• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

it's been 5 days and i haven't closed my eyes for more than one minute

Years
Have you tried counting yourself?

Seriously though that is not good. I have gone several days with little or no sleep before and it is an absolute killer. There's a reason they use sleep depravation as a form of torture.

Last edited:
Years
it's just a title, i have definitely actually slept! haha

longest i've gone is probably a little over 30 hours before i got home and crashed. was practicing a presentation with a friend all night....

Years
I figured it was ;)

But then again I may be the worst sleeper in the world so I'm a poor judge of what normal people do :laugh-squinted:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm not sure how long I've been able to stay up(think 30 hours was my max) but I may test the limits in the coming days. Found out today that my niece had a fever and was diagnosed with Strep Throat after a visit to the Pediatrician. Seeing as I only just got back from visiting them, odds are I'm going to get the highly contagious infection. Honestly surprised her twin sister hasn't gotten it yet seeing as they share a room.

TLDR: Strep Throat sucks.

Years
4-5 days once a while back when my sleep issues were at their worst. The people in the RPT group chat thought I was going to die.

Years
I think around 3 days; usually because of long haul flights.

This one time I remember was because I knew I was flying the next day so I couldn't sleep (usual for me). The first flight itself was around midnight so that's the night before without sleep and now another night of no sleep as I had to get on the flight at around midnight going from Guangzhou to Paris (I just cannot fall asleep on flights) so that's about 12 hours to Paris, 5 hours waiting there...then another long haul flight to Caracas which is about another 12 hours. I arrived in Venezuela in the afternoon and met my friend at the airport and he says 'ok so I'm thinking we can go to a club later when we get to my city' and I was like...'sure'...then finally after we get home from the club at around 4AM I could sleep (it was still a pretty fun night actually).

Years
nearly 24 whole hours?

idk why, i just never really felt that tired. and i really don't want to stay up that long anyway.

Bay

Years
Hm, maybe somewhere 20 hours or more? One of the first instances was the day I graduated from high school and there was this big graduation party thing for several high schools in Disneyland. Stayed until 5am, didn't crash until I got back home around 7am. There were a few instances in college where I didn't get much sleep either, but I would sneak in an hour or so nap somewhere heh.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Since I have 2 kids I'm gonna say 5 years.

But in all seriousness around 2 or 3 days. When my first child was born he didn't sleep for the first few nights.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I've skipped sleeping some nights if there's something I wanted to watch on TV early in the morning, at times such as 4:00 or 5:00.

Now I would just record it.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Around 42 hours, although that was only because I was awake the whole night due to illness and I can't sleep during the day...and I was still ill anyway. I've done that a few times and I can't say I've ever enjoyed it.

Metriname

its metr
Years
about 48 to 50 hours, i stay up for more time than i should frequently, but this is the farthest i've ever gone

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
hmmm... i'd say about 48 hours? I was spending the night at a friend's house and I didn't sleep and I don't think I had slept the night before. Pretty sure my friend wasn't all too pleased with me or at least told me i was crazy.

Nowadays I can't even imagine going on that long without sleep yikes.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Probably 24 hours, I get drowsy really easily so it's extremely rare for me to pull an all nighter let alone more than 1!

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
When my girlfriend stayed here for two weeks, the whole first four or five days I don't think I slept at all. Maybe a few minutes off and on at night, but I was running on a lot of adrenaline, I've never done that before. Lol But I've always had trouble sleeping, so it's common that sometimes I miss a night of sleep here and there, or sleep poorly for a couple nights in a row.

Back