• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
He's working on 3 different mods? What are the details?

No.
1. Original Theta Emerald (Gens 1-5 plus Sylveon) Released late 2015

2. Theta Emerald EX (This game)
Released final version February 27th of 2017.

3. And whatever the title is he gives to the one he's currently working on.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I think the one thing that I like about one of the engines is the fact that they conveniently forgot the evolution method where it has to learn a certain type of move. It's not like there's a certain Pok?mon that needs that...*cough* EEVEE *cough* FAIRY-MOVE *cough* SYLVEON *cough*

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I think the one thing that I like about one of the engines is the fact that they conveniently forgot the evolution method where it has to learn a certain type of move. It's not like there's a certain Pok?mon that needs that...*cough* EEVEE *cough* FAIRY-MOVE *cough* SYLVEON *cough*

So, what will the alternative evolution be?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
So, what will the alternative evolution be?

I said screw it and edited the "Eevee Table" with the engine. You see, in order to make room, the engine has a special table specifically for Eevee so that it can have more than 5 evolutions. I decided to edit the "Sylveon" evolution and added 1. Doing some research and apparently Eevee can only learn 2 Fairy-type moves. Charm and Baby-Doll Eyes. So I used the Know Moves evolution methods and used that for both Charm and Baby-Doll Eyes. It worked, along with the other Eevee Evolutions, so that's good in my book ????

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
So I wanted to fix the Dex data within my game. They worked, I just wanted to fix how big they were because they were overlapping with the graphics. I correctly used the convenient .ini maker from the emerald engines within the tools and resources thread, with little fixes here and there, got the latest version of PGE, and NONE of the tools work. They either give one of these errors:
Spoiler:

Here's the roms.ini file for Emerald below if that helps any:
Spoiler:

PGE doesn't work, but G3T works perfectly. What could the problem be?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
That's strange. Although, I think there are alternatives for pretty much every one of PGE's tools. Maybe, if you can't fix this, you should consider using independent tools?

Trainer editor: UTE and HTE both work, and UTE supports levels above 100.

G3T takes care of a few, and you said that one works right?

Not sure how if there's an attack editor that supports expanded movesets.

Have you tried seeking help from Dizzy or someone who knows Emerald inside and out?

Edit: Also, I was under the impression that PGE and G3T use different INI files. PGE also needs to be in the same directory as the PGE folder with the same name.

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
That's strange. Although, I think there are alternatives for pretty much every one of PGE's tools. Maybe, if you can't fix this, you should consider using independent tools?

Trainer editor: UTE and HTE both work, and UTE supports levels above 100.

G3T takes care of a few, and you said that one works right?

Not sure how if there's an attack editor that supports expanded movesets.

Have you tried seeking help from Dizzy or someone who knows Emerald inside and out?

Edit: Also, I was under the impression that PGE and G3T use different INI files. PGE also needs to be in the same directory as the PGE folder with the same name.
Tbh I love how G3T sees the pointer location rather than the offset. Though, I don't need a Trainer Editor, that was done a long time ago. I just need a Dex Data editor. Thanks for the help though!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
I'm having a few issues with Emerald Theta EX. No stat boosts ever seem to affect my Pokemon - Torchic's speed boost doesn't raise it's speed, and I tested a Ralts with 3 Double Teams with an emulator's save states and found no boost to its evasion whatsoever. Why is this?

Years
^I just wished you could change the level (since the game have above 100 level) but anyway nice to see your adding more content!

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
BETA HAS BEEN SENT OUT TO MY SELECTED PARTICIPANTS. If you commented on my pinned post, I would highly recommend checking your Facebook messages or for message requests. I might have also sent a few through Discord as well. Also, I've written down that if the beta gets released, the game is cancelled, so...yeah. Anyways, to my beta testers, good luck...you're gonna need it.

Years
BETA HAS BEEN SENT OUT TO MY SELECTED PARTICIPANTS. If you commented on my pinned post, I would highly recommend checking your Facebook messages or for message requests. I might have also sent a few through Discord as well. Also, I've written down that if the beta gets released, the game is cancelled, so...yeah. Anyways, to my beta testers, good luck...you're gonna need it.

can i be a tester too? i want to try it so i can figure how u manage this so long rom hack.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
LC could u please add more pc box in theta emerald renev? 'Cause are too many pokémon and only 14 boxes!

The video about why Gen 7 is not included explains that this is not an option.

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
So, I edited the move tutor attacks, and throughout Hoenn the other move tutors work. However, at the Battle Frontier, the move tutors where you have to spend BP, aren't functioning correctly. The names have been changed, but have two other move names popped up, UNLESS it's a move that didn't change (i.e. Elemental Punches). Here's video proof:

At first, I thought it was because I was using stuff past FFFFFF, but that's not the case. Anyone know what the problem is?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
So, I edited the move tutor attacks, and throughout Hoenn the other move tutors work. However, at the Battle Frontier, the move tutors where you have to spend BP, aren't functioning correctly. The names have been changed, but have two other move names popped up, UNLESS it's a move that didn't change (i.e. Elemental Punches). Here's video proof:

At first, I thought it was because I was using stuff past FFFFFF, but that's not the case. Anyone know what the problem is?

I don't know exactly what's going on, but from the video, it looks like the issue is can be summarized like this:

When you talk to the tutor, the list contains Move A, with the description of Move B. When you select Move A, it asks if you want to teach a Pokemon Move B. If you say Yes, it goes to to the Pokemon Selection Screen, where you can select a Pokemon to teach it Move C, based off of Move C's learn-ability.

I assume Move B is the original move for that slot in Vanilla Emerald. Is the Move that should be taught from the Tutor Move A or Move C? The answer would be different depending on which move is the correct move. (For example, did you want Tailwind or Recycle in that first slot?)

Last edited:
Back