• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Or a special Pokemon like spiky eared Pichu.

They are going to distribute Deoxys... chances of Hoenn remakes is decreasing.

Deoxys wouldn't matter for remakes. Deoxys is Event only so it wouldn't appear in game and has very little influence upon remakes or lack of there of. So even if we had remakes you can't get Deoxys outside of download events.

Years
It's true, many legendary Pokemon have become available, mostly from 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations. That doesn't point towards anything however, and can I remind everybody that most of these if not all events are in Japan, not world wide?

Not to mention Legendary giveouts are a common occurence, and not everybody can connect to the internet with their DS's in order to get those said Pokemon. Are we to cancel them out?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Hm...

Rayquaza was a post-game event in Ruby and Sapphire, then was featured more prominently in Emerald

Giratina was a post-game event in Diamond and Pearl, then was featured more prominently in Platinum

Kyurem was a post-game event in Black and White, then was featured more prominently in Black 2 and White 2

I'd love to see Pokemon games where the minor legendaries are given more background

Mewtwo, Mew, Lake trio (Although they do help during the main story in DPPt), Legendary Beasts/Birds (Although Suicune was a major part in Crystal and side-quest in HG/SS), Muskateer Trio, and more

Maybe Deoxys will be featured in the Mossdeep Space Center?

and make them catchable in-game...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's true, many legendary Pokemon have become available, mostly from 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations. That doesn't point towards anything however, and can I remind everybody that most of these if not all events are in Japan, not world wide?

Not to mention Legendary giveouts are a common occurence, and not everybody can connect to the internet with their DS's in order to get those said Pokemon. Are we to cancel them out?

If its a legend that has nothing to do with any current events, you could question it. Legends are handed out over Wifi because of how few there are compared to getting other Pokemon like Special Pikachus or something. Pikachu isn't hard to get so special ones are slideable. Legends though usually have something going on that they relate to.

Deoxys, as I mentioned before is an Event Only Pokemon so him getting released for an event means that something not really related to the games is coming, possibly Movie or TCG events. But Deoxys itself is Event only so it doesn't relate to any specific game as its not available in any one specific game. So it neither confirms nor denies possibility for remakes.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Just means Viz has started to mutilate more Pokemon Special chapters for release

We'll hopefully get a remake sometime in 2013-14

Years
Found another clever hint.
I was replaying my black 2 version and was arriving at the game freak building for the first time again. There is a guy at a computer desk with a pokeball beside it. Tall to him and he will tell you he is thinking up a new plan for a game. Get the item next to the desk and it is a revive ( also ppretty sure its the first obtainable revive without the dowsing machine at that point in the game)

Thought it was funny and intriguing. What yall think?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That...doesn't really mean much, though. Of course there is gonna be a game after this one, but that doesn't mean he was thinking of RS remakes. The Revive is irrelevant as well.

Years
No offense but if that isnt a hint along with the hanful of new maps that came with bw2 that are almost a mirror of rse map tiles... its game freaks building... the guy is stumbling all over his words and it just so happens the first revive you get is beside the desk of a guy talking about working on a game. Sounda hinty to me.
But then again handfuls of people swore kyurem wasnt going to get a cover game and he wasnt related to zekrom and reshiram... sigh
Pokemon hasnt changed
The fans just outgrew gamefreaks brand of adventure

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm still not understanding how getting a Revive from a man in the Game Freak building is a hint. There are a lot of things that have been posted in this thread that are considered more of hints than that. I understand that "I'm thinking of a game" is a good sign, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's thinking of an RS remake. Could be gen VI, you know. I'd love it if it was an RS remake, but that's not solid enough to mean it's an absolute hint. It's kind of vague, so I'm not taking it as such, along with most of the things pointed out before it.

Edit: Ah. Thinking of a new game. Revive. Reviving a game and making it new. i c wut u did thar. Though I haven't taken anything as a hint so far anyway, so I'm still gonna be stubborn on it lol. Clever observation though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I didn't notice that revive thing...huh.
In the Pokemon Special manga (though this proably doesn't mean much unless they're starting to add hints to the manga like they do with the anime) the GF people in the Hoenn Lilicove hotel turned out to be from Unova and appear in the Unova arc.

Years
This is what the Game Freak guy says: "Now, er, I'm, er... I'm thinking, er, a new plan of, er... Of a game."

Um What? A new plan of a game? If this is a hint towards Hoenn remakes then they must be thinking of how they are going to retell the Story because of Emerald version being the canon game. That's the most probable reason besides creating the plans for the next Generation.

Kanto is a possibility also, but I don't see why they would need to create a new "plan" for it's second remake.

