• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explore The World~ Flying Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Name: Venitardus
Partner Pokémon: Crobat
Nickname for partner Pokémon: Zuzu

Which is your favorite Flying Pokemon?
Crobat is my favorite because I love the poison/flying typing it has; also It was the first pokemon with the flying type I got to lvl 100. I also love it's evolutionary chain. I mean, sure, when zubat and Golbat are spamming the cave you're in, it gets annoying, but I find it interesting.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which flying type do you think suits the Christmas theme?
Definitely Delibird. It was based after Santa Claus, so... yes. xD It's such an underrated Pokémon though, in my opinion, which absolutely sucks. If GameFreak had given it an evolution (or perhaps even a mega form), I'm sure it would have been a lot popular. If Delibird does end up getting an evolutionary form of sorts at some point in the future, then I hope that it gets to have a bulkier body and more beard. That way, it'd look even more like Santa. Haha.
gotta agree about the evolution...delibird needs one tbh
anyway i found a fake mega delibird ...looks pretty good imo
Spoiler:

Name: Venitardus
Partner Pokémon: Crobat
Nickname for partner Pokémon: Zuzu

Which is your favorite Flying Pokemon?
Crobat is my favorite because I love the poison/flying typing it has; also It was the first pokemon with the flying type I got to lvl 100. I also love it's evolutionary chain. I mean, sure, when zubat and Golbat are spamming the cave you're in, it gets annoying, but I find it interesting.
welcome to the club Venitardus! :D
i really find the poison/flying combination unique...not many Pokemon has that typing.
zubat and golbat are one of the most annoying Pokemon in the games.

Years
Which flying type do you think suits the Christmas theme?

Not much else to say besides Delibird! He's clearly the santa of the group.

On the above note, Delibird's one of those guys I think is really due for a mega evolution (even though it's a new feature hah). They should've focused on giving underrated Pokemon a chance to stand in the spotlight and Deli's one of those guys that would probably be first on the list if that were the case. Perhaps we can start up another topic on flying types and megas now, though? Sounds like a better time than ever. :)

What flying type would you like to see get a mega evolution?

I recall the sixth gen didn't introduce many flying type megas so tell away. Outside Delibird, I'd also love to see Altaria; they can do a lot with her design. Fearow and Pidgeot seem like good candidates, too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If Pidgeot ended up getting a mega-evolution, it'd be quite awesome. I could imagine it to have have bigger wings, longer feathers, and sharper claws. Stats-wise, perhaps it could gain a boost in its Speed and Attack. If it does, it'd definitely be able make to make an amazing physical-sweeper. Alongside Pidgeot, I'd also like to see a mega form for Staraptor.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would love to see Mega Chatot tbh. It's a underrated Pokemon and it definitely need more attention. same goes for Delibird and Butterfree.
I could imagine mega chatot a little bigger in size and his head resembles Crotchet / Quarter note (♩) and stronger compared to chatot as for mega butterfree...its wings bigger and different colors eyes.
I'd also love to see Altaria and Braviary.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
If Pidgeot ended up getting a mega-evolution, it'd be quite awesome. I could imagine it to have have bigger wings, longer feathers, and sharper claws. Stats-wise, perhaps it could gain a boost in its Speed and Attack. If it does, it'd definitely be able make to make an amazing physical-sweeper. Alongside Pidgeot, I'd also like to see a mega form for Staraptor.

I would like to see a Mega Altaria of course :P
It would like kinda cool with even bigger wings and more of a Dragon detail like some Tattoos on it <3 They can also give it a sharp-winged look with sharp and straight wings.............

I'd also love to see a Mega Pidgeot and Mega Staraptor. They would both look cool! Even Skarmory........ It's not been much into focus since it's introduction........... It's one of my favorites

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

I would like to see a Mega Altaria of course :P
It would like kinda cool with even bigger wings and more of a Dragon detail like some Tattoos on it <3 They can also give it a sharp-winged look with sharp and straight wings.............

I'd also love to see a Mega Pidgeot and Mega Staraptor. They would both look cool! Even Skarmory........ It's not been much into focus since it's introduction........... It's one of my favorites
tattoos?.... mega Altaria would look awesome with tattoos..tbh any pokemon would look awesome with some tattoos on it :p

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

As much as I'd love to say mega Pidgeot, I just can't see it as one that'd really get a mega-evolution, and I just can't see it's design being changed either. Like the entire line is probably the most realistic bird line the Pokemon world has so far, and I just feel like they should keep that. I reckon the stronger and more popular Flying types could benefit from mega evolutions though. Like Dragon Trainer mentioned, Altaria, Staraptor and Skarmory could all benefit from a mega-evolution. Especially Skarmory. I feel like they could do a lot with its design, and I think it kinda deserves a boost in over-all popularity. Same thing goes with Altaria, and I just kinda want Staraptor to have one 'cause it's awesome :p

