• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Really looking forward to the regional forms. Btw where will I run into Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2020
Hey man, just want to say I tip my hat off to you for creating what is essentially the apex of emerald romhacks (I especially love the changes you made to the battle frontier). Especially with these uncertain times we're all going through right now, emerald genesis is giving me a good distraction so thanks for allowing me to relive my favorite childhood videogame in an all new way!!

I do have a few questions though:

How long until beta 3 is released?

Will we be able to catch jirachi in it?

And most importantly, will current save files be compatible with beta 3?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Is there a polenon location list? I justed wanted to know if my fav pokemons are here

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
Is there a polenon location list? I justed wanted to know if my fav pokemons are here

The list is available in the download.

Will we be able to catch jirachi in it?

And most importantly, will current save files be compatible with beta 3?

Not the author, but from what I've read so far: Yes, Jirachi will be in. Savegames should technically be compatible, but since events and some mons are changed, it would make more sense to restart. Otherwise you might miss an event, if its meant to be seen early on, and if you caught any of the mons that are replaced in the next beta, you would get funny results.

Really looking forward to the regional forms. Btw where will I run into Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales?

Spoiler:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
So... I'm gonna put this in spoilers. Playing 2.1, btw.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
So... I'm gonna put this in spoilers. Playing 2.1, btw.

Spoiler:

Even more spoiler tags
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
Yeah I felt that having more than 386 Pokemon available in the game was too much for Hoenn. In addition, every other Emerald hack that has expanded the dex removed the the Pokemon's 2nd frame animations. This was something I didn't want to do. The result was that 35 Pokemon from Kanto and Johto had to bite the dust for the new Pokemon. I should also point out that I did leave all the Hoenn Pokemon in the game.

I hope this answers your question and you decide to give the hack a go!

Can you tell us which 35 pokemon got the thanos snap?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
Can you tell us which 35 pokemon got the thanos snap?

You can see a list of all included pokemon in the document that comes with the download. I checked it against a list of gen 1-3 and found those missing (but I found only 34 and I'm not going through that list a third time).

Spoiler:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
You can see a list of all included pokemon in the document that comes with the download. I checked it against a list of gen 1-3 and found those missing (but I found only 34 and I'm not going through that list a third time).

Spoiler:

Misdreavus. You're welcome.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020

Spoiler:

Dang, really sucks exeggcutor, tangrowth, jynx, ambipom, miltank, and mismagius aren't included, they are all my favorites to use. Weird that such strong pokes didn't make it but weakmons like corsola and delibird did.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Dang, really sucks exeggcutor, tangrowth, jynx, ambipom, miltank, and mismagius aren't included, they are all my favorites to use. Weird that such strong pokes didn't make it but weakmons like corsola and delibird did.

First of all, I hope you understand my rationale behind cutting Pokemon in the first place, it's just unfortunate that your favorite guys had to bite the dust. If it makes you feel any better, Corsola was cut, and Delibird has been cut in Beta 3 anyways.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
I highly recommend this hack. Hillsy has done a fantastic job at staying faithful to the original Emerald while also carefully implementing his own unique take on the game. The tiles are beautifully done and glitches are extremely rare. I'd go as far to say this is the most professionally done Emerald remake of all time. If you're looking for a high-quality adventure through Hoenn with hundreds of improvements and faithful surprises, this game is for you.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I highly recommend this hack. Hillsy has done a fantastic job at staying faithful to the original Emerald while also carefully implementing his own unique take on the game. The tiles are beautifully done and glitches are extremely rare. I'd go as far to say this is the most professionally done Emerald remake of all time. If you're looking for a high-quality adventure through Hoenn with hundreds of improvements and faithful surprises, this game is for you.

Means a lot coming from you mate! When it's all said and done and I reflect on this project, you will definitely be someone I remember that really helped me out a lot along the way. Its comments like these that make me want to keep working on the hack and continually improving it. Watch this space people, because I plan on making beta 3 the best version of the hack yet. Look forward to seeing it out sometime before the end of the year!

Back