Posted April 22nd, 2019
15 posts
3.7 Years
Pokemon Periwinkle Version - Special Blobbos Editon
Github Link

UPDATE 1.1:
Fixed a stat recalculation bug after evolution
UPDATE 1.2:
Added some new trainer rosters, fixed a few typos, and added a secret :^)
UPDATE 1.2.1:
Fixed a bug related to an evo stone not working

A Pokemon Clover spin-off set a few months after the story of generation 1! Play as a cute girl (who wouldn't want to?) and go on an adventure through the KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO region with the most prolific fakemon ever: Blobbos!

Features include:
*Anything that was Pikachu is now Blobbi, EVERYTHING
*A Completely new story set before Clover
*156 Pocketo Monsutas to collect
*Pokemon Anniversary Red's Battle Tent
*New Postgame Content
*Movesets based on Pokemon Roaming Red
*Strange and oddly named new moves
*Increased Difficulty
*former US presidents?

Screenshots:

Credits:
movesets -
Silent S from Roaming Red

sprites-
Rool
Menu
BloodlessNS
StarGazr

super gameboy border
Rangi from RedBlueStar

hacking support-
luckytyphlosion

code fixes -
Luna - RPP
The Shadow Knight - stat recalc bug fix

music and battle tent-
TPP Devs

deadly seven -
Originally by Cutlerine

Too much a loner for social media

Male
Old continent
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6 posts
309 Days
Haha, The Clover Team is working on various side projects. First Ultra Quartz: let's go blobbos, and now this little oldschool gem.
Some even went on to contribute to Polanddev's Countryball: gotta catch 'em all.
Does this mean Pokemon Clover went into postproduction? Hopefully.

From what I've seen the Ebin islands arc's gonna be, well epic. The screenshots on twitter of the adjustments on the battle engine look like battles gonna be more tactical and exciting and the revamped sprites of Star_gazt jawdropping.

Btw are the plans for this to eventually replace the gen one-pokemon with the fochun fakemon? Or is it gonna be blobbos alongside some exclusives?

Kudos to you, genius romhacking bastards of /vp/, clover team, anonymous and beyond!

CloverDevteam

dum camel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2019
Posted April 22nd, 2019
15 posts
3.7 Years
Haha, The Clover Team is working on various side projects. First Ultra Quartz: let's go blobbos, and now this little oldschool gem.
Some even went on to contribute to Polanddev's Countryball: gotta catch 'em all.
Does this mean Pokemon Clover went into postproduction? Hopefully.
Nah the team didn't work on this, just me (Camerupt) and a few of the spriters (Highrool and Menu). I don't really do anything in terms of developing Clover anymore, it's all Squeetz really, my writing work has been done since early last year. Making spin off games is fun because it gives people something to do in the long gaps between Clover's major updates.

Clover definitely isn't in postproduction yet though.

Too much a loner for social media

Male
Old continent
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6 posts
309 Days
First of all thanks for the reply, Camerupt sir.

Now that you mentioned it, while playing I noticed that indeed some sprites and large parts of the dialogues are changed, yet the areas of mapping, script etcetera are untouched. Didn't occur to me, after all it's been a while since I played pkmn yellow (must be +- 10 years).

Are you planning to work for a while on periwinkle version, or moving to another spin-off/ project?
Why are you no longer involved in pkmn clover, if I may ask? Bored, did your part and wanted to move on, offline responsibilities?
From reading the dialogues I suspect you're a funny person: the explanation of how professor stump lost his leg while observing Lizakbar during mating season is both very clever and slightly offensive. All for the meme for course.

Hope you have a blast with your current and future projects.

