• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
Nevermind my above question.

Can anybody tell me how to give badges or atleast the ability to use surf.

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
i have i promblem im trying to give a bulbasaur but it wont work heres the script

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x232
if B_true goto $gotit
message $q
boxset 6
givepokemon 1 5 0
setflag 0x232
release
end

#org $gotit
message $hi
boxset 6
release
end

#org $hi
$hi 1 = Hello, how's bulbasaur doing?

#org $q
$q 1 = wow you seem like a good trainer.\pi think bulbasaur would be\nhappier with you.

p.s good morning well at least here in Nova Scotia its morning.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I see no problems in your script. However, I recommend you change the B_true unto b_true

that may be it.., I think...

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
ok i think the promblem is i dont no how to use pokescript and the map i use is advance map o and i have to go to school be back in three hours

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
after saving your script with a '.rbc' extension, simply press left key on the script file and there will be a pop-up menu, and there, click 'Compile' and there, you're done... :\

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
i mean i know nothing like i suck at scripting so im trying to use pokescript but it makes no sence

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Hello, everyone!
First off I must say:
A moderator really needs to moderate in this thread!
But if that's not possible, I'll say this:
This is not a request/game question/map question/other question thread! This is a scripting thread!

For you guys who don't even know how to script, read the tutorial before asking questions!

And most importantly:
ASK ABOUT THE SCRIPTS I WROTE, NOT ONES FROM OTHER TUTORIALS!!!!

If you're asking a question about scripting for a script you wrote, ask it somewhere else!

And here's a tip:
When checking a flag, use this command:
Code:
checkflag 0x
if 0x01 goto $set
And for compare LASTRESULT, use this:
Code:
message $1
$1 1 = Do you want this?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 goto $yes

And yes, it's okay to define something after you wrote the command.
Ex:
Code:
applymovement 1 $right
$right 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000

Ex:
Code:
message $1
$1 1 = Hello!
boxset 6

Last edited:

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
nevermind i fergerd it out with a video on youtube

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
^pokemongemmine DOT nl
Can't post links yet -_-'

Anyway, is there any list of commands with certain sounds that can be played through the scripts?
Sounds being from attacks or moving boulders, etc.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I think it's short for "Set Variable", but I'm not sure what that means. The numbers are probably for setting that, just like a Set Flag. Besides that, I can't help you.

Oh, Foullump, this tutorial is great! Hey, I'm starting to learn more and more with this, it's very helpful. Thanks for putting this here! ...So far I'm still learning to do Apply Movement scripts...

You are right, though there is much more to a setvar command than you think, there are heaps of different and long commands to back it up.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but there are things like "copyvarifnotzero"

Though this tutorial is outdated, it is pretty helpfull.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2008
Ok I am new to this site a COMPLETE N00B at scripting but am very detirmined to make some dude (idc who) walk up to the player's sprite and give him a pokemon but it should be a yes or no b/c there will be three I plan to make them all check the same flag so you can only get one of the three pokemon (likely a hoenn starter) so if I could like get someone to literally walk me through it I think I would be able to understand give pokemon and moving scripts THANX ahead of time (if helped ;p

Years
foullump can u please bring out pokemon white i keep watching your videos on youtube and ncraze.4.forumer.com is closed down remember im pokemon whites biggest fan can u sort somthing out please

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
FOLLUMP INPORTANT MSG

follump i have a problem that ive tryed to see you about for 1 year and i cant see you about it if your pm is down its inportant that we speak in privet because this is for me and you please open your pm system so we can talk about it

Reaper 6

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
follump i have a problem that ive tryed to see you about for 1 year and i cant see you about it if your pm is down its inportant that we speak in privet because this is for me and you please open your pm system so we can talk about it

Please follump open your pm box that way i can descuss this with you

Reaper 6

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
yesi do hope because follump needs to hear me out ive held info for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back