• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Is there any possibility for Pokemon having 3 types in your Game (especially some legendaries because I think they should be very special). Sorry if this question was asked before I havent red the previous pages. Also I dont know if this is possible to make but Im quite sure to have seen something like this. If you want I can search the game/rom where I saw it.

Some example:
Kyurem (+Zekrom) Ice, Electric, Dragon
Kyurem (+Reshiram) Ice, Fire, Dragon

PS: I really like your idea and wish you best of luck!!!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Is there any possibility for Pokemon having 3 types in your Game (especially some legendaries because I think they should be very special). Sorry if this question was asked before I havent red the previous pages. Also I dont know if this is possible to make but Im quite sure to have seen something like this. If you want I can search the game/rom where I saw it.

Some example:
Kyurem (+Zekrom) Ice, Electric, Dragon
Kyurem (+Reshiram) Ice, Fire, Dragon

PS: I really like your idea and wish you best of luck!!!

Sorry Turk! But 3 types will not be a thing :/
It does sound interesting but it changes a lot for not a lot of gain.

If you're interested (And I can't remember if I mentioned it before)
There's a crafting mechanic I'm adding, where you can craft new things from thing like berries for example - one of these "junk" items are clear stones. When you use an evolutionary stone, you get a clear stone afterwards which is basically a "used" evolutionary stone.

How Mega evolution works is the pokemon reaches it's full potential with the trainer's bond as the catalyst. Primal reversion on the other hand uses nature as the catalyst. Because of this, you can use primal reversions as much as you want, but only mega evolution once per battle.

I say this because I won't allow the player to catch legendaries in my game (save for some psuedo legendaries maybe) instead, legendaries are hidden in the overworld in hard to find dungeons - those dungeons are pretty difficult and the legendary at the end is an un-catchable "boss battle" something you would see in a traditional RPG. Once you've defeated the legendary, that one will infuse one clear stone with their power, ie, making the catalyst for mega evolution be the legendary. Something else pretty cool is that the few select pokemon able to achieve this legendary evolution will have the properties of that legendary in their design which I'm pretty pumped to see!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2016
If you like rpg alot and you want to include a few special fakemon as boss battles then a few good characters from games or myths are Bahumut from final fantasy, Leviathan, you know the serpent that can wrap around an entire planet from myths, chimeras, cerberus, etc. Just brainstorming. Its just an idea, don't really expect to see it happening but I just wanted to put it out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
If you've been trying to download my "latest demo" I apologize, but it's too old and not any representation of the current demo. That being said, I'm hard at work remaking nearly the entire game.

From the very beginning I've been striving to be as gender inclusive as possible and sensitive to people who have been excluded from representation in general. I attempted this before by making a gender fluid main character who cross-dresses. However I've deviated from this in a better way. Before, it wasn't obvious that the character didn't have a real "gender" in the sense of being strictly male/female. So now I've changed the whole idea of it. The character can still cross-dress and wear any outfit that exists, but the gender is a bit different. I've done what I have not seen anywhere else, thanks to @cilerbaa when you choose your gender, you have 3 options:
Male, Female, Other. When choosing male or female, the game automatically changes all pronouns to be male or female respectively. However, when choosing "Other" you are given several text options where you type in anything (up to 16 characters) for "His/hers" "He/she" "Him/her" "Himself/herself". In this way you can called anything you want, if there are specific pronouns you prefer to be called, ANY pronoun you WANT to be called YOU WILL BE CALLED IT. Or, if you prefer to have a silly name, and want to make the game say ridiculous things to you, go for it, by all means, you have 16 characters to work with, instead of saying "She chose a squirtle" you can have it be "Why would you chose a squirtle" it's a game, have fun or feel represented.

Furthermore, I'm implementing new ideas and concepts more reminiscent of RPG's such as a "PULSE" which is the characters stats: Perception Utility Luck Speech Empathy. At the beginning of the game when you choose your character you also get to choose your PULSE. In the game's lore, everyone has Aura (this is a bigger deal I assure you!) and the wavelength of everyone varies. (you see, your pulse refers to your aura wavelength, yeah I know, I'm very clever)

Continuing this, Aura will be playing a much larger role in my game. It was meant to be a major story element, but it sort of got lost in what I've been working on lately, so, in reworking everything, I've been working with the idea that Aura is the CENTRAL key to the story. Everything revolves around it, and stems from it. As of late, I've been very much involved in working on Gen 2 aspects, and nearly changed Litharreon to Gen 2 entirely. However, I love the Gen 3 work I've done, and I love those OW's as well. As a way of satisfying both of these aspects, while changing the gameplay and story elements I've decided to make Time Travel a lot more prevalent as well! It's accomplished through Aura, and becomes a key feature for how you look at puzzles in the world. From being able to change things in the past to affect the present, to getting to different areas in the past through cleared paths in the present - the use of Time Travel is a lot more streamlined and hopefully will make for an interesting gaming experience.

