• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Lol XDD, would Brock turn out to be bi in that case? :3

If I do a challenge on an emulator I usually do it in one, two or three times playing, but I also enjoy doing stuff like Scramble challenges on an actual cartridge, sometimes racing against a friend. :P

Do any of you sometimes play a challenge together with a reallife friend?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like Scrambles, but I also have a good memory so I can remember my stuff haha. And I have no friends to play challenges with, so no haha. :(

11wildy

Me!
Years
I suppose you have no friends who play Pokemon, and not that you don't have any friends? :o And yeah, I need a difficult challenge, very difficult, suggestions?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm kidding, haha. I have friends (no one I'm like super close to though) and a lot of my friends and acquaintances play Pokemon, but none of them do challenges that I know of. I do have a friend that likes to breed Pokemon, though. And I've had a few people mention wanting to try a Nuzlocke. But that's about it. No one ever does challenges with me. :P

Also, happy CHALLOWEEN guys! Anyone dressed up?

11wildy

Me!
Years
In Holland we don't really celebrate Halloween, sadly :(. I'd love to go outside in the dark to scare people :p But it's more surprising if I do it tomorrow XD.

As for me, I only got 1 friend who plays challenges, but only monotype, nuzlocke or sometimes a scramble. He's the kind of lucky players, so anything he does will turn out perfectly. Needs to hit 3 Blizzards, easy, 1 OHKO move, still fine. For me, I tend to get the WORST possible outcome on about everything. Crits everywhere, as well as 40% chance Blizzard hits. So I tend to be a bit more skilled, to compensate the lack of luck, so we're just as good in challenges I suppose :p.

As for the rest of my life, I tend to get ignored a lot, except for a few friends, who accept the fact I still play Pokemon :S.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Evvverryone knows I play Pokemon. And I start a conversation about Pokemon every chance I get. Or if someone mentions it, I will talk to them about it for as long as possilbe (longer than they want if I'm drunk lol. Drunk me is hillarious.) I have a friend that's Nuzlocking right now, but that's all he does, and its super lame.

Since Halloween is in the middle of the week this year, I'm not partying until this weekend, so I haven't finished my costume yet. I'm going to put pictures of it up when its done though, and so far its looking super awesome. I always put a whole bunch of effort into my costumes, and they really pay off I think.

Years
Aw man, it stinks when Halloween is in the middle of the week! Because then it gets completely bogged down by school. D:

I have a terrible challenge idea! It's partly for lolz, and the rules are probably to simplistic/weak to stand on its own, but whatever!

THE TRADING CHALLENGE

• Before starting the game, you must decide your team (each teammate can be traded in at different times)
  • You must then trade each team member from another game to the game you will be playing on.
  • As soon as getting your team member, you must grind it up until it begins to act disobedient
  • Once beating a gym leader you must grind it up until it surpasses the "tame" level, and begins to disobey.

This challenge would make me rage.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That'd get annoying in BW(2) not because of disobedience, but because of the way the level curve and gym badges work in that game. If you mean I'd have to grind to level 50 after the 4th badge, then no thanks...lol The tedious part would be the grinding, not the trading or disobedience and unless you're into masochism grinding, it would not be the challenge for you.

Oh, and people know I'm a walking Pokedex haha. And I was Ness for Halloween! We went to a friend's apartment and played Brawl and Mario Party 9. AND SOME CRAZY **** HAPPENED IN MY OTHER FRIENDS' APARTMENTS ON THE NEXT FLOOR OH MAN. There was some WILD party where everyone was drinking and smoking weed and then the people from that party snuck out the back and shimmied through the balconies and snuck into other peoples apartments to escape the cops. We heard all this stomping from where we were and I thought "okay Jason can't make THAT much noise" haha. And that's your wild party PG-13 story for the year, my little Swablu. lol

11wildy

Me!
Years
Lolwut? XD

I would hate the challenge, I've played some challenges that required trading in Pokemon (SWAP MEET CHALLENGE HM?!) and they kept disobeying. Yes, it's rage-inducing. And yeah, nice party you got I suppose? Although I'm jalous that you got friends who play brawl ;( Only person I got who will play it with me is my girlfriend ;o. And her little brother :3

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
The craziest/best/only time i've blacked out party that i've been to was last year sometime. We were having a party at one of my friends places, but first my other friend was having a birthday party, so I thought I'd stop by. I went with my roommate, we were just going to stay for a few drinks and then leave for the better other party. But we got convinced into playing Apples to Apples at the birthday party, where every time you won a round you took a shot. My friend and I left 5 and 3 shots in, respectively.

Since we had stayed a bit longer than we wanted to, the party was already going pretty strong when we got there. And I was drunk to the point that when I saw alcohol, I wanted to drink it, so I ended up drinking more than I probably should have. Once everyone was sufficently unable to walk, half of us decided to go climb a tree. Apparently cops came like 2 minutes after we left, but there were only 5 people left, and they were watching a movie, so nothing happened.

