• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thanks Cyclone, I didn't see it...
No problem. :)

Just for future, check the previous couple of pages for the same problem next time; it's for your sake, not for ours, as you would get your answer faster. :) Obviously we wouldn't expect you to check 35 pages in full, however, as something in an updated build likely didn't happen on, say, page 17. :D

Cyclone

Years
Well cheats can do nasty stuff even to official games anf since this is a hack and it got lots of scrilts its not adviced to use any cheat at all this was never a problem for me bc i never use cheats :D
I found my heracross near the pokemon center near the union cave i used headbutt on a tree which can be blocked in Fridays when a weekly sibling stands there.
You can also encounter Aipoms in that tree ;)

Diego do you plan on having team magma & aqua on sevii since there will be 3 gen pokemon there those teams would fit well and make them search for Groudon n Kyogre or something like that and make those 2 pokemon be encountered after you defeat the teams
You could even add team rocket there and have some epic war between them with some strong trainers (Silver, Lance or key characters from other regions) helping you fight the teams :D

I was also wondering if you can make buttons l or r to open pokegear
It would be cool to have r for opening the gear and l maybe umm for opening the pokedex xD

Btw can u pls change my name in the credits to Giratina 777 :P

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Diego do you plan on having team magma & aqua on sevii since there will be 3 gen pokemon there those teams would fit well and make them search for Groudon n Kyogre or something like that and make those 2 pokemon be encountered after you defeat the teams
You could even add team rocket there and have some epic war between them with some strong trainers (Silver, Lance or key characters from other regions) helping you fight the teams :D

1. It's Orange Islands that he's putting in, I believe.
2. I vote no for this, even though Diego said OI will have it's own story. If OI's going to have it's own story, I feel it should be less "fanfic-like" than say... Liquid Crystal has been inserting for some unknown reason.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
2. I vote no for this, even though Diego said OI will have it's own story. If OI's going to have it's own story, I feel it should be less "fanfic-like" than say... Liquid Crystal has been inserting for some unknown reason.
Actually, if I recall correctly, he was planning on putting in the Sevii Islands, not the Orange Islands.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Thanks for the updates diego, the battle sprites as well as the updated backsprites and pokedex palette change look awesome. I'm so excited for the next beta, i was thinking if i could trade on vba emulator with fire red to enhance my experience of getting kanto starter pokemon early on the game. I haven't tried trading with fr/lg yet on my crystal dust, do you know how can this be done?
Trading should work fine with the right version of VBA Link.
Wow wth i didnt visit this thread because i didnt got a notification that there are new messages posted here and i missed a cool update xD

I found some bugs in the last version i tried (the one before the pokedex update), some are maybe fixed in the latest patch but i dont know for sure so maybe you will wanna have a look at them

I believe that there is a hidden Nugget somewhere in this place but i didnt found any
2m4yts3.png

I have 1 space left in my party but i get this when i try to get an ABRA
I can get it if i have 2 free spaces
4vh8cz.png

Some times theres no option of YES/NO for this npc when she asks if the player wants to register her in the phone but some times she asks...
15k6te.png

The reflection of the player appears in those flowers when you surf in that spot
288zg2q.png

Both npcs who are near the sick miltank got weird characters in their dialogues while the miltank is sick and when it becomes healthy their dialogues dont get updated and remain the same

And this happened after i left the Farm
ay0uuf.png

The clock stopped and its always night ingame i stopped playing because of this bug :(

Btw is it normal if my pokemons current hp wont incease when it lvl ups while its max hp increases
For example if my pokemon had 2/34 hp and by lvl up it gets +2 hp and it haves 2/36 hp instead of 4/36
This happens when my pokemon are almost ready to faint and the hp bar is red.
Edit: This Doesnt happens in Emerald

patrick_20052005 Try the VBA-M emulator it has an option to link you can start a new game in fr/lg and try to trade the starters to your crystaldust game
I've fixed all these issues but the Pokégear girl (and possible HP bug) in the latest patch. If you have a save from after you talked to those girls, delete it because you can't use it anymore.
I'll fix more stuff tomorrow.
Hi! Diego, its been long time since I last posted... But I have always been keeping my eyes on in this thread... CrystalDust is becoming more & more crystal accurate with every small details... It looks very authentic & awesome... BTW, I was wondering if u figured out how to implement ruins of alph puzzle without any glitch... Waiting desparately for beta 3...