Originally, the rivals were the group Agatha and Oak were apart of, with a third member who was an OC. The game as a whole takes place in the past, and it would have young Oak and Agatha. But the prospect of making an original game with established characters is not only difficult, it's pretty awkward to play with; which brings me to my next point:

RIVALS
The rivals are no longer established characters, instead you will have 3 rivals with more information coming later.
For now, you can think of the male rival as one who is "rough around the edges." He's from one town over, and not actually your friend, instead you happen to get your first Pokemon at the same time, and just become friends. He's nice, but doesn't open up until later on and after you spend more time with him. He looks like a 50's greaser, but is actually nice when you get to know him, it's only at first that he seems rough and unfriendly. There are optional quests and things you can do with him which increases your friendship with him, and this is where you learn more about him and who he is. He has higher stats in Utility and Empathy but lower in Speech and Perception. [He will replace Selena's role]

The other rival you meet nearly immediately is a girl who is best described as a sweet little watermelon. She is adorable and sweet but incredibly intelligent, independent and rather nerdy. She is very outgoing and sweet to people, but also trivializes most things, as she feels she is too smart to really take them too seriously. She replaces Oak's role as the one who gives you the Pokedex, as she has been researching recent technological advancements, and found a way to make a catalog of Pokemon that you encounter. The more you get to know her the more she'll start to take thing seriously and take on greater responsibilities. She is an independent woman who doesn't require validation of any other character or figure to be established as one herself, but she grows as she comes in more contact with people who, while not as smart as her, have values where she lacks greatly herself. She has very high stats in Perception and Empathy but very low Speech and Luck.

The third rival is more of a mystery for a reason, she is a true rival to everything you are trying to do. She stands in your way at every turning point and every major story point. She, like you, is an Aura Reaver. This term is new to most, if not, all of you - but has existed for so long. It was meant to be a plot element revealed later on, but will be revealed in pieces a bit sooner than planned. Her being an Aura Reaver means that the things you do can be done, while in a different way, by her as well, and the attempts you make for good, can be undone by her as well.

Finally, the Evil team has been reworked. Before they were members of silph in an alternate timeline, where in attempting to create the ultimate pokemon, they used Eevee instead of Mew. while this is still their initial goal, it's no longer the "alternate timeline" version of Silph. Instead it's was the first attempt of the members of [REDACTED]. However, after this failure, they have shifted their focus to the use of Aura to achieve their goals. After their failed attempt, their organization took a major loss. The remaining members changed their focus to try and create peace through different means rather than with power. Their goal is now to "Create the most amount of peace and prosperity amongst the greatest number of people." However, the way they go about this, with the use of Aura, will surprise you! I hope to create a compelling antagonist group with cool ideas, and gray areas that challenge how you look at them in reflection.

This is just some of the things I've been working on lately in the development of Litharreon. I hope you can see why, with all of this underway, I would be embarrassed of the "latest demo" of Litharreon. It in no way represents my vision anymore, and doesn't show my skill as a developer anymore. Good news though! a lot of this is either existing, or being worked on, and I hope to have a playable demo within a month or two. There is no definitive deadline or anything, but the demo is coming very soon. I have a lot on my plate, but should have a lot more free time coming soon, so I hope to work more on this project! I hope you enjoy this announcement, it is in no way EVERYTHING I have been working on (I'm a little sneak) but everything will be revealed some day! Enjoy your weekends everyone!

Link broken

PLEASE, read some other previous posts before posting a comment like this. Saves us all some time, effort, annoyance, and frustration.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
This looks and sounds incredible, but I'm dying to hear an update. Is there any news on the progress or beta front?

Hope all is well and this project is alive and kicking. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Wow,lots of responses...and I'll add mine. I really want this. Hope it's going well for you. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 7, 2016
I know that this is a bit older, but I am very interested in this. Great concepts, and an interesting premise. Are you continuing development on this?
If so are you in need of assistance from the community? I would be happy to help in any degree that I could.

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
cant wait for it!! (can you plz give me your mega/gen 6 sprites? i really want them)

MavenTrainer

PokeTuber
Years
The story sounds great and its interesting to see it take place in the past. Gonna def give this one a play.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
^It looks like this game won't have anything as it's cancelled. The creator hasn't been on in almost 4 years.

Back