(PS: excuse me for asking way too much questions, guess I'm just too curious)

CloverDevteam

dum camel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2019
Posted April 22nd, 2019
15 posts
3.7 Years
Enjoying this game so far. Just one question though and this might be a potential spoiler so I'll post here:
Spoiler:
Was giving the water bagel to the thirsty guard early (After leaving Cerulean) intentional or will this break sequence?
It's intentional, there's no harm in sequence breaking to saffron early

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
174 posts
3.2 Years
hey just a question is this a new story or just the same old story?
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

Currently beta testing: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i can beta test 2 rom hacks at a time, so basically now I'm full but I could maybe beta test one more hack (plus I'm always going to read your offers if u want me to beta test and I may consider
Male
Online now
Posted May 27th, 2019
13 posts
1.4 Years
I'm enjoying the game so far. The dialogue, new characters, and overall story give it that distinctive Clover wackiness. The sprites look great too. While I do like Blobbos and use it in battle often, I was wondering if there were any other Clover Pokemon to obtain. I became really excited when I reached the Pokemon Tower and a man on the bottom floor mentioned his Chansey's remains had been unearthed. I thought maybe I would find a Chancer, but I never did. Maybe it can be found later after they experiment on its corpse? That's assuming it didn't rise from the grave on its own.
Seen February 24th, 2019
Posted January 14th, 2019
43 posts
344 Days
I want to know about the whole getting a bad ending for catching the legendary Pokemon early. Is that a thing in the game? I want to know cause that happened to me in clover when I went to catch the legendary Pokemon that were available and the legendary trio early. But, when I went and beaten the champ, I got arrested for catching said legendary Pokemon early and I swear I didn't cheat at all in the game. This is why I'm asking cause I have a good team and I hope to complete the rom hack without something like that happen

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
174 posts
3.2 Years
I got another question. are you guys going to continue Pokemon Clover in the future or is it done?
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

Currently beta testing: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i can beta test 2 rom hacks at a time, so basically now I'm full but I could maybe beta test one more hack (plus I'm always going to read your offers if u want me to beta test and I may consider
Male
Online now
Posted May 27th, 2019
13 posts
1.4 Years
I got another question. are you guys going to continue Pokemon Clover in the future or is it done?
I'm pretty sure they're working on post Elite Four content. It's a chain of islands with five gyms and new Pokemon. I've been making a lot of preparations for the journey ahead. I bred new teams with perfect or nearly perfect IVs and managed to get every wonder traded Pokemon. It was "time-consuming" even on turbo.
Male
Online now
Posted May 27th, 2019
13 posts
1.4 Years
Whoops sorry, that mon you mentioned evolves at level 53.
It's not a problem. I can see why you might not be here much due to how obscure this game game is. I eventually did get a Melmetal (really cool addition, by the way) and now I've defeated the Elite Four in addition to Stump and Red (thanks to Baracktwo). I had a feeling I was on the trail of the legendary Pokemon Clover mascot because of all the 4-Leaf-Down I was finding, but I think I'm missing something. I've collected nine of them. Can you give me any hint as to what that item is for?

Also, I encountered Oboma in Cerulean Cave and after I traded his son in return for Mew, he mentions he'll make it up to me when he "ERASES IT ALL". That scared me a bit, so I reverted to an earlier save and kept Baracktwo. Will he delete your save if you trade for Mew?

Burningocean2012

Non-binary
Cybertron
Seen June 6th, 2019
Posted June 3rd, 2019
171 posts
2.1 Years
Will he delete your save if you trade for Mew?
I don't think thats even possible to put into a game let alone something the romhacker is serious about.Its just the character being himself and nothing you need to worry about.
Games I'm watching :Aeon/Misanthropy 2/Coral/Xi Arco/Saffron
Virion/Spectrum/Dark Energy/Discovery/Postscriptum/Floral Tempus/Conjure
Pheonix Rising/Life/Normal Version/CountryBalls/Sea Temple/Re_Imagined/
Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Jasper/Axis/Winds of Shadow
Sage/Unbound/DiamondAndPearl Advance/Lilac/Gaia DS/Saiph

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
Advertiser Content