• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [OOC] [T]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Good news everyone!

I'm happy to say that PTA will be coming home to Pokecommunity and resuming. All of the information in the first post of this thread will still be relevant and we will, as always, be happily helping new folks craft a quality SU and join in the fun.

We'll be starting the IC up again with my next post which will mark the beginning of a new IC day. This day will work a little differently than the others. It's going to be Halloween!

There won't be any classes on Halloween, it's a holiday after all, and will likely run a little longer than other days we've done. This is for a couple of reasons;

1) I think people will be happy to revel in the sandbox and tell their own stories since we've been on sort of a hiatus. I'm also not sure what our player numbers will be like when we first start back up so classes have the potential to be a nightmare. Go nuts and enjoy the setting!
2) The day will actually be split into two parts. The daytime will be as normal on a day without any classes, do as you like. Extra credit for spooky Halloween themed shenanigans!
3) Normally we wrap up a day as it hits night but not this time! We'll carry on into the midnight hours of this day and there'll be a Halloween themed EVENT for those who wish to take part in it. This will involve some frightful fun and possibly even some plot! I hear folks like that kind of thing. It will be entirely optional, you could just carry on your personal rivalries and stories at this stage if you prefer.
4) Let's be real here. We all want to catch a Ghost type on Halloween, riiight? For the duration of the Halloween IC day Ghost types can be found ANYWHERE on the island, even places you wouldn't normally encounter them! Even places you wouldn't normally encounter wild Pokemon at all! The Pokemon Centre, your dorm room, inside your left shoe, anywhere! This will be IC explained in my next post but, OOC, it means we don't all end up in a massive joint post in the Ghost Type areas fighting over a Gastly.

Questions, comments, sound-offs, hit me!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Thanks Adventure! The RPT seems a little quieter than I remember but it's great to be back where it feels like we belong.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hope Im not late to the party! Also i can edit the dorm if needed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Luke Skyler

Nickname (Optional): None

Age (10-15): 15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance:
Real-Avatar.png

Standing at a height of 5'10'', Luke has dark brown hair and blue eyes. He generally is very serious and is considered to have a hostile appearance by some.

Personality: Luke is very serious and has a cold personality, being seen as arrogant by many because of it. Luke holds himself in higher regard than the commoners, rarely approaching them and considering them beneath his status. Despite his personality however, he generally doesn't consider himself in the highest regard. As the youngest child in his family, he's the most inexperienced out of them all. All those years of having been behind his siblings in regard to his skills and having been bullied because of it have unconciously made him have a lower self esteem. Part of the reason that led him to signing up in the academy has been surpassing his siblings and becoming the successor to his father's company have been in order to prove to himself that he is better than the others. Although he appears as arrogant, he isn't all that bad, part of his personality and his interaction with others stem up from the previous conversations he has had with his family, mostly with his siblings in particular. Luke also hasn't had much interaction with other people outside of his family, so he hasn't been able to develop certain social skills at an early age, making him lack behind in comparison to other people.

History: Coming from a rich family, Luke holds pride towards his family for owning the Silph Company, in charge of several Poke Marts across the regions of Kanto/Johto and in possession of advanced technology. His family live in Saffron City, where their main headquarters is located. Luke is the youngest child in the family, so not much effort has been put by their parents in raising him as their older children, merely being an afterthought. His siblings aren't around him that much either, in fact, they're very competitive towards each other looking to earn their parent's affection in order to be anointed as their father's sucessor, their behavior tend to be hostile as a result.