As for the tattoo thing; I'm not really a big fan. I've never really been a fan of anything tattoo-related, but if it's more along the lines of marks like what we saw with Kyogre and Groudon, then I have no complaints :p

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
As for the tattoo thing; I'm not really a big fan. I've never really been a fan of anything tattoo-related, but if it's more along the lines of marks like what we saw with Kyogre and Groudon, then I have no complaints :p
gotta agree the stripes would look nice on Altaria...maybe in dark blue color or something :p

tribal_altaria_commission_by_solitaryessence-d5p3bf7.jpg

How's this one guys?
..the eyes look weird

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
time for a new topic
Which of the starter bird lines is your favourite and why?

Years

Probably a tie between the Fletchling and Starly lines for me. The former gains a useful Fire/Flying-type when it evolves (plus I heard Talonflame is one strong speedy attacker) as well as Flame Body ability which is handy for hatching eggs faster. Starly's final evo Staraptor is very strong, learns Close Combat (oh yeah) and it always makes it onto my team when I play a Sinnoh game.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I'd have to say the starly line. Staraptor has a cool design. It was also my first Pokémon caught in diamond and platinum.

I wouldn't mind seeing Crobat getting one. I would like to see what design it would have. I'd also like to see a Staraptor mega evolution that changes from normal/flying to fighting/flying.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally like the Starly line. They look amazing when it comes to design, and competitively, they're not that bad either. Staraptor's Speed is quite decent and it also has a base Attack stat of 120, which, if you ask me, is a lot. Give it a Choice Band, and it could take down almost any of your opponenet's Pokémon with moves like Close Combat, Brave Bird, Double-Edge, and U-turn. Plus, it's got access to Roost, so it could recover itself whenever it needs to.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years

I prefer the Fletchling and Pidgey lines. Both of these lines are totally awesome. The Fletchling line gives a Talonflame at the end and it becomes Fire/Flying with a great Flame Body ability which was mentioned by Hikamaru.
The Pidgey line was my first Flying Type line and I just love how cool Pidgeot looks. It's also quite powerful with attacks like Close Combat and Brave Bird. The attack stat is also quite high and it is an ideal Pokemon due to it's availability and usefulness........

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wouldn't mind seeing Crobat getting one. I would like to see what design it would have. I'd also like to see a Staraptor mega evolution that changes from normal/flying to fighting/flying.
mega crobat would be nice.

I like the pidgey line mostly because it was my first flying type pokemon and I also like the starly line.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Well I think it's pretty obvious what I'm gonna say. The Pidgey line has and always will be my favourite starter bird line, although I feel like Pidgey might be the one to drag most of the team. Looking at them both design and battle-wise, they honestly aren't really the most appealing. I mean, like I mentioned in my previous post, the line imitates real life birds pretty well compared to some of the others, but that's just kinda dull. It doesn't really give off that much of a Pokemon feel, and it's more like they were just trying to imitate real life animals. But that might've also been the original idea, so it'd make sense if that was the case. But yeah, that doesn't really change the fact that it doesn't have the best design of all :p And battle-wise, even though Pidgeot may not be the worst final-stage starter bird, it definitely isn't the best either, and it can get kinda worn out the further you get into the games. It still manages to stay in the battle though :p

The main reason I like the line honestly, is just because of the nostalgic memories, and how it's pretty much just always been there. I can't remember the last playthrough of any Kanto game in which I haven't caught a Pidgey on route 1 and kept it all the way through, but again, it might be more tied together with how Pidgey's my favourite Pokemon than the entire line in itself.

So throwing personal bias aside, I'm probably gonna have to say the Starly line. I actually really like their design, and battle-wise, Staraptor is probably one of the best birds you can get. I still remember how awesome it was from my few and short playthroughs of Diamond, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that way :p So yeah, speaking more on "which is the better starter bird line", I'm probably gonna have to say the Starly line :)

Years
Name: doomguy
Partner Pokemon: I'd really love my partner to be a Swellow.
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Jet

@Echo I think Delibird needs a real evolution, not a mega... But, I agree that Altaria may be an AWESOME mega!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: doomguy
Partner Pokemon: I'd really love my partner to be a Swellow.
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Jet

@Echo I think Delibird needs a real evolution, not a mega... But, I agree that Altaria may be an AWESOME mega!
Welcome to the club doomguy! :)
delibird needs a evolution that's for sure...but i would love to see a pre-evolution of delibird tbh...it would be like a cute little santa <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back