• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Challenge

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Before, I start explaining, the base idea of this challenge was not created by me, it has been around a long time, but since there is not an open thread on the challenge here, Ill make one (with a few different game modes, to make it more interesting)

POKEMON SHINY CHALLENGE

In this challenge one must complete the game using only shiny pokemon obtained in the game, in which the challenge is being played

Standard Rules(apply to every difficulty)

1. The game must be completed through the final champion/boss of the region
2. The challenger may only use shiny pokemon, (starter and any HM salves must be shiny as well, NO exceptions)
3. The shiny pokemon must be caught within the game they are playing and not traded from a different game
4. The player may catch a shiny by any means available
5. Any game or hack can be played, the challenge ends once you have defeated the strongest trainer in the game and the champion

Difficulty of challenge​

Easy
The player may use any number of shinies they wish to use, no set requirement

Moderate
The player must have a new shiny obtained before every gym battle

Hard
The player must catch a new random encounter shiny before every gym battle and Elite Four round, in addition to catching every legendary/static encounter/starter as a shiny

Insane
The player must catch every available gift/legendary/static/NPC trade as a shiny, in addition to catching a shiny pokemon in every route of the game

EndPoints

Red/Blue: defeat champion
gold/silver/crystal: defeat red and champion (kanto)
ruby/sapphire: defeat steven
emerald: defeat champion
diamond/pearl/platinum: defeat champion
black/white/black 2/white : never played these games myself, so beat the champion, if there is a higher trainer, beat them too
x/y: defeat az
oras: defeat the delta episode and then elite four rematch
sun/moon: defeat elite four rematch

Easy Champions
Spoiler:

Moderate Champions
Spoiler:

Hard Champions
Spoiler:

Insane Champions
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I will do my sign up

Xander729
Pokémon soulsilver
Hard Mode

Shinies: 1

I soft reseted for the starter and got Shiny Cyndaquil on the second day.
Battled all the trainers up until the first gym.
Cyndaquil evolved into a badass looking Quilava.
For my second shiny I'm hunting in route 32.

Team:

quilava.png

Quilava Lvl 15 (Starter)

Quick Attack, Ember, Leer, Smokescreen

Back