Hey everyone! I had an idea to host special games each month. The idea is to have games that are slightly different from the norm, or games with specialized setups.
I decided to have the Grand Idea game to kick things off for April, and with that game ending soon it will be perfect timing for this month's game!
Although I don't plan on having games as complex as Grand Idea every month, I'll still try to host things that people might be interested in. I have a few things in mind already, but feel free to post suggestions here too!
Current plan for this month:
This month's game: WitchHunt
Signups begin: June 18th
In a game with no hints, no reveals, where most roles have a chance of being either alignment... where even the dead players still have a stake in the game...
Put your deduction and hunting skills to the test - do you have what it takes to figure out who's telling the truth and who's a witch?
How the game works (game mechanics):
- There are no night phases (no mafia kills, Day phases only)
- If a Vanilla Townie is lynched on D1, they become Vengeful and must choose someone to venge-kill
- Town wins immediately if the Godfather is lynched (but not if Godfather dies from venge-kill)
- Mafia wins when they equal/outnumber town and the town doesn't have a venge-kill to use
Other game info:
- Days will last either 72 or 96 hours (since this game centers around discussion in the thread, 48 hours seems too short imo - either way, games would only last a little more than a week or so)
- I was thinking of holding 3 separate games since the games are so small, alternatively I could do the 7 player variation instead but from what I can remember that variation is imbalanced?
Ideas for future months: - Kingmaker
- ??? (for June or July)
- A variation on Johnny's Basic Werewolves setup
Oh nice! We've been talking about small games for a while now, but we've never actually tried it. I'm all down for trying new things as long as the essence of mafia remains intact and no night phases don't sound like too much of a plot twist so it's good.
Question: why is the 7 players variation imbalanced?
I don't remember why tbh, I just remember seeing a big discussion thread on another board about the balance and why 5-player is preferable (but I don't even remember which board that was, it was also a few years ago so idk lol). After searching around, I actually can't even find any finished games that used the 7-player version.
How the 7 player variation works:
- Setup: 4 Vanilla Townies, 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Mafia Godfather
- Town still wins immediately if Godfather is lynched
- If a townie is lynched they can only make a venge-kill if it's LyLo and they can choose from at least 4 other players to venge-kill
Yeah, Johnny and I (and I think Gunner mentioned something?) have been talking about doing things like this for a while now so I'm definitely happy to give it a go.
Also, speaking of Grand Idea, what do you think of starting a grand idea thread of our own?
Haha, I wouldn't be opposed to it! On the other board, I don't think there were any restrictions on what roles could be submitted, but there was kind of an "unwritten rule" that a host would just re-roll anything that was dumb/awful/broken af (and that's also what I did for my game)
Sorry for the delay on the next game, I haven't finished the OP for it yet (it's about 70% done). Just want to make sure I have all the information typed and the formatting looks good before I get the thread up :)
I think I'm gonna do Kingmaker next. Since it was successful last time, I think I'll post a teaser again (especially for you GP :P) Not sure when signups will start though, I'm thinking of possibly hosting a beginners game and I have plans for an original game that I'd like to do too. I guess we'll see!
Next up: Kingmaker
Signups begin: ???
How trustworthy are you?
In a game where a lynch is decided by a single player... Are you trustworthy enough to be named King and decide the lynch on your own? Or will the lynch fall into the hands of those dirty assassins?