• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Good point, It's usually the front Generation games that are the testing grounds in terms of graphics for new consoles, in this case it would be 3DS - Gen VI > Remakes. If that means waiting a little longer for the remakes to be on the 3DS, that's alright by me just as long as they get made.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Admittedly I'm a little conflicted about which one I want to come first. If Gen VI comes first, then that means that the Gen III remakes will inevitably be better than if they came out before Gen VI. Still, that means a longer wait...

I restarted my Ruby Version today and I'm having a ton of fun playing it. My internal battery died out on it so the clock-based events don't work, so I'm really eager for a Gen III remake.

My biggest dream is Wi-Fi contests and secret bases and reintroducing the Pokemon following you, with the option to have them follow you or keep them all in their Poke Balls... *u*​

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm doubtful that the Twitter post means anything special, I still feel it's too early for that kind of announcement, but who knows, I could be wrong, but it's more than likely true we won't find out anything until February at the latest

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Proably. Though if they're going for a new gen one year seems like a very little amount of time unless they've been working on them after BW in secret like how work on BW is said to have started after Platinum came out. Same goes with remakes if they're for the 3DS. Though maybe GF can make Kanto remakes and use those for a testing ground for RS remakes and gen 6 (Yes I'm willing to sacrifice Kanto here, always am.)

Rissa_Napier23

The Lass Class Trainer
Years
I'd always assumed that perhaps they'd make some RSE remakes simply for the fact that they remade R/B/Y in the GBA generation. The next thing they remade was G/S/C in the DS gen. I honestly believe it'd only make sense for them to remake R/S/E for the 3DS.

I'd still be upset, though. I still don't have a 3DS. ;~; It'd still have to work for regular DS.

Years
Hmm, It's either logic that it'd be for 3DS and either not

they have like 3 options:
Or they will make a new generation and then remakes for the 3rd 3DS (That leaves gen 5 without a generation remake)
Or they will release it before starting a new generation for the 3DS(would be weird, how will they do a old gen remake for a new system, wouldn't the new Pokemon trainers be confused)
Or they make it for DS and make half of the world happy (but that would make it akward , 2 gen remakes on 1 system eventhough they made 2 generations on 1 system)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'm doubtful that the Twitter post means anything special, I still feel it's too early for that kind of announcement, but who knows, I could be wrong, but it's more than likely true we won't find out anything until February at the latest

Theyve hinted at Zoroark in december those years back.

And its now confirmed there will be big movie news next weeks smash.

blue

gucci
Years
Is the 16th movie focused on Genesect? If so they're most probably divulging into the details of the movies when Smash airs so I can't see room for remake news.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I feel like B2W2 is the last DS pokemon game

they really went all-out on it

loads of legendaries, the PWT, wrapping up Unova (a little sad you can't get Victini even though you can go to Liberty Garden)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I feel like B2W2 is the last DS pokemon game

they really went all-out on it

loads of legendaries, the PWT, wrapping up Unova (a little sad you can't get Victini even though you can go to Liberty Garden)
Nor the Kami trio forcing one to trade with BW or buy the Radar if one has a 3DS.
Most likely this is the end of the 3DS, I see them going on to gen VI, hopefully they take things slowly but not too much that it drags on like IV did.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
random deoxys distribution next week in japan.

Ive had a feeling Deoxys could have something to do with the Genesect movie, but I still think gamefreak is just trolling you guys LOL (or rather making up for no RS remakes that would include it as ingame event.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
That's what I'm thinking too. Deoxys is actually going merchandise promotion going into the new year too which is random, not as much as Rayquaza/Mewtwo/Charizard/Kyurem but it's still going to be getting some merch which is odd. It's event begins the day that Coro Coro is officially released too, it really makes me think it could potentially has some sort of role in the movie. We'll see! Coro Coro should be leaked soon anyway

blue

gucci
Years
Posted by Pokebeach:

Pokemon Smash just finished airing in Japan and revealed that next week there will be "big movie news" announced. You can watch next week's preview below.
Considering that the Oha Suta variety show has always revealed a new Pokemon movie trailer in the early weeks of December before Pokemon Smash or CoroCoro, we can expect the same to happen this year. In 2009, they announced the title of the 13th Pokemon movie and a mysterious "Z," which later turned out to be the first fifth generation Pokemon, Zoroark. In 2010, they revealed Zekrom would star with Victini in the 14th movie. Last year, they revealed who would be starring in the 15th movie and that the preliminary title would be Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman (airing tonight in America).
If a sixth generation is coming next year, as I posited in this article, we can probably expect to see a small hint revealed at some point next week via the Genesect movie trailer. Oha Suta starts at 6:45 AM in Japan, which is 1:45 PM Pacific time. There has been no pattern as to which day of the week Oha Suta reveals a new Pokemon movie's trailer, so we will be watching every day to catch the news. Be sure to keep checking back here for all the latest!

Hmm...
Red & Blue writing below the question mark, Remakes confirmed!

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
This is quite off topic but, in the past when the actual game was a remake, was there any movie introduced along with it? Or none?

This movie could introduce something about Gen 6, but I'm just wondering whether it will be relevant to the remakes..

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
This is quite off topic but, in the past when the actual game was a remake, was there any movie introduced along with it? Or none?

This movie could introduce something about Gen 6, but I'm just wondering whether it will be relevant to the remakes..

There were Johto starters and Pichu in the movie at the time of HGSS, but the crucial role was obviously the most important Sinnoh event legend Arceus.
Now there is no one left to star other than a 6th gen Pokemon.

There was nothing FRLG exclusive in any of the movies around that time, but the anime did return to Kanto for the BF filler episodes.

blue

gucci
Years
The "?" on Smash points towards a new Pokemon being revealed going by previous years but it seems too early to do that, we've only just had B2W2 in October.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The "?" on Smash points towards a new Pokemon being revealed going by previous years but it seems too early to do that, we've only just had B2W2 in October.

Doesn't mean the games have to be even remotely close o_O
Theres always quite some time a few new pokes pop up slowly before.
I mean the earliest would probably be a September release...in japan.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
B2W2 came out in October internationally. The games came out in japan in June. Its been 6 months which is the usual minimum amount of time they give before revealing something new. Just cause its revealed doesn't mean we'll get it within the month (remake or gen 6). If new pokemon, odds are the game will release in june or august which would put B2W2 and it a year a part.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Or a special Pokemon like spiky eared Pichu.

They are going to distribute Deoxys... chances of Hoenn remakes is decreasing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back