As the youngest (and most inexperienced child in the family), Luke tends to be held in less regard by his siblings and have gotten bullied because of it, this may have influenced him in desiring to surpass them and get chosen as the successor of the family's company, though Luke was far behind in skills to his other siblings mostly due to not enough attention having been given to him when getting raised in comparison to his other siblings. Having heard of the Pokemon Trainer Academy, Luke signed up to the academy, seeing it as the only opportunity to be able to learn new skills that could match up to his siblings and perhaps surpass them. Luke didn't like the idea of being in the same environment as commoners, but acknowledged the prestige that the academy has gotten over the years and has held great respect towards some of it's figure, most precisely Professor Oak himself, founder of the academy. Luke held some doubt regarding the threat of Team Rocket however, although the influence of Team Rocket has increased over the years and have been becoming very apparent in regions such as Kanto and Johto to the point where they have even established business relations with his family, Luke simply sees them as mere charlatans who have somehow been smart enough to establish more influence in comparison to other mafian thugs elsewhere around the world, if they became too troublesome, his family would be able to stop them before they became a threat (or so he thought). Nevertheless, he concluded that the academy might be able to give him more experience in the outside world and that it would be worth pursuing despite some of the drawbacks that he would face in an unknown environment.

Pokémon (Maximum of 2. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Growlithe
Nickname(Optional): None
Personality: A very strong and loyal pokemon. Luke received Growlithe as his first pokemon five years ago, Growlithe is well trained and disciplined. Some of Luke's personality has held on Growlithe, making him a serious and competitive pokemon.
Lvl(Max Lvl 10): 10
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Flamethrower, Crunch, Aerial Ace, Wild Charge

Species: Dratini
Nickname(Optional): None
Personality: Was received as a gift by a cousin. Dratini is shy and generally doesn't like to fight, much to Luke's dismay, although Dratini tries to get involved in battles more often in order to please Luke. Dratini is generally a kind pokemon and is very gentle towards other pokemon and humans.
Lvl(Max Lvl 10): 7
Moves: Protect, Thunderbolt, Dragon Tail, Ice Beam

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Unfortunately, there has been very little activity in this RP lately. It's happened before though, so just in case the GM sees this, I'll leave the thread open for now.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Is this RP still open to sign ups?

Hey everyone, we are currently doing talks among those who remain in the RP. With the 2 month limit coming up, we might do a fresh start since a lot as happened since we started back up. We have been through two transitions and we lost a ton of people right before the first due to things that had happened on the site. And the site was down for an extended amount of time for many of us.

Honestly, I didn't realize we had new posts here, otherwise I would have brought things up earlier. So if you wish to join, please hold on. I'm not a GM, but I'll see if I can get in touch with him and see if we can come up with what to do next.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
Hey everyone, we are currently doing talks among those who remain in the RP. With the 2 month limit coming up, we might do a fresh start since a lot as happened since we started back up. We have been through two transitions and we lost a ton of people right before the first due to things that had happened on the site. And the site was down for an extended amount of time for many of us.

Honestly, I didn't realize we had new posts here, otherwise I would have brought things up earlier. So if you wish to join, please hold on. I'm not a GM, but I'll see if I can get in touch with him and see if we can come up with what to do next.

Alright, i'll keep an ear out for your message.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Alright, i'll keep an ear out for your message.

I still haven't been able to get any word from Synthet. But a number of us want to continue the RP. I wouldn't post it yet, but you could work on your SU.

If you want more info about what we are talking about, you could also possibly join the Discord which there is a link to in the first post.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'm unsure if SU's are still allowed from what I've read here just now. Been meaning to come back to this RP recently, but I just want to make sure I know the status of this thread before I start writing my new character.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Hey folks!

First of all I need to apologise for being a bad GM and letting things taper off. As an effort to reinvigorate the RP and prevent this from happening again we have a new GM in the form of Embyr. I'm still around though and we have quite a few veterans to help carry the weight.

Some of the rules will be changing, one of which will be the introduction of a player limit. We never had one before and it allowed the RP to become too unwieldy and difficult for just me to keep track of. Preference for spots has, naturally, been given to players who were active before things slowed down and that's filled (er, exceeded) the limit that Embyr and I had discussed.

However! We are both complete suckers for new players, tasty SU's and characters we think would be interesting additions. Posting an SU is still worth your time because you might tempt us into accepting you anyway, or make an impression so that we remember you immediately as soon as an available spot opens up.

