Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old November 27th, 2014 (9:57 AM).
AtecainCorp.'s Avatar
AtecainCorp. AtecainCorp. is offline
Rejishan awake...
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Takoabe Town (Region Thonsu)
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hardy
    Posts: 1,241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AkimotoBubble View Post
    it is my work:
    in these offest change
    0x030094
    0x30198
    0x3dbf8
    0x41860//when you change here,the pm cannot level up
    0x43b5e
    0x43be0
    0x49ed0
    0xe7fe8
    0xe80f0//when you change here,your pmExp will not normal
    change ca 20 40 00 to 80 20 80 00
    and in 47000to48000,i change some D1 to DB
    hope me can help you
    Excuse me. That offsets is for FR or it was for Any Rom?
    __________________
    - My new Project comming Soon
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #52    
    Old November 27th, 2014 (10:29 AM). Edited November 27th, 2014 by FBI.
    FBI's Avatar
    FBI FBI is offline
    Free supporter
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Unknown Island
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1,744
    This is a rather interesting concept. I don't see much practical use, but it's defintely interesting enough for me to check out :D

    Anyways, I looked into the Rare candy routine, and removed the limiter which caused me to run into a "evolution stone" script. I removed that portion as well, and ended up being able to feed a level 100 Pokemon a rare candy.

    The result was rather sad, it did this:


    I'm not too sure why that happened.

    EDIT: I should also mention it's learning moves as if it was level 101. So in theory if you get it to level to "0" like I just did, and it had no moves at 100 it will relearn all the moves in it's move table.

    EDIT2: Hmm alright. So I think this will take a large amount of work, it's not something that will be able to be changed by removing a few limiters. The Pokemon stat calculations and everything are working, however it's reading values from an offset using a level dependant algorithm(I think). As such the experience curves and learn moves and all that good stuff are severely damaged. And we end up with the stat gains messed up:


    Bottom line: Give up :D
    __________________
    ...
    Reply With Quote
      #53    
    Old November 28th, 2014 (6:58 AM).
    PSYqualiac's Avatar
    PSYqualiac PSYqualiac is offline
    King of Eatos!
       
      Join Date: Nov 2014
      Location: I cast the shadow you live in
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 41
      Well, as far as practicality goes, I want to make a 7 region game. Using already released Gens 1-6, and then Gen 7 when it's released. My current project is practice for before then.

      As far as the point of doing this otherwise... For Science! We have pushed to the edge of what we should do... Now let's push past the edge and do the things we shouldn't do! :D
      __________________
      Once upon a time I was Wynchester, then a virus destroyed my old computer. Now I'm PSYqualiac once I finally returned after my own health issues. YAY! I'm not able to log back into my old accounts is why I'm using a new account. (This includes email.)
      Reply With Quote
        #54    
      Old November 29th, 2014 (3:34 AM). Edited November 29th, 2014 by Spherical Ice.
      AkimotoBubble AkimotoBubble is offline
         
        Join Date: Aug 2014
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 48
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
        Excuse me. That offsets is for FR or it was for Any Rom?
        it was for FR and you should do others for example,you should add some other EXP 'table,beacuse the lv101 need new EXP species.


        today i finish this work and it is so hard.
        (sorry i use is a china FRROM)
        __________________
        i am bubble,and sorry my english is not good ......
        Reply With Quote
          #55    
        Old May 14th, 2015 (1:40 AM).
        Criminon's Avatar
        Criminon Criminon is offline
        Pokemon: Aqua Blue
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 240
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by AkimotoBubble View Post
          it was for FR and you should do others for example,you should add some other EXP 'table,beacuse the lv101 need new EXP species.


          today i finish this work and it is so hard.
          (sorry i use is a china FRROM)
          I still can't believe no one has responded to this image yet.
          __________________
          FC: 3582 - 9598 - 9978. Add me!
          Reply With Quote
            #56    
          Old May 15th, 2015 (12:08 PM).
          Deokishisu's Avatar
          Deokishisu Deokishisu is offline
          Mr. Magius
             
