'm going to finally get around to EV training my shiny Krabby, Aron, and new shiny Flaaffy. Then I will chain for a shiny Gligar! Or maybe a shiny Vulpix...I really like both of them.

Edit: I found an Old Amber while digging for some Leaf Stones...maybe I will soft reset for a shiny Aerodactyl!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I was rather dissapointed at not being able to get shinx after a few days so today my swarm was skitty..... I got at least 7 shiny right now I forgot the exact number and skitty is steadilt rising on my top chain at the early 70's not, rapidly closing in on buizel at 85 and hopefully will knock out Bidoofus from the top spot at 92

Chain broke at 85, I'm off to check natures/IVs

8 shiny total I just counted

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
After I get two Leaf Stones to evolve my shiny Seedot completely, I'm going to finally get around to EV training my shiny Krabby, Aron, and new shiny Flaaffy. Then I will chain for a shiny Gligar! Or maybe a shiny Vulpix...I really like both of them.

Edit: I found an Old Amber while digging for some Leaf Stones...maybe I will soft reset for a shiny Aerodactyl!

You can SR for shinies out of the fossils? I didn't know that darn I got a whole bunch while digging for a moonstone the other day and made them all into pokemon....oh well now I know for next time!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Congratz on Treecko venomx. Haven't had to much luck. Will do some chaining tonight. Won't spend to long on it.

DDD you just reminded me 300 is on telly tomorrow frow that post. Definatly watching it. Will try SR during it aswell.

Back