Edit: And I just noticed and wanted to point out, he says "A game" not "games", like what they said in HGSS referencing their own remakes.

2nd Edit: To show what's up with the manga series, the 2nd Generation by Viz Media was released August 2010, the same year as HGSS. Here's my source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Adventures_volume_8

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
This is what the Game Freak guy says: "Now, er, I'm, er... I'm thinking, er, a new plan of, er... Of a game."

Um What? A new plan of a game? If this is a hint towards Hoenn remakes then they must be thinking of how they are going to retell the Story because of Emerald version being the canon game. That's the most probable reason besides creating the plans for the next Generation.

Kanto is a possibility also, but I don't see why they would need to create a new "plan" for it's second remake.

Edit: And I just noticed and wanted to point out, he says "A game" not "games", like what they said in HGSS for it's remakes.
Yeah, it could mean he could either be refering to a none Pokemon game or an Emerald remake...or possibly a last game in Unova aka Pokemon Grey...what if the question mark is meant for the Original Dragon?!

Years
Well i know it could be a hint to any previous games. Heck if 5 months ago i told you that gf was gonna put out a two part follow up for the 3rd gen instalment i would have got laughed at and called crazy. The reason why i lean towards rse is because it would be really convenient for the graphic designers to just touch up over the bw2 package... really the only tiles i see missing g are the rse tiles for that cave with all the lunatone and solrock... plus the old winter house in iccurus town that the ex rocket member was living in in bw has been replaced with an ex magma and ex aqau member in bw2. Not only the tiles butbthey could also manipulate the snow from bw2/bw and that could be sut with just changing itbto a darker grey. Im just saying. It would be easy for them to put out rse. The maps nd sprites are pretty much finished. The pwc has provided the hoenn gym leader sprites an all. Now thwy could turn it over to the script and story development while the graphic te and polemon designers work on gen 6 at the same time... they will be making money while making money from bw2 while still making money from bw all atvthe same time working on making even more money. Thats a business module that i suredyb will fit into those guys work style. Not to try and call them greedy but heck be greedy the more greedy they are the more pokemon games for me :)

Sorry for bad grammar... touch screen

I meant a two part follow up for the 5th gen 3rd installment lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
corocoro011.jpg

I wonder what Kyogre & Groudon being on there is about? So the movie will feature a shiny Genesect. The full title and main movie Pokemon should be revealed in February so we'll have to wait until then, but Im just curious as to Kyogre/Groudon randomly being on there. Can anyone translate what it says about them?

Also, the fact the Manga is being released in 2013 is VERY interesting. What's the point in waiting over 10 years and then randomly releasing it in 2013? It would make sense for them to release it when it'll be getting promotion, and that could be possible if we get the remakes. The fact that the 2nd gen one was released in 2010 the year of HGSS remakes is very interesting too. By no means is anything confirmed, it's just interesting.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Groudon and kyogre are on there because the genesect event takes place right after theirs.

I can see Masuda revealing a genesect event now on smash.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Odd that they didn't hint at a new Pokemon being revealed as if a Pokemon is going to be revealed usually they leave some sort of hint, such as with Zoroark they left a random 'Z' at the end of the title and officially revealed it in February. Guess we'll have to wait and see, February should be the month where we hopefully will completely understand what game is coming next.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Odd that they didn't hint at a new Pokemon being revealed as if a Pokemon is going to be revealed usually they leave some sort of hint, such as with Zoroark they left a random 'Z' at the end of the title and officially revealed it in February. Guess we'll have to wait and see, February should be the month where we hopefully will completely understand what game is coming next.

Yep. I mean this doesnt change that they gotta make something new. Genesect is still the co-star like in every movie, except they figured to make it shiny since its already revealed and in the anime, tcg, and since they cant make it a new forme without games to prolong gen 5.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Yep. I mean this doesnt change that they gotta make something new. Genesect is still the co-star like in every movie, except they figured to make it shiny since its already revealed and in the anime, tcg, and since they cant make it a new forme without games to prolong gen 5.

Yeah that makes the most sense, they need to make the movie 'special' in a sense. If Genesect is already in the anime then people wont care to see it, so having a shiny, extremespeed Genesect in the movie is their way of differing it from the anime to give people an incentive to see the movie. I actually believe this is the first time that they haven't hinted at a new Pokemon in the title, every single time they have revealed a new Pokemon in February for a movie it was already hinted at in December so it's just odd. Could mean no Gen VI Pokemon, but I doubt that. There's no way they'd let Genesect carry the movie alone if its already appearing in the anime, even if it is a shiny one. I guess it's not like they HAVE to hint at a new Pokemon being revealed later - they can just reveal it in February to surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back