• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
As a Pokémon fan since the beginning, I was a bit curious about this hack and tried it. And I'm truly thrilled, because it doesn't only plays as a Red/Green/Blue remake, it has some new cool stuff like a second rival with the opposite gender, a underground market, a Pewter Museum hijacking by Team Rocket and the new S. S. Anne. It's a masterpiece of a remake and I'm excited for the full version.

However, I have a small question because of Fire Red/Leaf Green: Will you add the Sevii Islands too? (it doesn't need to be exactly like FRLG).

During the play I found a small, but harmless bug: When I want to watch in Bill's laptop about Vaporeon, his sprite is not seen, only question marks.
The Sevii Islands will not be in the game. The main reason behind this is that there will only be 210 Pokemon available in the entire game, and I want to save most of the Johto Pokemon for the planned sequel. However, there will be a few postgame areas.

As for the bug in Bill's laptop, I noticed that when I was watching TheHeatedMo's playthrough, and immediately fixed it. I don't know if it's worth releasing a Beta 1.2 over though, but I can assure you that it has already been fixed and the bug won't be present in the next release.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
This. Is. AWESOME! I played it all in one sitting! I'm waiting for the complete release, but I'm not going to pressure you, I will be patient for all the time that is needed. A work done calmly and taking one's time is alway better than one rushed, add that this is already GREAT I can't imagin how good the final version will be. I'm rooting for you.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Looking forward to the final release.
What will the planned sequel be, BTW? Or have you not planned that yet? :p

Years
This hack is hands down, one of the best I've ever played. I've never been so excited for a hack like this ever since Dark Rising. That feeling in which everything you do you gotta earn is exactly what Pokemon needs. For example take Team Rocket. Normally in the original games, you have that angry feeling and you end up thrashing them with all your might without them not being able to put up much of a might. This domination concept has finally been laid to rest in this hack. I mean fighting Ariana and the other executive(forgot his name) was really a pain in the butt. It's almost as if they do have a reason to be as confident as they are because this time they can actually back up what they say. Really man, great job. When I saw this game for the first time, which was considerably a long time ago, I decided to wait for the final release but I just couldn't take it anymore. And boy was I not disappointed. Another thing which I gotta say though is that sometimes the characters beside you have mixed personalities. I mean look at Kamon, at 1 point he thanks you for your help and then later on treats you like a jerk and calls you a wimp for no reason. Same thing with Blue, at first he is a jerk as always but then starts being more friendly towards you which was short lived until his encounter with Kamon. All of this just makes it so exciting. As for the 5th gym, Idk why but I think it's gonna be the guy who always stands at the entrance and gives you the fresh water always. Now that I have finally finished my rambling I just wanna say that just keep on doing what you're doing and it will definitely will be something the other hacks should look out for. Also, on a side note that dance with Green made me suspect something, if you know what I mean.. Guess we will all have to wait and see how all of this turns out. Best of luck. If you read this entire post then congrats, you have a lot of patience :P

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
No offense, but Chaos Rush isn't moving fast enough :P

(Then again neither am I since I haven't touched my hack in over a month)

Years

Um, you do realize that a rushed work will always end up being stale right? Let him take his time. That way, he can be at his best and create a masterpiece. Remember, patience is always the key to success...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
^ he's right.Chaos take your sweet time and make the game awesome in the end it's gonna be so worth it !!

Years
I found a small bug in Dark Violet Chaos. Even though it is not technically a bug but a typo, when I try to leave the cargo room with the bomb(for comedic purposes) Kamon ends up saying "Red! What are you doing? Do you want all us to die?" Even though it is nothing that serious I just wanted to point it out...

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years

but you can't rush a Masterpiece...so let him take his time
(he might be busy with his Personal Life & stuff)
Um, you do realize that a rushed work will always end up being stale right? Let him take his time. That way, he can be at his best and create a masterpiece. Remember, patience is always the key to success...
I agree , A Masterpiece Like this, Can't be done. Not without Patience:)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
Just finished the Beta version of the Game. And, it's amazing. Loved it. The colors, maps, gameplay, everything is well done. I was really impressed by the SS Anne. Now... that is a real ship.

Also, I found a small error in one of the rooms of SS Anne. I forgot to take a picture, but it's the last room on the bottom right. If you go all the way to the right, you'll pass through the wall and go to the black "zone". And, also the Vaporean glitch, as said before.

Can't wait for the full release...

And... now... I'm feeling a little sad that there is no Ditto yet. Since the DayCare is on. Having the Ditto would mean a few eggs made, like: Eevee and Charmander. But... in the end, he will be there.

Years
Another thing which I'm looking forward to about this hack is about Team Rocket's ruthlessness. What they planned to do at S.S Anne was pretty violent as well as their personalities and I can't wait to see who much more brutal they become and finally have that ruthless aggression that they were supposed to have long time ago. Just a random question though Chaos, for the OW sprites of legendaries such as Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres etc, do you plan on using the Fire Red OW sprites or the HGSS OW sprites?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
yes team rocket is way more aggressive,powerful,and worth the time in this game but why is executive ariana's face so messed up? she's so ugly it almost scares me.. She's actually very beautiful in hg ss. so plz fix her for the final release.Please make her look like she does in hg ss but with the black outfit

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I downloaded this last week and I have to say, it is without a doubt going to be unbelievable when it is completed. Everything about it just blows me away.