            Join Date: Feb 2006
            Location: If I'm online, it's a safe bet I'm at a computer.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 859
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Criminon View Post
            I still can't believe no one has responded to this image yet.
            Because that hacker can humble brag all he or she wants with the image, if anything is to come of that information, we need the source code/the edits that were done.
            Reply With Quote
              #57    
            Old May 15th, 2015 (12:39 PM).
            Criminon's Avatar
            Criminon Criminon is offline
            Pokemon: Aqua Blue
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 240
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
              Because that hacker can humble brag all he or she wants with the image, if anything is to come of that information, we need the source code/the edits that were done.
              I mean they posted some offsets earlier. When looking at them, I wasn't able to make sense of them, but they didn't just post an image.
              __________________
              FC: 3582 - 9598 - 9978. Add me!
              Reply With Quote
                #58    
              Old May 15th, 2015 (5:44 PM).
              HidoranBlaze's Avatar
              HidoranBlaze HidoranBlaze is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2013
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 253
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Criminon View Post
                I mean they posted some offsets earlier. When looking at them, I wasn't able to make sense of them, but they didn't just post an image.
                It's still not the full source code, so until AkimotoBubble posts exactly what he did to achieve this, I will not give two f**** about those images. (I'm also not a fan of increasing the level cap personally, since game balance will be flung out of the window, but whatever)
                Reply With Quote
                  #59    
                Old May 15th, 2015 (7:21 PM).
                mew_nani's Avatar
                mew_nani mew_nani is offline
                Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2010
                  Location: Far Lands
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 1,699
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                  This is a rather interesting concept. I don't see much practical use, but it's defintely interesting enough for me to check out :D

                  Anyways, I looked into the Rare candy routine, and removed the limiter which caused me to run into a "evolution stone" script. I removed that portion as well, and ended up being able to feed a level 100 Pokemon a rare candy.

                  The result was rather sad, it did this:


                  I'm not too sure why that happened.

                  EDIT: I should also mention it's learning moves as if it was level 101. So in theory if you get it to level to "0" like I just did, and it had no moves at 100 it will relearn all the moves in it's move table.

                  EDIT2: Hmm alright. So I think this will take a large amount of work, it's not something that will be able to be changed by removing a few limiters. The Pokemon stat calculations and everything are working, however it's reading values from an offset using a level dependant algorithm(I think). As such the experience curves and learn moves and all that good stuff are severely damaged. And we end up with the stat gains messed up:


                  Bottom line: Give up :D
                  The reason it rolled over to level 0 is because the game doesn't know what to do with a level 101 Pokemon, so it just rolls it over to level 0 and treats it as such. It will also rollover to that level if you get it past level 255, but that can't be changed without changing the maximum variable for levels, so it's an actual hard limit as opposed to this soft limit. Those weird numbers there are the game removing ALL of the stat gains that Rhydon has accumulated and reducing all its stats to 5, and it can't show numbers over 99 so it puts a ? on the first digit to signify that number is over 100.

                  As for getting a Pokemon that's over level 100, it is possible to some extent, I think. In Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow you could do it by making a hybrid with two Pokemon with different experience tables, and you can run into wild Pokemon with levels over 100 through the Old Man Glitch. Granted, if they weren't hybrids they would be reduced to level 100 upon given experience or a Rare Candy but their stats worked just fine, and they didn't really learn any moves past level 100 unless they were glitch Pokemon. I'm not sure if you can get a Pokemon over 100 in Gen 2 but given how arbitrary code execution and glitch research has advanced it's possible for sure. As for Gen 3, I've seen glitch Pokemon at level 127 before. ChickasaurusGL did a video of a subglitch of the original Pomeg glitch, which involved accessing Pokemon beyond the 6th party slot, and it glitched variables in the game to a large extent, including glitching up some battles so that the opponents would both send out Bad Eggs at level 127 or so. Granted they were glitched and their checksums were off making them Bad Eggs but it's certainly possible, and I would definitely look that video up (be warned though, it's long.)
                  __________________

                  I support:

                  R.I.P Isaac J. Southerland
                  1946 - 2017
                  Reply With Quote
                    #60    
                  Old May 17th, 2015 (4:29 AM).
                  You Watanabe's Avatar
                  You Watanabe You Watanabe is offline
                  Yousoro!
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2014
                    Location: Shiganshina District, Wall Maria
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 430
                    I wonder if this went possible. This reminds me Feral Chaos in Dissidia Duodecim. Its level is 130 while highest can be achieve by any player is 100 (but still can be taken down though). Enough of FC or I would get this off-topic.

                    Implementing this idea would touch and/or ruin much at the EXP gaps at each level. Breaking the limiter which only limits to 100 and expanding the EXP gaps table will do much but it will be truly impossible to be done as smooth as silk. I don't know if there are tables for the EXP gap but a certain routine makes it go. The idea next is how much a Pokemon will gain EXP to get to 101 and onwards until 255, and the final level's maximum EXP. I can't imagine if this is easier in trainers just for a while. Wild or any other enemy would too but I can't really imagine if the above 100 user goes to you. This will mess save files too (since that you can edit the amount of EXP in save files using save editor programs like A-Save). Developing this idea will turn very buggy. This idea is ten times ouchy than Touched's Mega Evolution implementation.

