• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
OMG WOAHHHH BEST HOUR EVAR!! I just hatched a shiny! The 49th egg (not counting the ones I accidently didn't accept from the daycare man) =D.
Spoiler:

I love you march <3

Years
@jscalalamoboy: Ah, thanks. I'm at 2450 resets right now. I'm glad to hear my site will help you. If it can help just a few people with their chaining, I'll be happy :) Oh, and good luck with Mewtwo :D

@Super onii chan: Wow! Keep some luck for everyone else eh? ;) Just kidding obviously.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2010
So I took a break on hatching tangela to go to the bug catching contest. I ran into this little guy and it totally caught me off guard! This my first random shiny ^_^. OH and sorry for the bad quality >_>

Wow, that's amazing. I also didn't know shiny pinsir was blue... that's kind of amusing, actually. Congrats!

I'm at 25 SR's for Shiny Charmander. Obviously, not very far. I've only been trying for a good half hour. But, I'll get there....

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 9, 2010
So I want to SR myself a Shiny starter on SS will the shiny sprite appear when you choose the 3 pokemon?
Also do I save infront of the machine holding the 3 pokemon?

Will this happen in the UK version?

Thanks for your time and help!

Years
So I want to SR myself a Shiny starter on SS will the shiny sprite appear when you choose the 3 pokemon?
Also do I save infront of the machine holding the 3 pokemon?

Will this happen in the UK version?

Thanks for your time and help!

Yes, the shiny sprite will show when you choose the 3 pokemon. And ya, save in front of the machine so you don't have to go through professor Elm explaining everything all the time :P

I'm 99.999% sure it works with the UK version :)

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 9, 2010
Thanks a bunch!
I did 200 SRs and only Shiny Totodile appeared which I really didn't want which turned out to be Mild so I refused it.

Maybe i'll SR another Shiny? Ho-oh? Lugia?

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Gave up on Mewtwo and went to the GTS, that place is more corrupt than a politician, no I won't give you a Deoxys for a Caterpie. Got a level 100 Ditto from Japan that was holding a Master Ball, time for Masuda hatching shinies. Anyone want some free Eevees?

Froggy, I'd share my luck but I need it right now.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
Years
Thanks a bunch!
I did 200 SRs and only Shiny Totodile appeared which I really didn't want which turned out to be Mild so I refused it.

Maybe i'll SR another Shiny? Ho-oh? Lugia?

Why didn't you just keep it and trade it off or something? That's pretty rare; some have had to reset thousands of times for a shiny Totodile.

Also, hey guys. I have the feeling I joined this club a while ago. Anyhow, just SR'd a shiny Chikorita the other day on Soul Silver ;D 270-ish resets if I recall.

Named him Saffron! Also, he's Bold natured, which I'm told is pretty good for a Meganium? Idk.

Thinking of going for a shiny Lugia when I get up to him. As for the moment, I've got my Odd Egg (in Crystal) and am anticipating something purrrdy :B

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
Years
Feels so great to be back, btw i got HG and no new shinys in any other game...but right now im soft resetting for shiny Suicune....wish me luck good luck and congrats all. glad to be back.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Gave up on Mewtwo and went to the GTS, that place is more corrupt than a politician, no I won't give you a Deoxys for a Caterpie. Got a level 100 Ditto from Japan that was holding a Master Ball, time for Masuda hatching shinies. Anyone want some free Eevees?

Indeed, I have noticed that they are out of control with wants on there. I however got a Japanese Ditto for a Phanpy, and a Japanese Eevee for a Squirtle. So you can find some nice ones if you take the time. The only shinys I saw on there was a big jump in Red Gyarados, lol. I didn't have much time to look around for deals.

So that's what it is called 'Masuda hatching'? When you use one Japanese PKMN and one American one to breed eggs? (I have been out of the loop for a good year, so please forgive me.) On which games does it change the odds to the higher shiny chance? I know for HGold/SSilver, but on any others? (As I may have to switch my breeding Ditto/Typhlosion pair over to the right game.)

Thank you in advance.

On the Shiny hunt: Nothing in mine, but my mum caught her Red Dos in her version of HGold. She got it female.

Years

Indeed, I have noticed that they are out of control with wants on there. I however got a Japanese Ditto for a Phanpy, and a Japanese Eevee for a Squirtle. So you can find some nice ones if you take the time. The only shinys I saw on there was a big jump in Red Gyarados, lol. I didn't have much time to look around for deals.

So that's what it is called 'Masuda hatching'? When you use one Japanese PKMN and one American one to breed eggs? (I have been out of the loop for a good year, so please forgive me.) On which games does it change the odds to the higher shiny chance? I know for HGold/SSilver, but on any others? (As I may have to switch my breeding Ditto/Typhlosion pair over to the right game.)

Thank you in advance.

On the Shiny hunt: Nothing in mine, but my mum caught her Red Dos in her version of HGold. She got it female.

