• 192 replies
Age 34
Female
Clear Island, Alacci
Seen May 24th, 2014
Posted December 2nd, 2010
302 posts
11.6 Years
Okay, I have a question, and I'm a little afraid of the response (I don't really know how you all will react...).

No, I'm not quitting.

What I wanted to know, before I get too far with this, is whether or not people would like it if I made this a RMXP game instead of a hack.

My biggest reason being a desire to include most if not all of the official Pokémon to date, as well as my own custom "fakemon" including multiple evolutions of Eevee; new Eeveelutions are extremely difficult to implement in a hack as far as I know.

Of course, I still have the problem of trying to get the Light type in game, but since that was a problem with this as a hack as well, it really isn't a reason to keep me from switching over.

I would still thank any of my team who can no longer help in the credits if I did this.

There are also other special things I would like to do, if I can, in a RMXP game, but I don't want to say any in case they don't work out.

I just wanted feedback from all of you, though I would prefer to make this a game instead of a hack, because I don't want to hurt anyone by changing over. Also I ask now because I'm not really that far yet, and I want to decide for certain which I'm doing before I get much done.

PC Brother: WeightyWillBill
Also? This site doesn't allow enough siggy pics. :/

kevcrash

Age 24
Male
Maryland
Seen December 3rd, 2018
Posted December 3rd, 2018
1,071 posts
10.5 Years
Okay, I have a question, and I'm a little afraid of the response (I don't really know how you all will react...).

No, I'm not quitting.

What I wanted to know, before I get too far with this, is whether or not people would like it if I made this a RMXP game instead of a hack.

My biggest reason being a desire to include most if not all of the official Pokémon to date, as well as my own custom "fakemon" including multiple evolutions of Eevee; new Eeveelutions are extremely difficult to implement in a hack as far as I know.

Of course, I still have the problem of trying to get the Light type in game, but since that was a problem with this as a hack as well, it really isn't a reason to keep me from switching over.

I would still thank any of my team who can no longer help in the credits if I did this.

There are also other special things I would like to do, if I can, in a RMXP game, but I don't want to say any in case they don't work out.

I just wanted feedback from all of you, though I would prefer to make this a game instead of a hack, because I don't want to hurt anyone by changing over. Also I ask now because I'm not really that far yet, and I want to decide for certain which I'm doing before I get much done.
Well, I'm not quite sure what a RMXP game is. I can use the context clues to find out though. So you're certain about this? How will you make it an actual game? Is Illumiknight going to be affected by this? I'm not sure what it is, but if you feel this is best I'll support you 100% through it! Like machomuu said, I'm your biggest fan ;)

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante

Seen September 16th, 2015
Posted August 1st, 2010
48 posts
10.8 Years
Mm, I tried RMXP once, back when the idle brainstorming my boyfriend and I did for fun got the the point of "I want to try and make a real game out of this". So I downloaded it, installed it, ran it, and hated it.

That was from a game-making perspective, though. From a playing perspective I'm sure it would be all the same, as long as RMXP's emulation of a GBA emulator is... well, perfect. By which I mean (personally, anyway) the wrong font or the wrong sound would totally ruin it -- again, for me.

On the other hand, you can do some really amazing stuff without any of the constraints that ROMs have..
So I say go for it. I'd still play it. ;D

CARROT | 305201384203

Age 34
Female
Clear Island, Alacci
Seen May 24th, 2014
302 posts
11.6 Years
I tried a bit of the test run that was made by the starter kit I picked up. On the options menu you can pick from fonts that, if not perfect, certainly look like fonts from the Pokémon games to me. There are, actually, more options on the options menu than on Pokémon games, which I think is cool.

Also, though it will take time, I can give things a big graphical upgrade, since I can use more than 16 colors and the sprite size is larger (I love pretty graphics, I really do). I can make my fakemon without having to get rid of official Pokémon. And maybe even add some of the official regions for your exploring pleasure (after all, it is, in part at least, an exploring game...).

Anyway, I'm pretty enthusiastic about the possibilities. I'm hearing scepticism, but not really any complaints... which is good, since complaints would have been really discouraging.

I still would like to hear from some of my other supporters - especially my earlier ones like Jhoto Legend and Poke - on the subject.

@AmusedRaccoon - It's really good to hear you'd still play. I feel like if I make my idea on RMXP I can make it more like my real vision of Alacci, so hopefully you won't be dissapointed.

Yes, if I do this, I need to ask for the thread to be moved, and take care of all the informative things. I will do that once I'm 100% sure... right now I need more feedback. Perferably the constructive and explanitory kind, which is what I have gotten so far (thanks everybody who has talked to me both publicly and privately about this).

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Male
On the moon
Seen April 29th, 2016
Posted March 17th, 2012
331 posts
12.1 Years
I'm not a massive fan of RMXP, but I'll still support it and play it.

