• 52 replies

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
180 posts
8.9 Years
is there any discord server for this rom, if it has please put that in the thread so we can join it coz we really wait this game, please!!
Hmm, haven't considered a Discord server yet but we might when we launch the second Beta. Hopefully to have something out by Oct. At least 7 to 8 gyms

MQ

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
180 posts
8.9 Years
Sorry for asking but, where can I find wild squirtle? is to have the 3 kanto starters

EDIT:forget it, I found it
Ah alright, you got it.

Location of starters are as follows:

Viridian Forrest and Hidden Village - Bulbasaur
Mt. Moon, cave 1 - Charmander
Bill's Garden - Squirtle (you can find Eevee here as well albeit both are rare encounters)

MQ
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted February 6th, 2019
2 posts
3.5 Years
Just finished your beta and it was amazing. Great work man keep it up can't wait for the next beta. The maps look awesome and are probably my favourite part of the hack so far, followed by the wild encounters then the story. I'm enjoying the trainers scaling with your levels, it's a nice added difficulty. All in all awesome work!

Amy May

Banned

Age 34
Female
Seen December 22nd, 2018
Posted December 16th, 2018
208 posts
1.2 Years
From the feedback and screenshots, this hack looks as if it would be really fun to get into. Alas, I would like to hold off until there is a little more than lavender town. Any planned release date yet, or no?
As of this point in time, it's still a ways in the future... but by the looks of it, more like towards the end of this year or the beginning of next year.
Celadon & a couple routes have been figured into the game (for next beta), but everything else beyond that point is still getting ironed out.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan

Male
Zimbabwe
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
54 posts
229 Days
Double thumbs up for what you've put out so far in this game. I'm a big fan of the Gen 1 to 3 games so when I found MasterQuest & read that it contains an expanded Kanto region + a fresh story, I dove right in haha. Am curious about what you have in mind for the HM system, seeing as there wasn't any link between them & the badges so far...& no HMs found yet. Are you guys going to have HMs in the game or you'll have a game that won't require HMs for the sake of progression? Can't wait for the installment & even if it's still far away, I'm looking forward to what you do in Johto.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
992 posts
6 Years
is there decapitalization in this and a phys/special split? Also, is there a way to properly EV train? I ask since fire red/leaf green didn't have EV reducing berries (though some say they are there just not obtainable). I'll still play this without issue but having to re-breed an entire roster of pokemon to get started on EV training is more of a hassle than its worth in my opinion.

also Is there anything like a battle frontier planned for post game? That would be fun to see.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
180 posts
8.9 Years
Double thumbs up for what you've put out so far in this game. I'm a big fan of the Gen 1 to 3 games so when I found MasterQuest & read that it contains an expanded Kanto region + a fresh story, I dove right in haha. Am curious about what you have in mind for the HM system, seeing as there wasn't any link between them & the badges so far...& no HMs found yet. Are you guys going to have HMs in the game or you'll have a game that won't require HMs for the sake of progression? Can't wait for the installment & even if it's still far away, I'm looking forward to what you do in Johto.
Thanks for the feedback. No HMs in the game as gyms are optional. We're trying to make the world as open as possible. Thinking of incorporating a ferry system to get you from island to island.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
180 posts
8.9 Years
is there decapitalization in this and a phys/special split? Also, is there a way to properly EV train? I ask since fire red/leaf green didn't have EV reducing berries (though some say they are there just not obtainable). I'll still play this without issue but having to re-breed an entire roster of pokemon to get started on EV training is more of a hassle than its worth in my opinion.

also Is there anything like a battle frontier planned for post game? That would be fun to see.
Hmm no split as of now but we won't rule it out in the future. We're making all berries obtainable however not sure if it can affect EV. Still a work in progress though.

Since this is an expanded rom, we're trying to fit in at least 3 regions in here so, not much if a post game planned aside from the Pokemon League (which is only accessible after you complete Kanto, Johto and Hoenn)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
992 posts
6 Years
Hmm no split as of now but we won't rule it out in the future. We're making all berries obtainable however not sure if it can affect EV. Still a work in progress though.

Since this is an expanded rom, we're trying to fit in at least 3 regions in here so, not much if a post game planned aside from the Pokemon League (which is only accessible after you complete Kanto, Johto and Hoenn)
I figured I'd ask regarding EVs. If you were to work something like Super Training like in X/Y that would sort the matter out if at all possible. Otherwise I suppose I can deal with having to breed my pokemon to start from scratch.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan

Male
Zimbabwe
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
54 posts
229 Days
Thanks for the feedback. No HMs in the game as gyms are optional. We're trying to make the world as open as possible. Thinking of incorporating a ferry system to get you from island to island.
Alright, that sounds cool. I'll admit, not having HMs did throw me off while I was playing haha because I'm so used to catching Pokemon that will be taught HM moves & I make notes for places that I want to revisit when I have the right badge & HM, e.g. some of the spots with open water I came across. So not having HMs has certainly made things in your game very interesting.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
180 posts
8.9 Years
I figured I'd ask regarding EVs. If you were to work something like Super Training like in X/Y that would sort the matter out if at all possible. Otherwise I suppose I can deal with having to breed my pokemon to start from scratch.
Hmm will need to see if that's possible for FR :)

Still lots to learn for me. I'm an intermediate hacker at best

MQ

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
180 posts
8.9 Years
Alright, that sounds cool. I'll admit, not having HMs did throw me off while I was playing haha because I'm so used to catching Pokemon that will be taught HM moves & I make notes for places that I want to revisit when I have the right badge & HM, e.g. some of the spots with open water I came across. So not having HMs has certainly made things in your game very interesting.

Tryna give it a different touch

MQ

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
992 posts
6 Years
Hmm will need to see if that's possible for FR :)

Still lots to learn for me. I'm an intermediate hacker at best

MQ
You've done some interesting ideas based on the current list of features, I wouldn't write yourself off on this yet. I've seen some interesting approaches to EV training in the past so do what you can.

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Canada
Online now
Posted 6 Hours Ago
200 posts
3.3 Years
hey i'm just wondering if theirs a discord server for staff so i can tell you if theres any bugs or anything. as i'm one of the beta testers.
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

beta tester for: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i decided since my beta testing is slow to just try beta testing 3 rom hacks. as i'm currently doing 2 at the moment i figure i could pick up a 3rd one to beta test. PM me or leave a visitor message and i will more than likely help beta test your Rom hack.
Advertiser Content