We are back in business.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Dropping this SU here in case a spot gets freed up :>

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 700px;"]

Name: Neil Addison | Age: 14 | Gender: Male | Dorm: Raikou Dorm

n9dAHhf.png

Appearance:
At 150cm Neil stands a little shorter than most boys his age, this is also not helped by his tendency to slouch when he is standing.

His light blue coloured eyes are in stark contrast to his pale ghost like complexion. This is furthered by his medium length dark navy hair. This can usually be seen quite unkempt and swept all around his face.

One would do well to see Neil's face however as he can usually be seen covering up as much of it as he can due to what he perceives as, the constant cold and chilly weather.

He can usually be seen wearing, the scarf of course, some kind of simple hoodie paired along with some dark jeans and trainers which were once white but have now been reduced to a scuffed dirt stained pair.

He also will carry a one strap backpack which will be tied across his chest when he is out and about on his day to day Pokémon adventures.

Personality:
Neil is an outdoors person. He generally dislikes being stuck indoors for long periods of time. Ever since he was a little kid, Neil loved to play outdoors during every opportunity he got. He loves to climb the trees and relax in the grass, it was because of this that Neil started to engage more and learn more about the world of Pokémon. Due to Neil's fondness of the outdoors, he paid little to no attention towards his schoolwork. While other kids were inside in the evenings doing their homework, Neil was in the one place that he loved, the one place that he could forget about all his worries, the outdoors.

Neil is also a jolly person and he is always up for a laugh. Neil dislikes making enemies and will always make an effort to become friends with someone he meets. If an argument does occur, Neil can't hold a grudge for very long and is generally the first person to apologise. He has never gotten into trouble with authorities and he doesn't plan to however in spite of this Neil is an easily persuaded individual. If he hears that a majority of a group are planning to do something that would end in them getting into trouble, it won't take much persuading to get Neil to tag along. He wouldn't be happy about tagging along but will generally do it as to not create any friction between himself and the group.

He is also a terrible battler. Neil doesn't have the first clue when it comes to Pokemon battles, especially against other, more experienced trainers. Whilst he has done an okay job at raising his Slowpoke, he finds it extremely difficult to raise his Phanpy. His Phanpy is a very shy Pokemon and will always try to run away from a battle rather than take on the opposition. It's because of this that Neil finds great difficulty in raising his Phanpy. However, he's determent to raise his Phanpy and to see it grow into a mighty Donphan.

History:​
Neil grew up in Fortree City in the Hoenn region. Due to the secluded, quiet and adventurous area that this city was built in, Neil spent his days running on the treetops, playing in the grass and going for a swim in the stream that was situated at the edge of the village. Neil would often leave his home in the morning telling his mother and father that he was off to school, however once Neil got far enough away from his house he would dart off into the trees and spend his days relaxing in the treetops and playing with the wild Pokémon that was found there.

As the years rolled by and Neil got older he continued still to skip school on a daily basis. But this time he didn't spend his days relaxing in the treetops or playing in the grass. He spent his days watching Pokémon trainers come and go from the gym, trying their best to win the badge that would take them one step closer to the Pokémon League. One day he watched a determined trainer beat the gym leader in an intense battle. It was then Neil knew what he wanted to do. He raced home around the usual school finishing time, swung open the door and declared to his mother that he wanted to become a Pokémon trainer. His mother told him he would be going nowhere until his school work improved.

Neil attempted to improve his school work but his mind just wasn't into it. He would still skip school now and again in order to sneak off and watch the gym battles unfold. He tried to cut this out in order to satisfy his parents but the urge was just too strong. Soon Neil was back skipping days of school just to simply watch Pokemon battles.

Early one morning, Neil walked downstairs only to find his mother, father and now his aunt sitting at the table. His mother explained he would have to go to Kanto with his aunt, as he was not learning anything here and a change of scenery might do him good and perhaps improve his school work. After much debate Neil walked out of the town with his aunt along with a backpack in hand filled with the bare essentials for the trip, leaving most of his treasured childhood items behind. Reaching the end of the village he took one last look at his hometown, he teared up remembering the memories that Fortree City held for him. He dried his eyes, turned back and proceeded with his aunt.

