It does. Team Galactic might be gone, but there's a new problem in Sinnoh, though I'm not going to tell what's exactly going on.
Pokémon Platinum is the rom base. The beta goes till Veilstone City. I'll edit the first post with this information.
Please TELL ME how to IMPROVE it. None of them are actually unnecessary in my opinion. And Tyrogue isn't that rare in this game, it can be found in Mt. Coronet. So after catching one, you can immediately evolve it into Hitmontop, ór search for the right gender and then let it evolve @ lv. 20. This is not unnessecary; you can not catch any Hitmonchan / Hitmontop / Hitmonlee in the wild and it's quite tricky to get the right Tyrogue-evolution the original way.
The only thing you need is a Pokémon Platinum Rom (clean and unedited). Everything can be read in the readme, which is attached in the .RAR file.
Thanks a lot for this comment. I used PPRE, which is a great Rom Editing Tool.
I'd like some comments from people that actually played the game and please tell me how to improve it, as well as the things you like!
You can easily do that via PPRE (Maps Section) -- just change the X and Y coordinates. You should watch a Tutorial on YouTube.
EDIT @ 11:09 (AM) (GMT+1): I just finished some more bug testing. I bug tested the game till Valley Windworks so far and even made a lot of changes. For example:
- I completely revamped the first Gym Leader, Dimphy! She now has more text, an own Trainer Battle Sprite and an own Overworld Sprite.
- You'll have to battle Prof. Rowan sometimes!
- People, called members of the TM Family, are scattered in Sinnoh. When you talk to them, they want a battle - if you manage to defeat them, you obtain a TM. Their Pokémon often demonstrate the TM you'll get. In addition to this, you can battle them as much as you want, which means you can get unlimited TM's! (Two TM Family Members have been added so far: Attract / Bullet Seed)
- The Valley Windworks situation has been revamped. (It now has to do with a certain Gym Leader, to give the game more story)
- I've added a new Trainer Class, called the Policewoman! They even have a new overworld sprite and battle sprite.
- And last but not least, I updated all Text bugs, for example: Hey Parcel! or Rival's Mom: Could you go and find VS Seeker for me?
There are a few Bugs left;
- Gymleader Dimphy says something weird when she gives out her badge;
- A lof of Trainers say wrong things, especially the Trainers that were Galactic Grunts before. I still can't edit the text in thenewpoketext though, it just doesn't seem to work. I always get an error.
hey, very nice hack! it was quite hard at first, but then again - thats why its so fun!
i have a problem though. Everytime the script when you are leaving solaceon town starts (the one where the exclamation mark appears) my game freezes =/
How hard does the game get? By the way I will play this when the next glitch fix or beta is out. I haven't played this game yet, but are there eight new gym leaders? I assume they have different types.
Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Shadowbolt Pegasus.
That's good news, when I saw the "Last edited by Oxnite; May 5th, 2010 at 09:51 PM." bit at the bottom of the starter post of this thread I feared for the worst. I'm really releaved that you're still on this project of yours. I'll make sure to play through Platinum Deluxe when you're done with the new beta release.
I also see that you've already included Zorua and Zoroark from the 5th generation editions. Will we see some others as well? Especially the pokemon with new type combinations, such as Meraruba/Urugamosu and Bachuru/Denchura would be greatly appreciated.
I've got some bad news, and maybe 'good' news for some of you.
First of all, I'd like to say that I've postponed the project for so far. Everything was going well, but actually, it seems PPRE contains too many bugs to create a real, nice game with it.
I, for example, edited one script and it worked fine, but then another script stopped working. It kinda messed things up.
I now stopped the project for a while and I might continue with it soon. I might as well start a completely new project for a game like HG / SS. There's even a chance that B/W is hackable by then, who knows (it contains the same information like DPPHGSS, as it is a DS game).
Anyway, I've now started working on a Pokémon Advanced game, that is Pokémon Fire Red. I did a hack like that before called Pokémon Upgrade, but it didn't had any new scripts, ugly sprites and I even translated some text parts to my mother language (Dutch). Yeah, it was horrible.
Now, I started some kind of new project. It will have a completely new story and it even looks like something.
I'm very sorry for the people that were eagering to play this game, but it's jut full of bugs which I cannot edit properly. Once I edit one certain script (in Eterna City for that case), another script gets messed up for some unknown reason.
@Moderator(s), I guess this topic could get closed, but not deleted, please. Can I, like, open it again when I continue working on this?
Anyway, I might open a new topic soon for the GBA Rom Hack I'm creating. Thanks for all the people that were eagering to play this game, as they motivated me to work on this game.
Please notice that it's not my intention to stop working on this project, it's just that I either 1) am not good enough to script as I somehow ruin some other scripts on the same map or 2) the programme called PPRE is still a bit too buggy (which is no blame at all).