• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Please :/ This is important for me and my crew and google didnt help at all

I guess you use the latest AM beta (1.95). For these kind of things, I recommend you to use AM 1.92. Also, if you want to insert a completely new map (that takes more space, obviously), you wanna choose the option "Insert New Map". I also can recommend you to remove all the level scripts.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Hello! I just wanted to know how to make that certain Pokémon can evolve regardless of whether you have the national dex or not in Fire Red, for example, to evolve Golbat. I already know how to start with the National Dex but thats not what I want to.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Well, I have a problem, and i looked through this thread for a while, but i couldn't really find a solution for it. it may be here, and perhaps i just can't find it, but im'm going to ask anyway.
I want to change the number of events on a map. I know I have to change the values in the "amount of events"-tab, and then i'm supposed to press the "change events"-button, right? but when i do that, a window pops up, and i think it's asking me to choose the offset, but i started using the program today, so i'm a total noob. if i simply close the window the amount of events won't change, but if i select the "specify" option and type 800000 it works, but I am unsure if it is unwise to keep using the same offset (actually pretty sure it's a bad idea), so i would like to know how to stop that window from popping up. i have seen some tutorial videos on events, and none of them got the popup when they changed the number of events.
i would really like help, thanks :) and as said, i'm completely new at this

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Well, I have a problem, and i looked through this thread for a while, but i couldn't really find a solution for it. it may be here, and perhaps i just can't find it, but im'm going to ask anyway.
I want to change the number of events on a map. I know I have to change the values in the "amount of events"-tab, and then i'm supposed to press the "change events"-button, right? but when i do that, a window pops up, and i think it's asking me to choose the offset, but i started using the program today, so i'm a total noob. if i simply close the window the amount of events won't change, but if i select the "specify" option and type 800000 it works, but I am unsure if it is unwise to keep using the same offset (actually pretty sure it's a bad idea), so i would like to know how to stop that window from popping up. i have seen some tutorial videos on events, and none of them got the popup when they changed the number of events.
i would really like help, thanks :) and as said, i'm completely new at this
Are you using A-map 1.9.5? Try using 1.9.2, it's much less buggy and won't ask you for offsets or anything. It is definitely bad to use the same offset though.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
Hello. About the PGE's attack editor.
1. If I copy the animation pointer and paste it on another attack, would it execute same animation of the copied pointer?
2. and also, is it safe to edit the attack description?
3. and lastly, If I change the attack into from special to physical, would it be changed automatically w/o the aid of hex editing (the rom to be edited has a special/physical split feature)

Thanks for answering my questions. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
1. If I copy the animation pointer and paste it on another attack, would it execute same animation of the copied pointer?
3. and lastly, If I change the attack into from special to physical, would it be changed automatically w/o the aid of hex editing (the rom to be edited has a special/physical split feature)

1) Yes, but make sure the offset in the ini is right. Mine was wrong and I wasn't getting pointers.

2) Yes.

3) I am not qualified to answer this since I have never used the physical/special split.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014

3. Yes, it will change it for you. Though I'm trying to fix a graphical glitch with the physical/special icons and I'm not sure if that was the cause.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
When I use the "sunny weather with clouds in the water" weather effect, clouds also appear on the trees for some random reason. I've tried editing the behavior byte of the tree blocks, but that still doesn't seem to do the trick. What do?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
I am working on a new hack, and tried to copy nurse joy's script onto a different sprite. Everything works fine till like the last line, where the screen changes to a purple color and freezes. Any tips? As of now I have made no modifications to the script, it is the EXACT same script as the one from nurse joy in fire red.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I am working on a new hack, and tried to copy nurse joy's script onto a different sprite. Everything works fine till like the last line, where the screen changes to a purple color and freezes. Any tips? As of now I have made no modifications to the script, it is the EXACT same script as the one from nurse joy in fire red.

There are a few level scripts you need in the pokecenter so the purple doesn't happen, so just copy and paste those as well.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Are you using A-map 1.9.5? Try using 1.9.2, it's much less buggy and won't ask you for offsets or anything. It is definitely bad to use the same offset though.

it says that the version is 1.92, so i don't think thats the problem. and i have started experiencing some of the things that can happen when using the same offset over and over, and yes, it does mess up the hack xD
any other ideas?

Years
I've been trying to hack the titlescreen to my Fire Red rom, but when my sprite is loaded, it shows up as a box instead of as a Pokemon. Okay, that's a bit of a bad explanation. It looks like when you try to put a transparent picture in Paint, and the background goes black. Please help. If my explanation is still a tiny bit hard to understand, I'll link a pic.

karatekid552

Years
I've been trying to hack the titlescreen to my Fire Red rom, but when my sprite is loaded, it shows up as a box instead of as a Pokemon. Okay, that's a bit of a bad explanation. It looks like when you try to put a transparent picture in Paint, and the background goes black. Please help. If my explanation is still a tiny bit hard to understand, I'll link a pic.

Your transparent color needs to be the first one in the palette.

karatekid552

Years
Can anyone teaches me how to expand the number of the wild Pokemon of water and underwater from 5 to 12 in Emerald? Is this one related to ASM?

You won't be able to do it without editing the code that loads the wild data. Then you would have to edit the tables to reflect your changes. These won't work with A-map, so everything will have to be done in a hex editor.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
it says that the version is 1.92, so i don't think thats the problem. and i have started experiencing some of the things that can happen when using the same offset over and over, and yes, it does mess up the hack xD
any other ideas?
just to be sure, your a-map looks like this, right?:
Spoiler:

Does it happen with all ROMs you try to edit? Can you show me a screenshot? I need some more information.

Years
You won't be able to do it without editing the code that loads the wild data. Then you would have to edit the tables to reflect your changes. These won't work with A-map, so everything will have to be done in a hex editor.

Could you please tell me what is the offset of the code which loads the wild pokemon data? And the way to edit the tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back