• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ice Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinta77

The screenshots look very good except for the one where he is talking to may, it looks just like ruby/sapphire. Other then that though, this looks great. The tiles are awesome.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
The screenshots look very good except for the one where he is talking to may, it looks just like ruby/sapphire. Other then that though, this looks great. The tiles are awesome.

Yea, he hadn't inserted any indoor tiles.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Sorry to hear that. You'll be fine soon. xD
Btw you planned to do something surprising?

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Update:
Im sick, really sick so thats why i havn't replied to anyone.
No updates as i'm to sick to hack, ill be back in action in a few days.

Aww... Get well soon, bro! I'll be looking forward to some updates :)

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Yea, he hadn't inserted any indoor tiles.
Thanks pinta, and yes Pinkish Purple is correct, the inside tiles are yet to be changed but they will be inserted before the release, and that also is the same for Mays overworld.

Sorry to hear that. You'll be fine soon. xD
Btw you planned to do something surprising?
Yeah im fine now :D so thanks.
Nah nothing suprising just some new screens, oh and im learning ASM.

Aww... Get well soon, bro! I'll be looking forward to some updates :)
Thank you, and heres some updates :)

Update:
screen1.png

This here is a small section of Route Three, theres a few trainers, small market, some nice sights and the entrance to Hazelwood Powerstation.

screen2.png
screen3.png

And these two, the one on the left is the start of the Wetland Entrance, follow the rough terrain and you will end up in the right image which is the entry point to the Morwell Wetlands.
I hope you all enjoy and like always your feedback is much appreciated.​

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Nice Updates Man. No tile errors here and your mapping seems decent. I like how *you're making lots of places to go through. I think the beta will be long. Keep it Up :D

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Nice Updates Man. No tile errors here and your mapping seems decent. I like how *you're making lots of places to go through. I think the beta will be long. Keep it Up :D

Thanks, im trying to make the maps natural not just direct paths, so that way you have to explore the maps.
It won't be a beta, only an alpha because I plan on re-doing the in battle graphics and that might take some time and also inserting new ASM routines like the bug-free semi-transperant textboxs and mugshots, and making good use of the D/N/S system.
The purpose of the alpha is to just give people a sneak peak at the game, kinda like a virtual trailer.
But by the time you finish the alpha your Pokemon will be averaging level 20.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Ooh.... So will there be like a patch and you can continue with your level 20 Pokemon or will you have to start from scratch when the full version is released? and btw, welcome back :)

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Ooh.... So will there be like a patch and you can continue with your level 20 Pokemon or will you have to start from scratch when the full version is released? and btw, welcome back :)

Yes, you will have to start from scratch.
Things will have changed anyway, so it would be best to start over no matter what.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
One of my favorite hack in terms of graphics ^ ^
But I have a question for you: since I'm doing the routine asm of the semi-trasparent textbox and I'm going crazy XD, I wanted to know if you've entered with the asm or with wbto?

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
One of my favorite hack in terms of graphics ^ ^
But I have a question for you: since I'm doing the routine asm of the semi-trasparent textbox and I'm going crazy XD, I wanted to know if you've entered with the asm or with wbto?

Thank you andrea :)
Yes im using ASM, well im trying to anyway lol its very complicated.
And i wouldn't have a clue how to make the textbox like zenos and yours.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Kebbles why won't you answer my VMs about ur hack :(

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Awesome :) I know this is a ruby hack but isn't there a space constraint for tiles in Littleroot? I can't seem to fit in a house tile into Pallet town. And I mean by not adding tile space.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Awesome :) I know this is a ruby hack but isn't there a space constraint for tiles in Littleroot? I can't seem to fit in a house tile into Pallet town. And I mean by not adding tile space.

If your planning on inserting a few things change the tileset to saffron city or something along those lines, because those tilesets have heaps of room, thats what i do anyway..

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I figured that later I was still gonna have to use it so I use them map by map...

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I figured that later I was still gonna have to use it so I use them map by map...

My suggestion is instead of editing the fire red map just delete the whole map and do it from scratch using saffron citys tileset, then just re use the other tilesets depending on what you want to insert, because theres many large tilesets just go threw them all and you will see.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Perfect :) For now (since I started the routine) are only able to do this:
2e5s29i.png

Anyway not to go off topic with the topic to say that looks new updates ^^

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Perfect :) For now (since I started the routine) are only able to do this:
2e5s29i.png

Anyway not to go off topic with the topic to say that looks new updates ^^

Oh that seems like an annoying problem, im trying make the textbox cover the bottom of the screen like youts.
Thats okay :) thank you, hows your game coming along?
Have you been stuck on the textboxs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back