• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Breeding is still in the same place as vanilla Firered -- Four Island. It's inaccessible in the current version. Once that is moved around, I'll definitely be adding Ditto to facilitate breeding.
I'll be crossing my fingers for that second quest and for the breeding, then!

I'm going to Viridian Forest so far, taking it easy and trying to get some EVs while I go. It's pretty fun to play so far, so good job! If I find anything odd, I'll let you know!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Holy cheese balls this is awesome, if I start a game now and you come out with an update later, will I be able to use my old save or will I have to start over an entirely new game?

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Holy cheese balls this is awesome, if I start a game now and you come out with an update later, will I be able to use my old save or will I have to start over an entirely new game?

Just keep your save, patch to a new rom, make sure the new rom has the same name as the old one you used, and the save should be compatible with that one.

By the way, Mystery Man, Tornadus and Thundurus appear in thunderstorms, not just regular rain, right? Because it's just raining in route 21, but there is no Thundurus.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Playing as Red is better. :P
As for final opponents, maybe the protagonist of Black & White; like Red, they are known to be masters of their generation. Ideally, after the second quest, much like GSC. At this time, though, I would rather not add any stronger opponents.

If I do decide to complete the Sevii Island's quest, all 6th generation legendaries will be in, including Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion (which I could see resting on Mt. Ember in Moltres' place). That certainly is an interesting idea, since the two legendaries move energy around. It seems fitting.

Yeah, it certainly is Dark Pulse. I shall get to correcting that soon. Thank you!

Thank you. :)
As of right now, it is only 5th generation Pokemon. I have no plans of adding any Pokemon from prior generations except for maybe Ditto for breeding reasons.

Thank you!
Gurdurr, as well as other trade evolutions, evolve by use of the Trade Stone. A second stone merchant that sells that stone, as well as a few others, can be found in Saffron City, in front of the Poke Mart after you have defeated Team Rocket.

The Lucky Egg can be obtained after you defeat Team Rocket at Silph Co. Talk to the president's secretary for it.

The Dawn Stone, as well as a few others, can be bought at the Celadon department store.

Thanks for the answer, i found the trade stone with the merchant in front of Zaffron market, but the dawn stone isn't anywhere, lol. Not the department Store of Celadon (has the regulars and a shiny stone) and neither the guy in Zaffron.

Juts got my Conkeldurr so i'm happy, hey!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Outside of Mt. Moon, I caught a Munna and, while training, I got to battle a Timburr. No trouble, since Munna has psywave - except that psywave wasn't super effective on the Timburr. Psybeam is super effective, however, so I assume it's only psywave.

Edit: checked the moves description's, and here's Safeguard's -
The foe is attacked with a shock wave generated by the user's mouth.
Here's Shock Wave's -
The user crashes into its target, damaging the user a little.

These are the weird ones I've found so far, but I'll let you know if I find more.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Psywave was always neutral on everything :V It's damage is based on some crazy calculations and RNG.
I just checked and you are right. I guess I forgot about it? I'm sorry whoa- thank you so much for correcting me!

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Version 0.92 is up. It's only fixes and wild Pokemon location changes. Specifications:
Spoiler:

I test it. And It was amazing dude... I hope that you continue work on it.

Thank you. I certainly do have plans of continuing this project!

Just keep your save, patch to a new rom, make sure the new rom has the same name as the old one you used, and the save should be compatible with that one.

By the way, Mystery Man, Tornadus and Thundurus appear in thunderstorms, not just regular rain, right? Because it's just raining in route 21, but there is no Thundurus.

That is correct. It no longer rains in that route in the current version to make it easier to hunt Thundurus and avoid any slight confusions. It's something I did in the very beginning to make that route a little tougher, but even then, the trainers can so easily be avoided.

Thanks for the answer, i found the trade stone with the merchant in front of Zaffron market, but the dawn stone isn't anywhere, lol. Not the department Store of Celadon (has the regulars and a shiny stone) and neither the guy in Zaffron.

Juts got my Conkeldurr so i'm happy, hey!

