• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
Do you have to edit the ini file just to add more pokemons, items, etc.? nvm.. i found it
Can I add an individual ini file to my hack? (Bcos I edited the Rom Code of my hack with RHEA)

Normally, if you the Rom code is edited, G3T will automatically prompt you to create an individual ini.

Xerslash

To be, or not to be..
Years
Hello! Me again.
Do you know about Mr. DollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase for Pokemon Firered?
You see, he has an ini that replaces your original roms.ini for his rom to be able to edit it with your tool.
But when I loaded the rom, it say that the rom is unsupported. Why did that happen?

I decided to ask also here because maybe there is a problem with your tool. I thought that you could help me.

And thank you for the tool! I don't understand the Anti-Exploud tool though.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Hi, I've noticed a few things with your tool.

The saving mechanism isn't cohesive with the rest of my (or anyone else's) development environment. At the bare minimum you should implement a normal ROM saving mechanism with a button or the like as I cannot stand having my things saved live.

Speaking of saving, your tool (unlike HackMew's A-Trainer) refuses to share the ROM with Advance Map, XSE, and the like. It's my understanding that's just poor programming on your part, I hope you can figure out how to have it passively edit the ROM. By the way, I also strongly advise you have the program open the ROM file at save time instead of when you start the tool so changes made by other tools will not conflict with its own. Again, Advance Map and XSE do this.

Just some criticisms, and suggestions. Hope they help.

Years
The Rom is opened whenever the saving function starts, unlike many if the tools you mentioned.
It's not my fault if XSE and A-Map "lock" the rom blocking all other tools, and not only G3T, from accessing it.
Hackmew's A-Trainer's uses a method I dislike! I prefer live saving, personally.

Thanks for calling it poor programming, such insult definitely encourages me spending more time working on the tool.

Years
It's my understanding that's just poor programming on your part

Just some criticisms, and suggestions.

This isn't the constructive "criticism" that is useful. Kurapika is providing us all with a free, incredibly useful tool and I have never understood why anyone thinks it is okay to be so demanding and negative to someone who is going out of their way to help others.

Keep at it Kurapika, and know that the community supports and appreciates your work :)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
This isn't the constructive "criticism" that is useful. Kurapika is providing us all with a free, incredibly useful tool and I have never understood why anyone thinks it is okay to be so demanding and negative to someone who is going out of their way to help others.

Keep at it Kurapika, and know that the community supports and appreciates your work :)

I really dislike that the tool utilizes .NET, for two reasons: first, no cross-platform support (and a mess with Mono at best), and second, it's a layer on top of Win32, which is impossible to port and has a nightmare of an API.

The saving mechanism the tools use doesn't make much sense, and I mentioned that. To be honest as well the visual design of the tools are rather unappealing, and could stand to be overhauled completely with panes/containers to as to allow logical resizing (it's apparent all of the objects were just plopped into the window). The colours and fonts used in the GUI are really an eyesore as well; it's probably best to stick to standard controls/fonts for the users' sake.

It'd also be worth the developer making a plugin system and also licensing G3T as free software, so as to further innovation and collaboration in the community. Right now there's no modularity, an icky GUI, a near-broken I/O interface, and it's all on .NET. There is a lot of room for improvement.

I would suggest working with Glade and GTK+ in C, or C++ if you're comfortable with that. Also, look into GLib for a better cross-platform "standard library." Hope I helped.

The Rom is opened whenever the saving function starts, unlike many if the tools you mentioned.
It's not my fault if XSE and A-Map "lock" the rom blocking all other tools, and not only G3T, from accessing it.
Hackmew's A-Trainer's uses a method I dislike! I prefer live saving, personally.

Thanks for calling it poor programming, such insult definitely encourages me spending more time working on the tool.
You should have the mind to know that this isn't some personal bout. You need to absorb criticism if you want a decent tool.

And I'm sorry, but your users' preferences trump your own. That's why they're the users, if you want to make the tool popular you have to cater to them. Just saying.

Advance Map and XSE do not "lock" the ROM. Your program doesn't know how to access it properly, else how would XSE and A-Map get along? They have a proper system and for me (and likely others) to continue using your tool you need to implement one as well.

