• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slice-of-life Pokemon RP

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
I was thinking of possibly starting up a slice-of-life pokemon RP. It would be very laid-back, with a posting requirement of once a week, focused around a little pokemon town -- a place where everyone knows everybody, that kind of thing. It would focus around a group of young teens who decide to leave the town for their pokemon journey, the details of which could be sorted out by those of us in the roleplay.

Would anyone be interested in that?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I was thinking of possibly starting up a slice-of-life pokemon RP. It would be very laid-back, with a posting requirement of once a week, focused around a little pokemon town -- a place where everyone knows everybody, that kind of thing. It would focus around a group of young teens who decide to leave the town for their pokemon journey, the details of which could be sorted out by those of us in the roleplay.

Hiya! A slice of life RP with a well planned setting could probably be a lot of fun. Instead of the pressure of following a plotline, you could just build your own intrigues and dramas there among the characters. But if you plan on having a larger story unfold, such as a journey, perhaps you should outline that beforehand? I'm not saying it's not possible to make a RP suddenly grow into something bigger, just make sure that your players are on board with what you are doing, and that they know what they are signing up for (:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
Hiya! A slice of life RP with a well planned setting could probably be a lot of fun. Instead of the pressure of following a plotline, you could just build your own intrigues and dramas there among the characters. But if you plan on having a larger story unfold, such as a journey, perhaps you should outline that beforehand? I'm not saying it's not possible to make a RP suddenly grow into something bigger, just make sure that your players are on board with what you are doing, and that they know what they are signing up for (:

Thank you for the advice! That does sound like a good idea.

Years

I would join. It sounds interesting and I would love the randomness of the on the spot plotline. I do agree that it will get kinda of messy to create a journey without a plotline but which ever the choice I would like to be along for the ride when it starts.

Back