Climbing a tree proved.... too difficult for me. One of my other friends like gashed her leg open, but she was drunk so it didn't hurt, and she didn't tell anyone (which probably was a mistake). After about 15 minutes of trying to climb the tree, someone saw her leg, so we went to a friend's apartment to bandage her up, where I fell asleep in the bathtub, as my "responsible" friend babysat me, stroking my back with an Eggman voice (if any of you have played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, it was the voice of Eggman petting a chao).

Edit: A beautiful picture that a friend drew of the night. I'm the one on the ground.

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Guysguysguys. Don't get too excited, but i might try to get back into this whole Pokemon thing. I know it'll be hard to control your excitement, since I'm so awesome, but do try to control yourselves ;P.

School's been craaaazy, and i got a new computer cause my old one died, so I need to download whole new emus and start challenges over and blahblahblah I'm going to try. I'll probably only play on weekends or whatever, but still.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
[Not sure if this would be approved as a thread so I'll put it here and someone can post it if it is any good.]

Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge.

Goal: Complete all 10 levels of Black Tower (or White Tree Hollow) with only one type of pokemon.

Rules:

1. All pokemon must share 1 type (duh)
  2. No Saving. If you Lose, you Lose. (You can't use saving to help you explore the levels. If you only use saving honestly to take a break, that is OK.)
Optional Rules:

1. Only use 3-4 Pokemon on Level 1-5. (Those levels are supposed to be easier, so use less than 6 Pokemon)
Very Optional Rules:

1. Only use Pure Type Pokemon. (no dual type Pokemon)
  2. Don't use any Pokemon with Recovery Moves
  3. Only use One Pokemon. (This way ALL of your Pokemon are the same type.)

I have a week off for thanksgiving before the month of November 2012 is over, so I'll start the challenge then.

Probably a Dragon Type Challenge.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
[Not sure if this would be approved as a thread so I'll put it here and someone can post it if it is any good.]

Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge.

Goal: Complete all 10 levels of Black Tower (or White Tree Hollow) with only one type of pokemon.

Rules:

1. All pokemon must share 1 type (duh)
  2. No Saving. If you Lose, you Lose. (You can't use saving to help you explore the levels. If you only use saving honestly to take a break, that is OK.)
Optional Rules:

1. Only use 3-4 Pokemon on Level 1-5. (Those levels are supposed to be easier, so use less than 6 Pokemon)
Very Optional Rules:

1. Only use Pure Type Pokemon. (no dual type Pokemon)
  2. Don't use any Pokemon with Recovery Moves
  3. Only use One Pokemon. (This way ALL of your Pokemon are the same type.)

I have a week off for thanksgiving before the month of November 2012 is over, so I'll start the challenge then.

Probably a Dragon Type Challenge.

I would definitely do this, I love this idea, I hope it does become a thread. I can start it if you want.

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Yeah, and add a suicide rule in it like I did :D. I arrived at the pokemon League with just a Floatzel. Which in theory had the coverage to beat Psychic, dark and Ghost. (Crunch and Low kick :D) But it had zero chance against Fighting. So I looked at the water types I didn't use and I could use Corsola or Starmie. So I trained up a Starmie from level 30 to 60. Then I challenge the league. Starmie dies to Marshall, but at a point that Floatzel could win. Then Floatzel killed the other members of the Elite Four. And now I stand there. Right before a Floatzel champion solo.

Wish me luck :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
HUGGERMUGGER COME BACK TO MEEEEE :(

Guys guys guys. I HAVE FREE TIME TODAY. That means I can edit that challengers list finally and and and like ummm do things like idk what the hell am i supposed to do i don't understand free time :( :( :(

oh i have a challenge to restart like i said i would. i could do that. yeah...maybe...i had sugar sorry.

edit: also our work is recognized in b2w2 did you know? you can get medals for soloing and monotyping the E4!! i'm gonna solo with petilil. :D eventually. and record. y/n

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Seems too similar to just a monotype. Why not just do a monotype on Black II/White II?

Yeah, that is why I hesitated in starting a thread. I was afraid of a Mod screaming, "That is just a regular Mono-Type Challenge!"

Except Mono-Type Tower doesn't require a new Game, just a new Team.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, that is why I hesitated in starting a thread. I was afraid of a Mod screaming, "That is just a regular Mono-Type Challenge!"

I don't scream. :( It wouldn't even be seen by anyone anyway. The most that would be seen by people would be in Unapproved Challenges and it'd just say "that's just a monotype challenge. Use the thread we already have." lol I'm not a mean mod so I'm a bit taken aback that you think I'd yell at you but oh well. ~_~

11wildy

Me!
Years
Yeah, Sydian can be stressed out, but will alsways be nice :). I hope >.> :3 planned my champions battle for my way to school, have to travel an hour by train. Perfect time to play Pokemon ;3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I try to be. XD I'm still human, so if my teeth show, I'm sorry! :3 I just passed out emblems for Challenge Bowl and I'm gonna probably start making a thread for Favorite Challenge V3. I just wrote out my list of favorites earlier. I'm feeling a bit lazy though and don't wanna restart my Jap Black 2 but eh. I'll get over it. I'm feeling a bit burnt out on B2W2 though idk. The beginning part, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back