• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Problem w/ breeding

Years
Alright, so this is my first post. I'm currently playing htrough pok?mon Black, and I need HM slaves. Since I can't access a rufflet, or at least I think I can't, I decided to go with Ducklett and Oshawott. Conveniently, Oshawott was my starter I stuck my male Samurott with a female Patrat in the daycare and biked around for an hour. After at least two dozen eggs, I still didn't get a single Oshawott. Is there a reason for that or am I just plain unlucky? And if so, what slaves should I use?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
When breeding with two Pok?mon of different species, the female determines what the babies will be. Breeding with a female Patrat will mean the babies will always be Patrats

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Couple of other things to note now that I have some time:

If you're in the postgame, you can catch a Ditto (in the Giant Chasm forested area) and use that to breed with your Samurott to get Oshawotts. When you breed with Ditto the offspring are always of the species of the non-Ditto parent.

Samurott and Swanna together pretty much cover your HM needs, as Swanna can learn Fly, Surf, and Dive, while Samurott can learn Waterfall, Strength, and Cut (and Surf). Carracosta and Simipour also make for a good HM slave, as the former gets Surf, Waterfall, Dive, and Strength, while the latter gets Cut, Surf, Waterfall, and Dive meaning you only need Cut/Strength and Fly.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
eh, it's ok

shit happens, and you'll be able to make it through regardless

Back