Wait! How do you play an RMXP game? Like what emulator? It's nice to hear that the graphics are going to be a lot better.
No emulator. It's not a hack. No ROM.
I refuse to enter a battle of the wits with you,
it's against my morals to attack an unarmed person.

Age 34
Female
Clear Island, Alacci
Seen May 24th, 2014
302 posts
11.6 Years
Well, the support for good graphics (...must...have...graphics...) and numerous Pokémon (eeeeeeevvveeeeeee.... ^^) means I think I'm going to announce it. SotW is officially going to be a game, not a hack. Next mod to come by, could you move this? Then I'll update the first post and everything.

machomuu

Lize is my Inazuma Eleven DO NOT DISRESPECT.

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted June 26th, 2019
10,404 posts
11.4 Years
Well, the support for good graphics (...must...have...graphics...) and numerous Pokémon (eeeeeeevvveeeeeee.... ^^) means I think I'm going to announce it. SotW is officially going to be a game, not a hack. Next mod to come by, could you move this? Then I'll update the first post and everything.
Uuh...Krysteenah, We need to PM a mod, I'll get one.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

Novus

The English Kiwi

Age 26
Male
Dorset, England
Seen August 20th, 2013
Posted January 29th, 2010
184 posts
10.6 Years
Hey Kaylee, (first comment in months (: ) it's looking great and I'm definately liking the idea of making it with RMXP (although I'm more partial to Sphere, map making is so much easier, although no starter kit) and the only main thing I worried about is if you have a coder/scripter otherwise you're not going to be able to put in your new features and stuff.

Apart from that, I'm 100% onboard with switching to making it a proper game and not a hack and I'll be supporting it as long as I'm around PC. If you need any help (note I have quite a bit going on at the moment in the real world) I'd be happy to help.
Age 34
Female
Clear Island, Alacci
Seen May 24th, 2014
302 posts
11.6 Years
Well, hmm... maybe I should get a mod myself? Or do I have to change the first post first?

...... >.<

Anyway, I'll show you the kind of pretty (I think they're pretty, anyway... X3) graphics I can put (and plan on putting) in the game...

(I can't make the shiny Bulbasaur any more yellow-green, my program is being... problematic. But if people want the difference in color to be more pronounced, I can use blue or red... I kind of like it though.)

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto

Age 27
Male
Manko
Seen February 20th, 2018
Posted January 1st, 2010
188 posts
12.1 Years
Ah I support ya Kaylee! If you want it to be easier then go for it! I say the easier the better! KEEP IT UP! Im supporting you all the way! :D
I barely get on Pokecommunity anymore. I originally did Pokemon hacks such as Pokemon Ruby The Parody and Pokemon Legacies, but both of the hacks flopped due to lack of motivation on both and the fact that I'm a beginner at hacking and still am.

I still have my doubts as to if I will ever hack Pokemon again. I even plan on retiring from YouTube Pooping on for YouTube on my channel: linkandfoxesrock12.

Maybe one day I will somehow gain the motivation to make at least Pokemon Ruby The Parody. There were many flaws with it and I made too many unnecessary changes to it in the first place, which caused it to be glitched in several places.

Thanks for reading.

Johto Legend 17
AKA
BrandonCDi

Mana

Age 28
Male
UK
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
10,074 posts
10.7 Years
Wow! Those Eevee are adorable :3 Really good!
Age 34
Female
Clear Island, Alacci
Seen May 24th, 2014
302 posts
11.6 Years
>o<
Oh, okay. >.<

(guess I'll just have to beg all my supporters to come post when I get it up... XD)

I'll be doing that then... when I have a spare moment. XP
Thanks though.

EDIT: It's okay for some mod to lock this, now. (do I have to PM one?) I put the redirect in the first post.

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!

United States
Seen April 30th, 2010
Posted March 24th, 2010
44 posts
10.5 Years
So I sent you the music, again, quite a while ago, and yet I seem to have gotten no response. I can't effectively continue writing music for you if I don't know if you like it at all or don't have any comments. Does my music adequately fit the area it is supposed to? See I don't know this at all lol. When I write music for games I program from scratch, I always put the music (that I wrote too lol) in the game, and then test to see if it fits the level. If not, I write a different piece and so on.

Please give me some feedback lol. I understand you are busy though, that is why I gave you like 2 weeks now since I last sent the music again. I check this thread like every other day so any simple post acknowledging my existance XD is all I need. :P
I write music, midis and remixes are my specialty. I will gladly write any music for your romhack/game if you want. Below is the entire soundtrack to the very cool fangame as well as links to my other songs if you're interested in what kind of music I write.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNSFsPVJI1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXftZdUXi_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLZPeKqJKOo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thA5ZoHuUlw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh92-gxlrEo

Advertiser Content