Now that I remember, Dawn Stone isn't in the game because none of the 5th generation Pokemon use it. The Sun Stone is the one that evolves Cottonee (and Petilil). It is now available in the Celadon department store. :)

Outside of Mt. Moon, I caught a Munna and, while training, I got to battle a Timburr. No trouble, since Munna has psywave - except that psywave wasn't super effective on the Timburr. Psybeam is super effective, however, so I assume it's only psywave.

Edit: checked the moves description's, and here's Safeguard's -
Here's Shock Wave's -

These are the weird ones I've found so far, but I'll let you know if I find more.

This actually led me to finding more move description errors. Many moves that used to be TMs (i.e. Shock Wave) had their descriptions edited when I was editing TMs. Their attack descriptions should now be fixed. Thank you!

Boooooom!
Amazing :D

Thank you.

How can we change the battle mode from SET to SHIFT, because some people like to play the SHIFT battle mode.

It's Set for now because of the battle facilities -- I think they would feel less proper without it. I also like the added difficulty of this mode. Only when it becomes "toggleable" will I bring it back. :3

I'll definitely let you guys know if their comes an update where you wouldn't be able to use a previous save. I have no plans of doing that in the foreseeable future.

I'll be crossing my fingers for that second quest and for the breeding, then!

I'm going to Viridian Forest so far, taking it easy and trying to get some EVs while I go. It's pretty fun to play so far, so good job! If I find anything odd, I'll let you know!

I might just move it to an earlier point. The entire reason Firered had their breeding facility all the way in Four Island was because of baby Pokemon not being in the Kanto Pokedex, or so I would think. Since no 5th generation Pokemon have baby Pokemon in the 6th generation, I could settle for earlier. Maybe around Celadon City?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
This actually led me to finding more move description errors. Many moves that used to be TMs (i.e. Shock Wave) had their descriptions edited when I was editing TMs. Their attack descriptions should now be fixed. Thank you!
I'm glad it helped!! I'm taking a break now and I'm kind of slow with playing, but if I run into anything else, I'll let you know. I already updated the game, so I'll be keeping an eye out when I play!

So far, the hack has been really enjoyable, and the difficulty has been wonderful in my opinion - I haven't been forced to grind for hours before facing an important battle, as some other hacks have made me do, but I can see how the difficulty is growing and how it'll be harder soon, and all of it is really enjoyable. You've done a great job!

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
More thoughts (got past Victory Road):

From hitting Cycling Road after Pokemon Tower up until beating Silph Co, the level curve seemed to move a bit faster than I did. I finished Pokemon Tower with levels around 36 to 38, but the bikers in Cycling Road had 38s to 40s. I used the VS Seeker a lot to try to catch up around that time.

The Lucky Egg is very useful, by the way. I feel caught up now! :)

Simisear gets Fire Blast at level 34. While its accuracy still isn't that great, its still better than stuff like Hydro Pump and Thunder, and 110 power STAB attack doesn't suck. It probably should be changed to another fire move that doesn't destroy stuff as much, but I abused Fire Blast... ehhhh.

The Flash Cannon tutor teaches Fire Punch instead. That's odd.

The Audino grind spot below Pallet Town is a bit below level, because it's only accessible when the party is around late 40s, but Audinos are only in the 30s. I would make it a bit earlier; maybe there could be an NPC blocking the way that would disappear later on in the game.

Also, question: where's the Focus Blast TM? I have a Nasty Plot Simisear, and Focus Blast would be very useful. It doesn't get too much else on the special side.

That's all I have for now. I'm really enjoying this game, and I will be done with the E4 soon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
I believe someone allready mentioned it mate, but there is a minor glitch on the right trainer on the Cycling road, just when u enter to it. The trainer has a Sandile then u end it it but the next pokemon appear in front of him, so u end up seeing two pokes one being a Sandile.

Is there any place with Audinos now? lol. i really loved the route to train all of my babies with Lucky egg.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2016
There's a spot south of Pallet Town with level 30-40 Audinos; s'been there since the first version.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
This is so far what I have fixed/changed for the next update:
- The Pansear line now learns Flamethrower at Lv. 34 and Fire Blast at Lv. 50.
- The Champion now has a Whimsicott instead of a Ferrothorn if you choose Tepig as your starter.
- Genesect can now learn TMs.
- The Flash Cannon move tutor now teaches Flash Cannon like it is supposed to.
- Added more Audino to routes 14 and 21. They will be the best Audino grinding places in the next version.

