• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Outlaw

captainchucke

Bum from the Slum
Years
Just beat CJ. Great game!

I started with Vulpix. Quickly fell in love with the dialogue. That first cop beat me and I had to grind up, loving that I could heal by sleeping with Red's mom. The npc on Route 1 who gives you the potion is probably my favorite character, honestly. Was disappointed about not being able to catch Pokemon I would normally use, but appreciated the challenge and new experience it helped create. After being initially disappointed about no fishing, after frustration at the power plant, I was pleased I could catch Magikarp surfing there. Luck was with me and Dratini was one of the first Pokemon I encountered surfing south of Pallet. Ended up trading out Pidgeot for Aerodactyl since I couldn't have any legendary birds.
Final team:
Gyarados Lv. 63 Bite, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, Surf
Ninetales Lv. 43 Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Quick Attack, Iron Tail
Aerodactyl Lv. 53 Wing Attack, Fly, Ancient Power, Bite
Feraligator Lv. 54 Dragon Claw, Surf, Strength, Cut
Hypno Lv. 60 Psychic, Confusion, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball
Dragonite Lv. 74 Wing Attack, Outrage, Shock Wave, Surf

I was pretty much able to guess at the champion's team.

Last edited:

Charmanderdude

Burning Passion
Years
This is my type of hack! I love how even though mostly it's just Firered with the dialogue and the levels of Pokemon that have changed (keyword is mostly, some completely new things here and there) it still feels like a 100% fresh experience. The characters are great, even if some of the text maybe does get a bit too silly sometimes, but that's just nitpicking. Just finished SS Anne and beat Surge, and I gotta say it's been a blast.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Is Kangaskhan on route to the right of Viridian? I saw UnlawfulExile find it but I've been searching 4 about an hour now.... Is it just extremely rare?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2018
I was wondering if anyone had a pokemon location list for this rom. I found a khangaskan right in the beginning going towards victory road where id usually find a nidoran, just curious to see what other rare and strong pokemon i may be over looking by not staying in one spot long enough. Any info helps thank you

Its there for sure i was shocked. Do you know of any other rare or strong pokemon in weird areas in this hack?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2019
Hi I just downloaded outlaw version on my PC but it won't let me save the game, it comes up as save error. I lost all my progress and I was almost in cerulean city. How can I make sure I won't lose my progress next time? Same issue with korosu version. Also where does Cawps fall into the timeline or is it totally separate

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Hi I just downloaded outlaw version on my PC but it won't let me save the game, it comes up as save error. I lost all my progress and I was almost in cerulean city. How can I make sure I won't lose my progress next time? Same issue with korosu version.

If you use VBA, apply this setting: Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k. Then start a new game and see if you can save.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Is there another similar hack? ROMs seem stale after this awesomeness

Have you played Pokemon CAWPS and Pokemon Korosu? Both were made by Crizzle. CAWPS is a different kind of adventure in Hoenn and Korosu is a direct sequel to Outlaw.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
I can't use my moon stone on Porygon. Is there any other way to evolve him?

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen May 20, 2019
Heh Heh, Funny game so far, but so I have more convenience I use a no download emulator (which I recommend) idek if they allowed to have it (ArcadeSpot) but great game!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 12, 2019
Hey guys! sorry if this has already been answered, but I cant seem to get my eevee to evolve to espeon/umbreon
Is there any way to check happiness? I've had my eevee with me for about 15 levels and lotssssss of walking (I have 8 badges now). Still no evolve! Is it even possible to get umbreon/espeon in this version? Is there a soothe bell somewhere? Ive tried doing all the vitamins/lots of walking/lots of battling/important battles.

Lemmee know ! thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 13, 2019
I only made an account to write this and it may sound stupid but I am playing this game and I find it to be amazing. As a 15 year old irl it does feel like a coming of age story as you said and it feels like a whole other game than FireRed/LeafGreen because of the new areas/buildings, slums and a (kind of) different story line (I'm just up to the second gym right now). I like how it makes it more realistic because of the slums and it captures the darker side of Pokemon rather than what other games show. It has hilarious dialogue (I love it when the characters freak out when you go into their houses because I feel like that's what would realistically happen) and the characters are much more interesting than the originals (in my opinion) and it's really nice to see a Pokemon game for older audiences. Well done on making it. Would 100% recommend this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
loving your hack it really makes the world feel more real with the change of language and dark themes. Quick question been looking for a rhyhorn cant seem to find it, since the safari zone isnt there anymore would you know where i could find one?

Rhyhorn is on the bottom floor of Rock Tunnel. Rhyhorn has a 1% encounter rate, so it will take a long time to find.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
Hi!
How do I check my Eevee's friendship level? I really want an Umbreon to crush the fourth gym

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2019
I want to handle my moves properly... but one thing to ask that this game have physical split?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
This hack/game is awesome! The only pokemon game where I talked to every NPC. Moreover, I talked to a lot of NPC twice or more.

Back