• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rom Hack (or original game) Ideas

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
Maybe they've already come up with a fan made pokemon game like this, but if they haven't, I would love to play a game like this!

Beginning of game:
Start in Lavender Town! You're separated from your parents after they went to grieve for a fallen Pokemon. You leave, get lost, and get attacked by a wild cubone. You white out near the top of Pokemon tower. When you come to, you're standing by the graves of your fallen parents. You don't remember how it happened. You need to leave the tower, but the fog is so thick it's impossible to see. You suddenly hear maniacal laughter.

The beginning of the Team Rocket motto is recited slowly, "Prepare for trouble..." Then it cuts off into maniacal laughter. Your character gives an amused smile because Team Rocket, from what she / he's seen from the media, isn't all that scary, usually, but the character can't figure out where the laughter is coming from. A sequence builds where the character gets more and more frightened. The character walks around in the fog and suddenly a battle sequence starts playing. Your character is suddenly in a battle with a pokemon ghost who reveals herself to be Miyamoto--(in the Pokemon anime, the Team Rocket elite agent who disappeared when hunting for Mew). You check the menu and notice that, for some reason, you have one pokemon in your party--a ghastly. You send the pokemon out, but it totally ignores your orders. Miyamoto easily defeats you.

Your character whites out, and when you come to, you're in a strange dark room; you search your bag and discover a flashlight. You turn it on. Hopefully the nightmare is over? You scan the room and find yourself facing a ghastly, the same ghastly that was in your pokemon party earlier! You see light and decide to run to the nearest exit. Just then, you are stopped by the person who tried to battle with you earlier.

Miyamoto tells you that your prior episode was just an illusion and informs you of Team Psychic, or whoever it is, and their plot to hypnotize and control the entire region. She then explains that psychic and ghost pokemon are immune to it, hence the Lavender Town hideout. You ask why she hasn't disappeared, and she replies, "it appears I have unfinished business. Business I would like you to help me handle!"

The starter sequence.

Miyamoto, or whoever you met earlier, gives you an interesting lineup of pokemon catches to choose from-- -Abra, Mimiku, Mime Jr., and Ditto (a special one that appears to be immune to hypnosis and has a Mew sprite). Try to choose a pokemon and Miyamoto will reply that she likes that one too much; choose something else. Go through and refuse all of the pokemon choices, and the ghastly offers to tag along. You will not be able to put it into a pokeball, though, and people you talk to outside of Lavender Town will be afraid of you.

Miyamoto will give you a Team Rocket secret password to use with members of the gang you encounter.

Go to the pokemart, and buy some poke balls to catch pokemon like normal, but you won't be able to catch any other types besides psychic and ghost. The others will immediately run from you. Later in the game, you will find trainers being attacked by their pokemon, and you'll have to beat them to ward them off.

Walk towards the light and immediately get confronted by the ghost of the Marowak that haunts Lavender Tower. Use strategy to defeat it and escape the tower. Walk out of the tower and talk to a Team Rocket agent standing by the door. Give the password, and go through. It's a tunnel that leads to Viridian City.

What do you think of this idea, and how difficult do you think it would be to make a fan game like this?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
I guess Shigiro Miyamoto named the agent in the pokemon anime after himself? I wonder what the English version would be?

Back