• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Size Errors?

Stephen_The_Ace

Drifblim Rules.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
Well, while looking at the sizes of pokemon on my pokedex, I realized some serious errors. Why is Infernape nearly seven feet in the "Rise of Darkrai" movie if he is much shorter then that in the game. There are similair problems with Drifloon(Because I know he was bigger then half a persons leg in the movie for sure), and others as well. I know it might seem a bit nit-picky of me, but errors like that just bug me. Or maybe everyone in the show is just really short.

Stephen_The_Ace

Drifblim Rules.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
An inch tall? Um..

So what about in the original series in kanto, the episode with sabrina when she turns them into toys, they would have to be like infinitely small then. <_<

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Bear in mind that in japan the average height for a man is almost 3 inches less than that of the average american or englishman (Statistic from here) so the show's artists are going to be drawing to a different scale. Also, IIRC, the main protagonists of the show are around 12 years old, they're gonna be short when stood next to the monkey.

Stephen_The_Ace

Drifblim Rules.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
That's understandable (Even though technically wouldn't Ash be 17 and Brock...um...21 by now?), but still, you're character in the game is only 4'8", would Ash and them really be that much shorter?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
That Infernape was slouching, that's all. XD

Also, remember that in the show, not all Pokemon are of the same size. I.e. you can get different sizes of the same species depending on how they've grown.

There's always been differences between the game and the anime, it's just how it's been depicted by the show's artists at the time. To be honest, it wouldn't really look so good if everytime we saw a Pokemon beside Ash that it was monstrous in comparison.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
That's understandable (Even though technically wouldn't Ash be 17 and Brock...um...21 by now?), but still, you're character in the game is only 4'8", would Ash and them really be that much shorter?

Im not sure, but it's not really worth dwelling on. The anime is made by a different company to the games, there will always be differences. The anime also contradict the game's storyline at points, but that doesnt matter. Since the two dont run off the same statistics it's likely that the show's creators envisioned infernap to be a 10 foot tall monster :)

Stephen_The_Ace

Drifblim Rules.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
As well can be said for the game, because a 1 foot Drifloon just looks silly if you ask me. ):

And no dwelling, it's not hindering my enjoyment at all, just discussing. ;)

Years
Not only that, but Charizard being only 5'7" in the games, yet he's freaking huge in the anime.

In other words, don't count on a crap-filled anime to give you accurate readings of videogame monsters.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
Years
Well Pokemon just got punched in the face with reality...

Um I dunno. Maybe video games shrink some P-Mon and make others bigger. I dunno...

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
A topic like this belongs in Pokemon General. This doesn't really have much to do with Diamond/Pearl.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
i always thought the pokemon are less big in the game. i mean; 'pocket monsters'. also, in your dex they are being compared to a ten year old japanese kid. so yea, the ones in the anime are way too big.

Tallulah

Paistinpannu!
Years
I think it's like how people can all be different heights so I think the pokedex just says the average height for the pokemon.

Back