                    Just sharing point of views but no need to reply this unless you have to judge something. I'm just saying what would happen. If I'm wrong, I would not delete this message and leave this trashed here.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #61    
                    Old May 18th, 2015 (6:39 AM). Edited May 18th, 2015 by Touched.
                    Touched's Avatar
                    Touched Touched is offline
                    Resident ASMAGICIAN
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2014
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 623
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
                      I wonder if this went possible. This reminds me Feral Chaos in Dissidia Duodecim. Its level is 130 while highest can be achieve by any player is 100 (but still can be taken down though). Enough of FC or I would get this off-topic.

                      Implementing this idea would touch and/or ruin much at the EXP gaps at each level. Breaking the limiter which only limits to 100 and expanding the EXP gaps table will do much but it will be truly impossible to be done as smooth as silk. I don't know if there are tables for the EXP gap but a certain routine makes it go. The idea next is how much a Pokemon will gain EXP to get to 101 and onwards until 255, and the final level's maximum EXP. I can't imagine if this is easier in trainers just for a while. Wild or any other enemy would too but I can't really imagine if the above 100 user goes to you. This will mess save files too (since that you can edit the amount of EXP in save files using save editor programs like A-Save). Developing this idea will turn very buggy. This idea is ten times ouchy than Touched's Mega Evolution implementation.

                      Just sharing point of views but no need to reply this unless you have to judge something. I'm just saying what would happen. If I'm wrong, I would not delete this message and leave this trashed here.
                      Of course there are tables. The level curves are various expontential plots. Since EXP <-> Level conversion is done incredibly frequently it would be stupid not to have precomputed tables. As for "how much" EXP is needed, all you need to do is extend the domain of the curve such that it reaches the new target maximum level. I don't think this idea is impossible at all, just incredibly tedious to implement.

                      Also, what's wrong with my Mega Evolution implementation?

                      EDIT: I realise that I may have misunderstood and that you were saying that my Mega Evolution implementation is tedious to implement - it's not really. The Follow Me is far, far worse. This hack is probably on par with that.
                      __________________

                      A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #62    
                      Old August 26th, 2015 (7:37 AM).
                      AeonPheonix4 AeonPheonix4 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2015
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 11
                        It seems we have some NAYsayers in the audience!

                        Forget them, and follow your dreams. Make an awesome romhack with higher-level Pokemon!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #63    
                        Old May 21st, 2016 (6:40 AM). Edited May 21st, 2016 by Pokemon_XY.
                        Pokemon_XY Pokemon_XY is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2015
                          Posts: 58
                          Let us see if there're no glitches. This is directly ported from LV127patch_beta ver4 for BPRJ by WAON HERE. Some offsets are not found and some are not compatible.

                          EDIT: I've forgotten to mention that the patch is for BPRE, aka English FR.
                          I guess the main part is correct as for now:
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: png MOD127.png‎ (8.0 KB, 223 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          Attached Files
                          File Type: ips Lv127.ips‎ (2.8 KB, 30 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          Reply With Quote
                            #64    
                          Old May 21st, 2016 (2:42 PM).
                          BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                          BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                            Age: 19
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 534
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Pokemon_XY View Post
                            Let us see if there're no glitches. This is directly ported from LV127patch_beta ver4 for BPRJ by WAON HERE. Some offsets are not found and some are not compatible.

                            EDIT: I've forgotten to mention that the patch is for BPRE, aka English FR.
                            I guess the main part is correct as for now:
                            No tutorial or documentation? I downloaded your attachment and the one you linked. Unfortunately, the one by WAON had it's documents messed up with symbols.
                            I wanna know how to do the opposite too like limit the level. :D

                            EDIT: BTW, I tried your patch. No glitches so far. :D
                            __________________

                            Reply With Quote
                              #65    
                            Old May 21st, 2016 (5:04 PM).
                            Pokemon_XY Pokemon_XY is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2015
                              Posts: 58
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRobin View Post
                              No tutorial or documentation? I downloaded your attachment and the one you linked. Unfortunately, the one by WAON had it's documents messed up with symbols.
                              I wanna know how to do the opposite too like limit the level. :D

                              EDIT: BTW, I tried your patch. No glitches so far. :D
                              Yes, the main part shouldn't have any glitches now.
                              WAON is a Japanese, so he didn't use ANSI for text encoding.
                              A solution to this kind of issue is to open the .txt in your Microsoft Word. I've uploaded an attachment in this post, which is the converted document. If you still can't read it, you can open this spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                              LV127patch_beta ver4 for FR 13/09/12 パッチ製作者:WAON

                              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                              ●概要
                              味方及び敵のレベルの上限を127まで拡張。普通に遊ぶ範囲内では問題なく動く(はず)
                              経験値テーブルをいじってないパッチなら多分併用可。

                              まだ思わぬバグが潜んでる可能性もあるので使う際は自己責任で。
                              自己責任で。(大事ry)


