• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would like to create a development team for new hack idea.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
Hello,
I am new here, but would like to find a few others to help me create a rom hack based off of some ideas I have. From what I have seen so far, there is always something missing from even the best hacks. I have no background in hacking, so I have no background in any of the tools. Because of this, it would be great to work with some people who do, as I learn... of course. If you aren't skilled at this, it would still be great to bounce some ideas off of each other.
Let me know :)

Here are the current ideas that I have. I know that several of them are very complicated, but please let me know if you could help:

Here are some ideas that I have regarding the hack. They are just from general things that I have wanted to do, so you can take them or leave them.

I would like the hack to be expansive: as in, including multiple regions, if not all of them. This would give the opportunity to create multiple storylines (including post game), and would also enable gym alternatives...such that some gyms (or regions) could be similar to the orange islands and be about challenges...e.g. a water "gym" could be about racing your water pokemon.

I think it would be important to have the pokemon follow you around... especially because it is a very popular. I'm not sure if this would be possible to create sprites of the 6th generation, but it would be cool. (Syvelon, for example, might challenging).

The introduction of minigames would be an excellent addition, though, I'm not sure how possible. For example, I like the idea of a "Combee Farm" where you could play some type of honey mini game.. matching combee or something like that. I have seen minor things like this in previous games, but it has never been a focus.

I also think offering "event" pokemon would be an interesting idea. For example, on "Combee farm", once you helped defeat whomever, or whatever the miniadventure called for, you could be rewarded with a special "event" vespiquen with certain moves or maybe a helper heracross with certain moves. It could also be an opportunity to give the player mega evolution stones.. such that this is where a player might get the stone to megaevolve heracross.

Speaking of megaevolution, I would really like to make this possible. I'm not sure how exactly pokemon can be modified, but I have seen that trade evolved can be edited to evolve in other ways. The megastones could either directly evolve them, (permanently), or we could somehow create a less permanent state by modifying dittos ability...but I have no idea how someone would manage that. We could also modify it it to where at a certain happiness level, a pokemon could learn a move to change it form or permanently change it.

As for starters, I would really like to issue an eevee as the only choice. Not only is it the most versatile choice, but it provides a lot more options. I can see the downfall of only one stage of evolution, but I feel as though this could be corrected with additional moves/stats. Plus eevee's evolution history could spark an interest with evolution in general in the plot, assisting the introduction of megaevolution.

As with having a pokemon follow you around, I would like to create more interactive sprites in the general landscaping. Whenever this was done in previous games...such as the miltanks and pidgeys, I was always impressed..as it added a lot to the games. I have ideas such as "combee farm" "gyarados falls" "the lunatone planaterium" "wigglytuff karoke bar" -which could be a mini game, as well, such as the dance contest minigames. "Crobat cave"...etc.

Speaking of Wigglytuff, it would be a good addition to change the pokemon center, to update it, but this is not a must. I would also like to update the moveset and stats of several favorites than just cant compare. For example, Wigglytuff is a favorite, but can't compete in battle.

The Villain should remain as team rocket, throughout every region, just as they always followed ash in the series. I would like for them to be more of a threat, and less predictable. This means more team rocket members, heavier in the plot, and of course feature jessie and james with their teams changing per region.

I think gyms should be a heavy focus, as well. I would like to reinvent some gyms, and or change them. I appreciated the work of the gyms in black and white, and would like to do something similiar. With new and more advanced tiling, we could do great things for celadon and cerulean gyms, for example.

It would also be an interesting feature to have traveling companions. They wouldn't have to be with you all of the time, and could have separate missions. but they could act as plot enhancers, bring you pokemon eggs, items, assist you in double or triple battles, turn out to be gym leaders, or heal you on journeys through bug forests or undersea caverns.

As for general plot, I believe that it would be cool to have megaevolution be the focus.. as we revisit team rocket's quest for mewtwo...especially now that they have the technology to megaevolve him.

As for gym leaders... we could keep gyms and replace gym leaders, or vice versa. For example.. Misty could be a gym leader of another water gym, or there could be a new leader at cerulean gym.

I would also like to do a battle tower style pokemon league, instead of just battling the elite four. In this case, you could even lose early, and be ranked and try again. As the victor, you would then qualify to battle the elite four. Again, we could combine favourites, create new ones, and even have a different league per region.

I know that it's a lot, but if you like any of these ideas, let me know :).

Last edited:

BabyDino213

Baby Dragon Awaiting To Evolve Into Thousand Drago
Years
Though I Wish I can say I had a lot of hacking experience I cant all I really do is play around with AM (Advance Map) to get some hang of it also I try to dab around with SG (Mainly for Scripting) If its ok I can possibly help or try to contribute ideas or well what I can maybe we can both learn from each other and learn from other experts

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
Though I Wish I can say I had a lot of hacking experience I cant all I really do is play around with AM (Advance Map) to get some hang of it also I try to dab around with SG (Mainly for Scripting) If its ok I can possibly help or try to contribute ideas or well what I can maybe we can both learn from each other and learn from other experts

Any interest at this point is great! Did you like any of my ideas? Anything you could contribute from this?