When he arrived in Kanto, Neil was living in Viridian City with his aunt and was attending the School there. Surprisingly his school work improved massively. Perhaps it was the lack of trees or maybe the fact that the gym in town was rarely visited by trainers. Pokemon almost didn't exsist to Neil any more until one day as he returned from school he noticed a Pokémon hurt in the road, it was a Slowpoke. He immediately picked it up and brought it to the Pokémon centre in town. He waited anxiously for its return. As soon as the Slowpoke was healed, it jumped up on Neil's shoulders and beamed a huge smile. Neil brought the Slowpoke outside in order to let it go free but it wouldn't budge. It refused to leave Neil's side. Neil accepted that this Slowpoke wasn't going anywhere so he headed home in order to seek his aunts advice. Smitten with his new found friend, Neil was paying so little attention to the road in front of him that he ended up bumping into another trainer. Both trainers were knocked to the ground, but before Neil could apologize, the other trainer jumped up and challenged Neil to a battle. Having no experience ever participating in a battle before, Neil lost almost instantly. The other trainer stormed off but Neil dropped down to his knees to pick up the Slowpoke and bring him back to the Pokémon centre. After healing him in the Pokemon Centre once again, he brought Slowpoke home to his aunts house. Neil was completely unaware that during the Pokemon battle a local Pokémon lab assistant from Pallet Town was watching the battle. Impressed by Neil's generosity and compassion for his Pokemon, he ran off to pallet town.

Early next morning, Neil awoke to find the Slowpoke from before sleeping at the foot of Neil's bed. It was a Saturday which meant no school, so Neil quickly jumped out of bed to head outside to breath in the early morning air. After reaching the kitchen, he saw his aunt standing there with a big smile on her face. "A letter for you!" Neil walked slowly over to the letter which was sitting on the kitchen table. He opened it carefully and was stunned to see that it informed him he had the opportunity to participate in the Pokémon Trainer Academy Entrance exams.

He couldn't believe it! He was just given a chance to join this Pokémon school and he didn't even know why! But to be honest he didn't really care why. He was just happy that he was given the chance.

After saying his goodbyes, he was about to leave until his aunt called him back. She presented him with six Pokeballs, presents from his parents back in Hoenn. Five of them were empty but one of them seemed to contain a Pokémon. He thanked his aunt one last time and told her to give his thanks to his parents. Neil turned away and began the long road to becoming a skilled Pokémon trainer.

Neil attended the entrance exams and preformed just about as well as one would think, he got through by the skin of his teeth. Blind luck another might say.

He knew it was going to be tough. No-one said it was going to be easy, but he was determined. He was going to show everyone that he could be something and most of all he wanted to make his parents proud. A new chapter in his life awaits.

Pokemon:

slowpoke.gif

Species: Slowpoke
Personality: Neil's Slowpoke is no exception to the commonly known fact about Slowpokes, that they are lazy. This aside though, Neil's Slowpoke can easily become courageous in the heat of battle if it senses that Neil could be in danger.
Lvl: 10
Moves: Tackle, Yawn, Growl, Stomp, Zen Headbutt, Snore

phanpy.gif

Species: Phanpy
Personality: Phanpy is a shy and fearful Pokemon and will often cower away from battles rather than try and engage in them. Neil has had a very tough time attempting to get Phanpy to come out of its shell.
Lvl: 10
Moves: Tackle, Flail, Rollout, Body Slam, Counter, Focus Energy

[/div]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Hey Wooly! I seem to remember you were in the old PTA, weren't you? Your username seems familiar anyway so it's good to see you.

You've clearly put a lot of work into your SU and it's strong enough that Embyr and I would be happy to accept you, we just need to clean up one small issue with it and you'll be good to go. There should be a link to our discord server on the first post of this thread so hop on over when you're ready.

Back