Years
I tried using the tools on my mac with wine, and it works only the first time I pull it up. Any idea why this is happening or how to solve it?

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2019
I tried using the tools on my mac with wine, and it works only the first time I pull it up. Any idea why this is happening or how to solve it?

(First Post ever. Let's Go...)
Well, the way I have solved this issue is through winebottler. Firstly, if you don't have it, refer to this link: winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Anyhow, you have to open the G3T exe file, then you will see a prompt...select the option saying "Convert to...with Winebottler"
From there, you should model the options as follows (I circled the stuff you SHOULD care about; btw, I'm using Winebottler 1.7.37).
View attachment 75008
When the .NET Framework 4.0 stuff pops up, just install and continue.
You will now have an .app file with the name you decided to give it.
Open that file, wait just a bit, and boom. You got a functioning G3T. :)

Years
Anyhow, you have to open the G3T exe file, then you will see a prompt...select the option saying "Convert to...with Winebottler"
From there, you should model the options as follows (I circled the stuff you SHOULD care about; btw, I'm using Winebottler 1.7.37).
View attachment 75008
Whoa. Thanks a bunch man

Love these tools. I've got a question about Anti-Exploud and a suggestion for a new tool.

Does Anti-Exploud search+replace to decapitalize, like I presume it does? Or did you comb through the ROMs and note where the text in stock ROMs are and limit it to those offsets? EDIT: I guess this would be controlled by the user with the start and end offsets option.

As for my suggestion, a Font Editor. Font editing is tedious and awful for everyone, and FontEd with the EliteMap package only works with RS, even if you correct its ini for the other games. Having a reliable font editor for the other games would be a godsend, and its one of the only tools that isn't really available. diegoisawesome has posts up with the offsets of font graphics and the font width table for all games in one of his threads, if you need the offsets. Again, would be awesome if you wanted to tackle this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 18, 2017
(First Post ever. Let's Go...)
Well, the way I have solved this issue is through winebottler. Firstly, if you don't have it, refer to this link: winebottler.kronenberg.org/

View attachment 75008

Woah! This worked great! Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Hi Kurapika, firstly thanks a lot for your tool, it is awesome.

I come here because I have suggestions to make it even better :
-Your Anti-Explound is a very good tool, fast and practical. Could it be possible to make it works in the reverse sense ? Like, I have a bunch of Hexadecimal bytes, and I want to convert them in text, would be very useful.
-Could it be possible to make abilities name/description editable ? Like for move/pokémon ?
-And I think there's already people that asked to implement the HM/TM learning for pokémon, I either think this is a good idea.

Of course those things take time to code, so I don't want to push you, but if you have some time, please think about these ideas :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is it just me?
Spoiler:

Or is the tool not allowing me to choose a Contest Category?
Note: Tested it with G3T 2.9.1 and a clean Ruby ROM.

I tried with an older version (G3T 2.7) and the drop-down selection is working fine. :/
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I have another request : Could it be possible to make special 1/2 and type names editable in item editor ? Like I created Life orb boost and I would like to edit the number 67 in "Life orb".

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I have a request: I think it should have an option on Pokemon Editor which format of moveset table you are using since there was a new format of moveset table that supports more than 512 moves. If you are familiar with this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479, then you should understand what I mean. I guess it should be a priority now. Hope you will work on this soon.

Years
I have a request: I think it should have an option on Pokemon Editor which format of moveset table you are using since there was a new format of moveset table that supports more than 512 moves. If you are familiar with this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479, then you should understand what I mean. I guess it should be a priority now. Hope you will work on this soon.

LOL ! It is already implemented since its release. You just need to edit the .ini file appropriately, adjusting the value of NumberOfMoves to the size of your table.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Can you bring back the showing all byte value options in comboboxes (such as with types)? That was one of my favorite features. It would certainly be much more convenient than having to dig through the .ini all the time.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
LOL ! It is already implemented since its release. You just need to edit the .ini file appropriately, adjusting the value of NumberOfMoves to the size of your table.

Well. What I mean is Jambo's Move Hack. The Pokemon's learnset per move is 01 00 12 (Pound Level 18) which having three bytes per move/level instead of the vanilla 01 12 / two bytes.

Back