I'm glad you adjusted the levels of wild pokemon/trainers in different areas. It was annoying in the older games getting through an area (Mt. Moon for example), only to have the same level pokemon on the other side.

I have noticed a couple bugs I've read about in here already but just in case I'll mention them anyway.

1. The Nugget Bridge bug with the Team Rocket member. I'm able to replicate this by simply talking to him over and over. It seems like after battling him his script doesn't change and currently he is just set up to keep repeating the battle over and over.

2. After defeating Misty, she says she is giving you TM03 which contains Scald. It does contain Water Pulse like it should, but she tells the player incorrectly. I think you know this one and have mentioned fixing in the next update before.

Please for the love of God, don't ever abandon this project. I agree 100% when you say this is exactly what Gen I should have been. This is without a doubt, the best Pokemon I have played. I cannot wait until it is completed, and you move on to the Johto region (if that is still your plan, which I hope to God it is).

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2018
Hey can someone help me? i am having an issue with opening Pokemon Dark Violet in YAPE everytime i try to open it. i get this error messege.... ( Error Loading ROM. Error Reading TM Data) Why is this happening and what can i do to resolve it. Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
i like this hack :D , but in the end of the beta i have only 3 pokemons :( charizard level 40 , nidoking level 40 and electabuzz level 40 ... this is good team in this beta ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I changed the trees cause I can lolz

The old trees were just a leftover from past incarnations of DarkViolet when I was trying to make the maps super-HG/SS accurate, but it's no longer relevant anymore. I was quite sick of the old trees and they just didn't fit in, so I designed a new tree that's supposed to resemble the round trees in the Japanese Red/Green versions (which was also used in Kanto's tileset in all releases of G/S/C), but drawn in R/S/E style.

I found a small bug in Dark Violet Chaos. Even though it is not technically a bug but a typo, when I try to leave the cargo room with the bomb(for comedic purposes) Kamon ends up saying "Red! What are you doing? Do you want all us to die?" Even though it is nothing that serious I just wanted to point it out...
There's no typo. I just checked his script, it is literally:
= Kamon: [player]! What are you doing?\nDo you want us all to die?

Another thing which I'm looking forward to about this hack is about Team Rocket's ruthlessness. What they planned to do at S.S Anne was pretty violent as well as their personalities and I can't wait to see who much more brutal they become and finally have that ruthless aggression that they were supposed to have long time ago. Just a random question though Chaos, for the OW sprites of legendaries such as Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres etc, do you plan on using the Fire Red OW sprites or the HGSS OW sprites?
Modified FireRed OW's. The HG/SS ones would be completely out style. Even though R/S/E and FR/LG are separate art styles, some things are interchangeable. Emerald used the FR/LG OW of Ho-oh and Lugia for the Navel Rock events.

Although for the Mewtwo OW, I will make a new one because the FR/LG one looks really ugly and sad XD
And for Mew's OW, I will just use the Emerald one.

I downloaded this last week and I have to say, it is without a doubt going to be unbelievable when it is completed. Everything about it just blows me away.

I'm glad you adjusted the levels of wild pokemon/trainers in different areas. It was annoying in the older games getting through an area (Mt. Moon for example), only to have the same level pokemon on the other side.

I have noticed a couple bugs I've read about in here already but just in case I'll mention them anyway.

1. The Nugget Bridge bug with the Team Rocket member. I'm able to replicate this by simply talking to him over and over. It seems like after battling him his script doesn't change and currently he is just set up to keep repeating the battle over and over.

2. After defeating Misty, she says she is giving you TM03 which contains Scald. It does contain Water Pulse like it should, but she tells the player incorrectly. I think you know this one and have mentioned fixing in the next update before.

Please for the love of God, don't ever abandon this project. I agree 100% when you say this is exactly what Gen I should have been. This is without a doubt, the best Pokemon I have played. I cannot wait until it is completed, and you move on to the Johto region (if that is still your plan, which I hope to God it is).
Thanks for clarifying exactly how the nugget bridge Rocket guy bug does, it will be fixed by next release. And yeah I already know about the whole Misty thing, but I don't think it's worth releasing a Beta 1.2 over.

Hey can someone help me? i am having an issue with opening Pokemon Dark Violet in YAPE everytime i try to open it. i get this error messege.... ( Error Loading ROM. Error Reading TM Data) Why is this happening and what can i do to resolve it. Thanks in advance
lol why are you trying to open my hack in YAPE? I want my hack to be played the way I designed it, I don't want people modifying it.

i like this hack :D , but in the end of the beta i have only 3 pokemons :( charizard level 40 , nidoking level 40 and electabuzz level 40 ... this is good team in this beta ?
Well uhh you're overleveled, but I'm going to assume you grinded in the grass lol. But it's not my place to tell you how you should train your Pokemon. EDIT: You also only trained three Pokemon, I want to make it so that the people that like to train 6 Pokemon won't have a hard time that early in the game. Personally, I had four by that point, and my levels were Lv30-33.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
nope , besides electabuzz all my pokemon be in this level because i won every match in the game :D .
sorry for asking but when the second beta will be release ? if i breaking do rule , just ignore the question :P

Back