• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega Returns: Vote on stats for Mega Beartic!

Which stat spread should we give Mega Beartic?

• [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9712872&postcount=59"]Option One[/url]

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9713019&postcount=60"]Option Two[/url]

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9713120&postcount=61"]Option Three[/url]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9716078&postcount=64"]Option Four[/url]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9716129&postcount=65"]Option Five[/url]

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Make-a-Mega

mega-evolution-194991.jpg

Make-a-Mega is back at last! Alternating months with the new Alolan Mix-Up series, we'll once again embark upon the task of creating new and exciting Mega Evolutions for the Pokemon that missed out on one in the Sixth Generation.

How This Works

Over a number of weeks we'll work together as a community to create a Mega Evolved form for a Pokemon that doesn't have one yet. Here in Battling & Team Building, we'll decide on changes to our Mega Pokemon's Type, Ability and Stats. Meanwhile, once our Pokemon is selected, a partner thread in Art & Design will go up where the appearance of our Pokemon will be designed.

Decisions here will be made through a series of quick polls. Each week we will have three days of submissions and then four days with the poll up to make our decisions. The poll topics will be as follows

Week One: Pokemon Selection
Week Two: Type Selection
Week Three: Ability Selection
Week Four: Stat Distribution (+100 total)

Rules

To keep things fair and make sure we don't break the games' lore, we'll have some rules to follow.

1. No Legendary Pokemon
2. You may only submit one suggestion for each poll.
3. Don't submit Pokemon that have a Mega Evolution, including ones we've made a mega for already. Let's not give them to Alola forms either.
5. Increase the BST of the base form by 100, no more and no less (don't mention Alakazam, shhh).
6. Try to give some reasoning for your suggestions and feel free to discuss those of other participants.
7. Pokemon submitted must be UU tier or below. The OU Pokemon are good enough already.
8. Have fun. Or else.

With all that out of the way, feel free to start putting some ideas forward!​

Sirfetch’d

How about Beartic? It has a really cool ability, Slush Rush, which we could retain. It has a solid movepool as well! With Hail being pretty useful itself, having a Pokemon that could make use of the hail would really be nice.

Years
Dusknoir gets my vote. It needs something to set it apart from Dusclops, as it just isn't as useful as it's preevolution. It already has great defenses and has good moves to help it, it just needs a bit more in the stat department.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
My vote goes to Scrafty. It really fell from grace after the 5th generation due to Fairies and from huge power creeps, which is a shame because it has a colourful movepool, three great abilities (it could even use Intimidate being Mega-evolving), and a good offensive typing. If it had the stats, I feel it can be more successful.

U-Hacks

A Hacker
Years
I Vote for Togekiss!

She's so cute (A Little Cute) & it must be created a mega evolution of it
Togekissite!

Make-A-Mega!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Voted for Beartic, Togekiss, and Scrafty. Ice-types are rare in OU, so Mega Beartic would make a nice addition. Togekiss is a very unique Pokemon that would be interesting to see more of in OU, though it might be best to give it a different ability for its Mega... Scrafty is interesting too. It might be fun trying to make a Dark/Fighting Pokemon usable in OU.

Sirfetch’d

I voted for Beartic, Crawdaunt, and Togekiss. Like wolf, I think having a good Ice type in OU could be really useful due to how good that type is offensively. Most Ice types are extremely underwhelming so Ice Beam coverage is just used. Having a fast physical Ice type could really shake things up. Crawdaunt is also interesting. It's extremely powerful but held back due to it's pitiful speed. It has a good boosting move in DD so maybe just a slight boost in speed, some extra bulk, and a small tune up to it's attack could really make it a viable mega. Togekiss just seems fun and has a load of possibilities. I'd rather change up it's ability though.

Years
I'm really starting to get behind Mega-Beartic here ngl. An additional type wouldn't be a bad idea, but I feel like the Ice-type definitely needs more representation since Weavile and (maybe) Alolan-Ninetales are the only Ice mon worth a damn in OU.

It's got access to some pretty good/powerful moves too Icicle Crash, Thrash, Superpower, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Play Rough, Stone Edge, Surf etc.

Sirfetch’d

Fighting would be a cool secondary typing, IMO. While it would give Beartic additional weaknesses, it would neutralize it's Stealth Rock weakness, which is important. It would also power up Super Power to extremely high levels and allow Beartic to break through Steel Pokemon a bit easier.

...if Beartic wins 8D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Ice/Water could work well with Aqua Jet. Beartic doesn't learn Waterfall, but it might not need it. Icicle Crash / Superpower / Aqua Jet / Swords Dance. It also fits with Beartic's design since it's a polar bear, has Swift Swim, learns Water moves, etc. Ice/Fighting is more unique. However, none of the Ice/Water Pokemon are viable in OU anyway.

Years
Honestly, Ice/Fighting and Ice/Water were my preferred options anyway so I'm not throwing anything else in as a suggestion :')

Sirfetch’d

Those are the only two combinations that make sense. It gets Fairy and Dark type coverage, but Ice/Dark is would just be a worse Weavile and Ice/Fairy would stack the same weaknesses and Ninetales and just doesn't make sense for Beartic.

Years
Those are the only two combinations that make sense. It gets Fairy and Dark type coverage, but Ice/Dark is would just be a worse Weavile and Ice/Fairy would stack the same weaknesses and Ninetales and just doesn't make sense for Beartic.

Before I forget, could you archive the current poll.

Back