Your mom plays Pokemon? That's awesome :D Oh, and yes, from what I hear, if you breed two Pokemon from different game origins, the chances of getting a shiny is dropped to about 1/2000 :)

Anyways, I'm at 3000 resets for Ho-oh now :S

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Your mom plays Pokemon? That's awesome :D Oh, and yes, from what I hear, if you breed two Pokemon from different game origins, the chances of getting a shiny is dropped to about 1/2000 :)

Anyways, I'm at 3000 resets for Ho-oh now :S

'o.O wtf? *Pokes Ho-Oh* Stupid Ho... Oh.

Thank you in advance.

Works on all 4th Gen games.
Also yes, its foreign + one of your Pokemon = 1/2000 chance of shiny rather than an insane 1/8000
Oh and can I join? ^-^

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
@ Froggy_00 - *nods* Yeah, my mom has played Pokemon from around the time of Yellow edition. (I started with the original Red and Blue.)

@ jscalalamoboy - Yes, you may join, let me be the first to welcome you. :)

Thank you both for the information on the odds. I've been breeding for a Shiny Cyndaquil on Diamond.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
@ Froggy_00 - *nods* Yeah, my mom has played Pokemon from around the time of Yellow edition. (I started with the original Red and Blue.)

@ jscalalamoboy - Yes, you may join, let me be the first to welcome you. :)

Thank you both for the information on the odds. I've been breeding for a Shiny Cyndaquil on Diamond.

Thanks for the welcome, I have been Masuda hatching for 3 days now... 90 Eevees and 90 Beldums.. No shiny. I am starting to breed for 90 Charmanders. After that I'm starting again and giving away all my non-shinies. 90 Charmanders=1 day of breeding (:

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
*laughs* I stopped counting when I got to over 300 Cyndaquil, then kept the ones with the best stats (only 4) and released the others.

Well I know it will take a while, but hit up youtube. I've seen 47&48 (he got 2 shinies in a row)
70... People are getting so lucky and hatching shinies like crazy.

Years
@Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: Ha, that's pretty cool. I wish my mom played Pokemon :P Actually... that would be kinda weird ._.

@jscalalamoboy: Inorite? Stoooopid bird. I'm at 3250 resets now. :S

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
@Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: Ha, that's pretty cool. I wish my mom played Pokemon :P Actually... that would be kinda weird ._.

@jscalalamoboy: Inorite? Stoooopid bird. I'm at 3250 resets now. :S

Sorry. Soon... You shall get it soon, my friend.

The Red Chain

I'm a hugeeee shiny hunter and my current target is Cyndaquil in SoulSilver.
I spent about 15 hours yesterday SRing and am up to 6 hours today. XD;

Now I've decided to start a new file and SR for a good Trainer ID and then I'll continue lol. :3

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
You'll have to wait until a co-owner formally admits you into the club, The Red Chain, but welcome regardless! Please be sure to stick around!

I really like your name and signature, by the way. :3

Anyways...I'll just copy and paste the the video description of the video I'm currently uploading onto YouTube. Here ya go!

Note: I got this on March 30th, NOT March 31st.

Just when I thought I was done for March Madness, Lady Luck strikes again!

And this time, it was on my SoulSilver version. After a mere 2032 soft resets, I got my second shiny starter, my fifth shiny for March Madness, and my 45th 1/8192 shiny.

Spoiler:

Everyone, say hello to my shiny Chikorita!

For those that are curious, its stats are:

HP: 19
Atk: 10
Def: 12
SAtk: 11
SDef: 9
Speed: 10

I haven't hunted too much this past week because I've been so busy with AAU basketball. I wasn't even supposed to be hunting on this particular night because I have a ton of work to do, but with all the videos of people getting shinies, I truly just could not resist! So, I powered up my SoulSilver version, and did a total of 132 soft resets today (I had 1900 soft resets prior to today), switching IDs every 50 resets. On the 32nd soft reset of this particular save file...well, you know what happened! :) Despite the fact that it says 2031 soft resets on the calculator I was using, I count a soft reset after I've actually done it, so I was on the 2032nd soft reset total. I hope that makes sense, haha

Earlier, I said that I would join in on the shiny quest that kirk proposed, and I plan on keeping that promise, or at least I will make a serious attempt to try. I'm not in any rush to play through SoulSilver since I've played through half of it on HeartGold, so my next target will be Wooper on the Route 32. Since Wooper only appears at night on that route on SoulSilver, I plan on SRing for Ho-oh during the day time.

As for what my next main target will be, I cannot be sure...in all honesty, I would like to get a shiny Paras on FR, but I have a feeling that that particular shiny won't ever shine for me. I also would not mind getting a shiny Trapinch on Ruby or Sapphire version. Meh, I'll just cross that road when I get to it; for now, however, I must enjoy my shiny Chikorita!

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:
Back