• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OU] Balanced Team

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
This is my first post.. and this is also my first try at a ''competitive'' team.I will take all contructive remark to help me out because I ain't really..a good player at the moment but I played several other competitive game at an high level and I wanted to jump in and try something new. My first pokémon game was Blue and my second was Black.. I missed out on a lot of things !

Aerodactyl

Nature: Hasty
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Ev: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Move Set:

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Blast

Lucario

Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Ev:4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Move Set:

Sword Dance
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Ice Punch

Gengar

Nature: Timid
Item: Black Sludge
Ability:Leviate
Ev:4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Move Set:

Substitute
Disable
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Meloetta

Nature:Naive
Ability: Serene Grace
Ev: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Move Set:

Relic Song
Close Combat
Thunder
Hidden Power Ice

Metagross

Nature:Naughty
Ability: Clear Body
Ev:252 Atk / 228 SpA / 24 Spe
Move Set:

Meteor Mash
Hidden Power Fire
Grass Knot
Zen Headbutt

Mienshao

Nature: Naive
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Regenerator
Ev:252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Move Set:

Hi Jump Kick
Baton Pass
Stone Edge
Substitute

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What's the point of the 156 Special Attack EVs on Aerodactyl if you're not running Fire Blast? Use it over Taunt or don't use it at all and use 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe with your current set.

If Mienshao is running Substitute, you should use Baton Pass with it just so the Sub isn't wasted when Mienshao switches out:
-Substitute/Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Regenerator

Otherwise, you're better off with the all-out attacker:
-Hi Jump Kick
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Grass Knot/Stone Edge
-U-turn
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Regenerator

Even though Mienshao is viable in OU, think to yourself why you'd use it over Terrakion, who hits slightly harder and is faster than Mienshao.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013

Thanx for the reply.

You are right on the Aerodactyl Ill play the.

For the Terrakion over Mienshao .. To be honest you migth be right, the reason why I put Mienshao is because I read somewhere that Hi Jump Kick was a really strong move.If I keep Mienshao I'll sure play it with the Baton Pass.

Edit: I found out my mistake and the reason why I played Mienshao over Terrakion.. First I believed U-turn would work with Substitute, lack of testing and second well Mienshao have Regenerator.

Last edited:
Back