• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Meta Journey 3.0 - Art & Writing & Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ah, so much for all of those posts I was saving up in the last Meta Journey. I'm so-so on the new style, because while I like the new random capture system and that the other sections are now included, I feel like Meta Journey as a whole has been dumbed-down a fair bit. I'm not sure whether that was to put everyone together instead of being split into groups like we were, or whether it was to accommodate the other sections. Maybe it was just 'cos. I guess it never needed to be more than a place to cash in your posts, so it makes sense anyway.

My starter Pokemon will be a Cacnea, please!
In Meta Journey 1.0, we were all together in one region! (Johto) We wanted to expand a bit and split up into regions. That was fun, but turned out to be a bit too split. We also figured that the main fun thing about MJ was to collect the pokémon; the RP events we made where you were meant to feature the teams you had gathered in MJ 1 and 2, weren't hugely popular. As such, this puts more focus on collecting, and it's simpler in one way - you need less posts to capture pokémon now (used to be 2 IC posts or 6 Theatre posts) but the captures are random... So it's more exciting and tougher at the same time!

Or so we hope haha <3

Congratulations! You have captured a Cyndaquil!

latest

Bidoof! I choose you!

I shall add ye guiz

Signing up with Oddish! How will evolution work for multi-evo Pokémon?
So far, we've said that you can choose. Would be a bit too harsh if your evolution was random too ;D

Also I'd like to capture a new pokémon! Theatre posts:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9433449#9433449
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9434147#9434147
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9434670#post9434670

I'll let gimmepie generate it for me <3

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Is it time for me to finally join this? I guess I have no excuse that it's not too late for progress now. Plus I can still do stuff in RPT with my MV posts.

For extra fun I'm going to randomly generate 6 pokemon and choose from that, taking the base form if it is evolved.

vA3nde7.png

And as much as I think Honedge is cool, I gotta go with Poliwag, just because I don't give her enough love.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Is it time for me to finally join this? I guess I have no excuse that it's not too late for progress now. Plus I can still do stuff in RPT with my MV posts.

For extra fun I'm going to randomly generate 6 pokemon and choose from that, taking the base form if it is evolved.

vA3nde7.png

And as much as I think Honedge is cool, I gotta go with Poliwag, just because I don't give her enough love.
Poliwag is yours! Welcome c:

Ok Ill be signing up with Charmander
Welcome to Meta Journey! Charmander is yours~

I'll sign up with Zubat
Welcome to the MJ (again) <3

thats so not worth a pokemon

WONDERFUL, here's your Dunsparce sweetie!

tumblr_mrl5heCIKl1sd4mmco1_500.gif

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Sure, why not? I'll take an absol.
I'll add you! Sorry that it took some time c: Welcome to Meta Journey!

I thiiiink we shall not count the RPT DCC haha, just like we didn't in the previous iterations of MJ. Actually, let me add that to the OP.

If those posts counted, you'd fill your dex up in two days, let's face it <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The Bay moved slowly through the grass, towards the source of the rustling noise. There had to be something there. She had waited for this moment for a long time, and now it was finally here. Holding her breath without noticing it herself, she took one step forward. One more. Until...

Spoiler:

You most certainly can! Love the art btw :D
Crawling towards you from behind, mischievous and curious is...
Spoiler:

Rollling so hard without a care in the world until- oof! You rolled straight into a...

Spoiler:

Years

What's this? Your Azurill seems to be evolving!

pokemans_183.gif

Wait what? Again? Well okay!

pokemans_184.gif

Welcome trainer!

One Deino coming right up!

ALL THE SNIP

Oddy decides to go swimming. He puts on a scuba suit and dives down to the coral reef, looking for anything interesting. There's Pokemon everywhere, but there's one that truly catches his eye...

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back