                              ●更新履歴
                              13/06/19 ver1 公開
                              13/06/22 ver2 性格補正時にステータスが桁あふれすることがある問題を修正
                              13/07/08 ver3 最初のライバル戦でフリーズする問題を修正
                              13/09/12 ver4 ダブルバトルでのレベル表示の問題を修正


                              ●変更箇所とか

                              ?レベル上限解除
                              0x02150a 64 → 7f 経験値入手画面突入
                              0x0217b6 64 → 7f 経験値入手判定
                              0x0326e2 63 → 7e 上に同じ

                              0x041e3e 64 → 7f 不思議な飴使用解除
                              0x126c16 64 → 7f 上に同じ

                              0x03df72 64 → 7f レベル128以上の時127にする
                              0x040f24 64 → 7f 上に同じ

                              0x136e6c 63 → 7e ステータス画面経験値表示(数字)
                              0x13b1ba 63 → 7e (ゲージ)

                              0x049af2 64 → 7f 戦闘中経験値ゲージ
                              0x03dfde 64 → 7f ボックス内と敵のレベル表示

                              0x047977 d1 → db 戦闘画面のLVの文字表示位置(自分側)
                              0x047991 d1 → db (敵側)
                              0x0479bf d1 → db (ダブルバトル自分側)
                              0x0479d5 d1 → db (ダブルバトル敵側)
                              0x0479dd d1 → db レベルの桁数
                              0x047a06 64 21 → 41 46 レベル101以上でも数字表示

                              0x042da0 00 04 00 0c → 00 00 00 00 性格補正時のステータス桁あふれ防止
                              0x042daa 00 04 00 0c → 00 00 00 00 上に同じ


                              ?経験値テーブル上限数変更
                              0x02f814
                              0x02f91c
                              0x03d364
                              0x040f50
                              0x0497b0
                              0x0e8f98
                              0x0e90a0
                              0x136e92
                              0x13b1d2
                              以上9ヵ所 ca 20 40 00 → 80 20 80 00

                              0x03df5e
                              0x03dfca
                              以上2ヵ所 ca 25 6d 00 → 80 25 ad 00

                              0x02f6b4 ca 21 49 00 → 80 21 89 00


                              ?経験値テーブル
                              0x2104ec~
                              4バイトずつ128個×6種類分


                              ●更なる拡張について

                              一応上限は255まで拡張することは可能ですが、経験値テーブルを空き領域に動かす必要があります。
                              0x2104ecから、レベル0~127までの必要経験値が、100万、60万、164万、105万、80万、125万の順に並んでいるので、
                              それぞれ256個分の領域を確保して貼り付ける。後は参照先 ec 04 21 08 を全て変更すればおk。
                              また、レベル128以上の必要経験値については、自分で打ち込む必要があります。

                              仮に経験値テーブルが拡張できたとしても、ステータスや経験値などが表示桁数の上限を超えるので、
                              表示がおかしくなるなどの問題が考えられます。
                              また捕まえたレベルの表示についても127が上限のようです。


                              ●参考?必要な経験値の計算式

                              ※が拡張した部分 勝手に式を調整したので曲線が歪んで見えますが仕様ですw


                              60万タイプ floor(Lv^3×(100-Lv)÷50) (2≦Lv≦50)
                              floor(Lv^3×(150-Lv)÷100) (50≦Lv≦68)
                              floor(Lv^3×floor((637-10×Lv÷3))÷500) (68≦Lv≦98)
                              floor(Lv^3×(160-Lv)÷100) (98≦Lv≦100)
                              ※ floor(Lv^3×(280-Lv)/300) (100≦Lv≦127)

                              80万タイプ floor(0.8×Lv^3)

                              100万タイプ Lv^3

                              105万タイプ floor(1.2×Lv^3-15×Lv^2+100×Lv-140)

                              125万タイプ floor(1.25×Lv^3)

                              164万タイプ floor(Lv^3×(24+floor((Lv+1)÷3))÷50) (2≦Lv≦15)
                              floor(Lv^3×(14+Lv)÷50) (15≦Lv≦36)
                              floor(Lv^3×(32+floor(Lv÷2))÷50) (36≦Lv≦100)
                              ※ floor(Lv^3×1.6+Lv*400) (100≦Lv≦127)
                              Reply With Quote
                                #66    
                              Old August 5th, 2016 (3:42 AM).
                              NicolasLukas NicolasLukas is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2015
                                Location: Germany
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 136
                                Sorry, that I bump this thread up, but I need information on my project.
                                I know level 127 is pretty high, but why not more?
                                Isn´t it possible to go higher without bugs?
                                Reply With Quote
                                Reply
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:42 AM.