I'll upload the next version the next time I post. There's a few things I want to add first of all.

I'm glad it helped!! I'm taking a break now and I'm kind of slow with playing, but if I run into anything else, I'll let you know. I already updated the game, so I'll be keeping an eye out when I play!

So far, the hack has been really enjoyable, and the difficulty has been wonderful in my opinion - I haven't been forced to grind for hours before facing an important battle, as some other hacks have made me do, but I can see how the difficulty is growing and how it'll be harder soon, and all of it is really enjoyable. You've done a great job!

Thank you! A little bit of grinding might be entailed mid-game and for the Elite Four challenge, but I did make sure the player had plenty of options to optimize their team.

More thoughts (got past Victory Road):

From hitting Cycling Road after Pokemon Tower up until beating Silph Co, the level curve seemed to move a bit faster than I did. I finished Pokemon Tower with levels around 36 to 38, but the bikers in Cycling Road had 38s to 40s. I used the VS Seeker a lot to try to catch up around that time.

The Lucky Egg is very useful, by the way. I feel caught up now! :)

Simisear gets Fire Blast at level 34. While its accuracy still isn't that great, its still better than stuff like Hydro Pump and Thunder, and 110 power STAB attack doesn't suck. It probably should be changed to another fire move that doesn't destroy stuff as much, but I abused Fire Blast... ehhhh.

The Flash Cannon tutor teaches Fire Punch instead. That's odd.

The Audino grind spot below Pallet Town is a bit below level, because it's only accessible when the party is around late 40s, but Audinos are only in the 30s. I would make it a bit earlier; maybe there could be an NPC blocking the way that would disappear later on in the game.

Also, question: where's the Focus Blast TM? I have a Nasty Plot Simisear, and Focus Blast would be very useful. It doesn't get too much else on the special side.

That's all I have for now. I'm really enjoying this game, and I will be done with the E4 soon.

The levels rise a lot at that point because of the amount of trainers available on both paths to Fuchsia City. In my experiences, going through both paths brought my levels up to par with Koga. Silph Co. also has plentiful amounts of battles. The next version will have an Audino grinding spot on Route 14 in the event it becomes slightly difficult to catch up at that point. :)

Simisear now learns Flamethrower at level 34 and Fire Blast at level 50 (or somewhere around that).

The Flash Cannon tutor has been fixed!

Unfortunately, I removed the grinding spot in 0.92 to make place for some Pokemon that evolve late (despite them already having places somewhere else.) The Audino will be back, full time and at higher levels, in the next version.

The Focus Blast TM should be in the Seafoam Islands.

Thank you for the feedback! You've brought a lot of issues to my attention that I had completely overlooked, so that's greatly appreciated. :)

This hack looks good. i wanna try it but i don't like the force set battle style. can you at least make a separate patch with shift mode?

Eh... maybe. The prime reason it is like that is because of the post-game battle facilities. I did attempt to make some accommodations due to forcing Set mode. One of them is the early Exp. Share, since Set mode does make it slightly more difficult to train. I don't think I'll be doing this any time soon though. :(

Only Gen 5? 494-649? (prior national)

That is correct. ^^

I believe someone allready mentioned it mate, but there is a minor glitch on the right trainer on the Cycling road, just when u enter to it. The trainer has a Sandile then u end it it but the next pokemon appear in front of him, so u end up seeing two pokes one being a Sandile.

Is there any place with Audinos now? lol. i really loved the route to train all of my babies with Lucky egg.

Hm... that's odd. I think it might stem from a new move. What move did you use against Sandile? What move did Sandile use against you?

I'll add them back in the next version. :)

There's a spot south of Pallet Town with level 30-40 Audinos; s'been there since the first version.

I think I changed the grinding spot to a bunch of Vullaby and Rufflet in 0.92. I'll revert that to how it was initially for the Pokemon that evolve late.

Back