Olivine City Outskirts Resident

Age 28
Any
Northwest PA, US
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
965 posts
49 Days
I'm too torn! I love Cyndaquil a lot but I also adore Oshawott! I'm not all that interested in Rowlet for this one since I just raised one or two about one gen ago...

Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,166 posts
8.7 Years
Cyndaquil feels like the clear choice here. Rowlets line has always made me cringe as it reminds me of being an edgey 14 year old and I really dislike Oshawatt's line design.

SawkTheWarrior

Anybody got any Spaghetti?

He, Him.
Canada
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
309 posts
315 Days
I Don't Actually Have a Switch, But If I Did I Would Pick Cyndaquil... Pokemon Silver Will always Be One Of My Fave Games.

Hybrid Trainer

Age 26
Him/Them
«UK»
Seen 53 Minutes Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
2,066 posts
12.4 Years
I'm going to be going with Cyndaquil. If I hadn't only just finished replaying ultra moon I probably would've gone with Rowlet because it makes more sense theme wise with the game, but I don't like picking the same starter twice so close together so I'm gonna stick with my firey boi

Sleepy

Age 25
Female
Scotland
Seen March 13th, 2021
Posted March 3rd, 2021
69 posts
1.4 Years
Cyndaquil has been my favourite since the Mystery Dungeon days so I was really happy to see them make a reappearance ^o^

signature icon by sqdpxl

Sonata

Don't let me disappear

Age 25
Male
Indiana
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
13,455 posts
8.1 Years
Hard choice between Rowlet and Cyndaquil. Especially if they give us some kind of new forms for them... Cyndaquil will be even more tempting.

Roni

shen't
PH
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
this is actually a really good set. legit hard decision for me. if i were to play this, the first time around i'm definitely gonna go with something i'm familiar with so Cyndaquil's gonna be my bae. glad to see i'm with the majority on that one.
Paired with Ash KetchupModerator of Meet & Greet
VPPAvatar
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
11,951 posts
5.7 Years
Cyndaquil, most likely. No reason, okay, maybe because I’m worried about not finding a Fire mon. I mean you can find a Water mon easily via water, and Grass mons easily through everywhere else. I mean sure I don’t care about redundancy usually, but I might as well try it out.
Blazed Glazed Crazed Lazed Defrazed Revengazed!
A Glazed Nuzlocke comic by PageEmperor

---
Enjoy this old weird run that's been on my sig for 2 years.
Never forget...
Spoiler:

That Kermit Seismitoad still isn’t real, it still can’t hurt you

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast

She / They
Spain
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
197 posts
80 Days
Rowlet. Honestly, the alolan starter trio is already my favorite out of the main games, so it's an easy choice for me. And Decidueye not only looks awesome, it also fits the "bygone era" (medieval?) setting of the game very well :]

"truly skilled trainers should try to win with the pokémon they love best."

pokemon fan person

Age 18
Female
kalos
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
378 posts
22 Days
rowlet!
VPP:
flabébé

Astromancer

they/them
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
35,298 posts
13.4 Years
No idea, honestly. I find the starter selection... Quite odd. A samurai, a blazing echidna and an archer owl? Would have been in the feudal style well enough if they had used Fennekin (magician/shaman) instead of Cyndaquil, imo.

That being said, I most often pick the Fire starter in games so I imagine I would do so here too haha.

Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
649 posts
111 Days
I'm personally very torn between cyndaquil and rowlet, if nintendo finally lets me have multiple saves, I may just run two concurrent games with each.
The A-non Team

Trevenant
Lv. 100 @ 306
Challenge: Souls of the Damned
Legendary: TBA

Chandelure
Lv. 100 @ 213
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Ponyta
Lv. 100 @ 497
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Eevee
Lv. 100 @ 708
Challenge: TBA

Budew
Lv. 100 @ 794
Challenge: TBA

Megan

Life is harder for some...

Age 31
She/Her
Online now
Posted 10 Hours Ago
4,909 posts
8.2 Years
Very much Rowlet. I liked its final evo in Moon and it served me quite well in that game, as well. I was never a huge fan of Samurott and while Typhlosion has a massive nostalgia factor as it was my first starter ever in the gen 2 games, its design got kinda ruined when they showed its 3D model.
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
6,261 posts
12.2 Years
Probably Oshawott, since Oshawott is my favorite amongst the three. To be honest, though, all three are really good, so even if I say that, I think I'll have a hard time choosing since you'll probably only get one since I doubt I can trade with people to get the others.
Theme: Neku Sakuraba
Pair: Drew