BabyDino213

Years
I Did like couple of the Ideas Some were also ones I recommended like "have pokemon walk with you" and eevee as your only starter and some other ones Ones I liked a lot more though was the battle style type pokeleague and the many other regions. An idea I'm trying to make reality is the "Choose Your destiny" as in just like the anime You Can Choose To Become Champion or as the partner Become a Great Coordinator as for the elite four coordinator you first battle them in a contest (Beauty) if you win then you progress in a real battle to advance also have some other ideas if your interested

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
I Did like couple of the Ideas Some were also ones I recommended like "have pokemon walk with you" and eevee as your only starter and some other ones Ones I liked a lot more though was the battle style type pokeleague and the many other regions. An idea I'm trying to make reality is the "Choose Your destiny" as in just like the anime You Can Choose To Become Champion or as the partner Become a Great Coordinator as for the elite four coordinator you first battle them in a contest (Beauty) if you win then you progress in a real battle to advance also have some other ideas if your interested

Adding a coordinating possibility would be quite interesting. A problem I find with the games is that locking yourself into the beat gyms, beat elite four, end game can get quite boring... If coordinating could be done in an intriguing way, it would be quite interesting.

BabyDino213

Years
It is boring to an extent what would be great is you have at least 4 regions you 32 badges you also get for beating that region champion some type of emblem once you collect all champion emblems you have the right to challenge the hardest trainer in the world aka Champion of the world to make it harder the pokemon are hacked as in like ex: Arcanine Lvl 100 with Water Absorb and some insane moves or something like that

and just like the Gen 2 diff regions elite four and champion have diff variety of pokemon also with a wide range of levels

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
It is boring to an extent what would be great is you have at least 4 regions you 32 badges you also get for beating that region champion some type of emblem once you collect all champion emblems you have the right to challenge the hardest trainer in the world aka Champion of the world to make it harder the pokemon are hacked as in like ex: Arcanine Lvl 100 with Water Absorb and some insane moves or something like that

and just like the Gen 2 diff regions elite four and champion have diff variety of pokemon also with a wide range of levels

I think 4 regions is a good idea, but it would also be very limiting..as in it would take FOREVER to hack that. Possible, but very daunting. It would also be difficult to workout leveling.. if your pokemon are at lvl 40 after say the first 8 gyms.. then will regions two, three, and four all be lvl 75+? and all of regions 3 and 4 would be 100? It would effect progression negatively, but I guess it could be accounted for.

BabyDino213

Years
it was more of an idea soo there's some key factor that I was missing to imply it which would probably help it out in some way anyways as for the story what role would the hero/heroin play? or is that not played out yet or have an idea yet?

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
Hey man, I'd be happy to help you! Did you get my PM in regards to your ideas?

Hey! I did! I appreciate your interest! I would like to further discuss things with you, either here or on some other chat platform. It would be great to make some things happen to attract others.. haha

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
it was more of an idea soo there's some key factor that I was missing to imply it which would probably help it out in some way anyways as for the story what role would the hero/heroin play? or is that not played out yet or have an idea yet?

That is more of a TBA thing. I have general plot ideas, as I listed, but nothing to be exact. Hopefully it will involve similar things to be gyms, orange island-like challenges, minigames, coordinating competitions...etc. Originally, I planned to have the focus around team rocket and mega mewtwo, but of course there is room for so much in between.

BabyDino213

Years
I see ok is the hero/heroin trying to foil the plans of TR from the inside? or outside idk in my head random things are popping up from ideas haa

BabyDino213

Years
yea im aware though that has been done maybe if that wont work can your partner be The Looker? x)

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2014
I see ok is the hero/heroin trying to foil the plans of TR from the inside? or outside idk in my head random things are popping up from ideas haa

Feel free to share your ideas! Foiling team rocket... to an extent. I want to appeal to things people like about the game...eg team rocket, having a bad guy, gym challenges...etc.. but also to improve game play.

BabyDino213

Years
is there anyway to communicate if one of us are not online or neither of us? also can I friend you on here?

BabyDino213

Years
An international police officer in x and y you have to do some missions for him to become a detective ect... pretty fun I think he would probably help in some area of the storyline since multiple regions idea

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
I have some questions. Are you still working with us and not to be a bubble breaker but most those ideas can not be compiled on one ROM and some are extremely difficult to do. Best of luck. As of right now, you are still listed in our team.

Last edited:
Back