@patrick, if u r playing on pc, u can download vba link & use it to trade with FR/LG...
Sorry, the RoA puzzle might take a while to implement.
Btw do you plan to change the look of the clock in the beggining of the game and in the players house or leave it like it is with the Emeralds design

And i wonder if getting stars in the trainers card will unlock some ingame dialogues (after the crystal original events are over) with some npcs like in hg/ss with nurse Joy having extra dialogues when the player gets some stars.
Also will npcs recognize the player as a champion after he becomes the champion?

As for the updates the male and female heros sprites and Bugsys & Whitneys OWs are awesome and the new wild pokemon theme is very cool nice job guys
If someone would give me a new design for the clock and I liked it, I could use it.
Thanks guys, but do i need to get the ruby, sapphire stone on my fr/lg save file to trade with crystal dust? since it is after all a hack of emerald. And with that in mind, i need to finish both e4s on fr/lg and crystal dust right?

Also, will there be an implementation of the time capsule in this game? I was wondering if it can bypass those requirements from fr/lg.
The same requirements are necessary, sorry. But the idea for the Time Capsule sounds interesting.
Hmm i guess you will have to get the Ruby and Sapphire and have all the other requirements in your fr/lg games as for CrystalDust i think you will need to have the national dex because you needed it in emerald but since Diego changed the pokedex now Johto and Kanto Pokemon are registered so maybe he did enabled the national dex from the start of the game...

I love the new Pokedex design great job tonti!

I found a small bug, Im not sure if you are aware of this problem so ill just let you know that i get this when i try to compare the size of a Pokemon with the size of the Player
15e7a86.png
I'm fixing this now, expect a new patch tomorrow.
A really amazing hack it would be the best if you could use gameshark codes,catch all the starters and evolve Pokemon without trading in future releases...anticipating beta 3
GameSharks are not supported and never will be. But evolving Pokémon without trading is possible right now.
Can someone give me a hand? After I defeated Rocket Team at the Radio Station, in Goldenrod, and i'm entering the 3rd floor of Tin Tower, the screen turns black and the game freezes... what should i do?
All right, please explain what this 3rd floor is. Do you mean the third room, the first containing the guy that checks for the Clear Bell?
Well cheats can do nasty stuff even to official games anf since this is a hack and it got lots of scrilts its not adviced to use any cheat at all this was never a problem for me bc i never use cheats :D
I found my heracross near the pokemon center near the union cave i used headbutt on a tree which can be blocked in Fridays when a weekly sibling stands there.
You can also encounter Aipoms in that tree ;)

I was also wondering if you can make buttons l or r to open pokegear
It would be cool to have r for opening the gear and l maybe umm for opening the pokedex xD

Btw can u pls change my name in the credits to Giratina 777 :P
Don't you worry, I still have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing with Sevii. And yes, I can change your name. Expect this in tomorrow's patch.
1. Nope, it's Sevii. LaZ is doing Orange Islands.
2. I can't quite have Sevii in there without having my own story, as Sevii didn't exist in GSC...

So yeah, expect the "Dang it, I messed up again, lemme go fix that" patch tomorrow!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
i was wondering will you be able to save your money by giving it to the mom in the next patch cause if you battle the elite four and if you lose they take a lot money from you so it's better to give all the cash to her and take it after you defeat them

Years
Thanks Diego and btw i already deleted the save i start a new game after every new patch

Pokelover that is planned for a future beta when Diego finds a way.to implement this

Btw a question about the pokemon that appear at different times of a day you said that you will add them even if Advance Map wont be updated but will you add them in the same locations from Crystal or different locations?

And lol will you add pokemon OWs in sevii islands it would be nice to see pokemon in towns there are not many pokemons outside of the grass and battles id love to see more pokemons rather than always seeing only human npcs :d

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
That's good :)....btw I just got a poliwag how can I evolve it into a politoad without trading???

UtopiaRay

Pokemon Champion
Years
Awe man! This is just sweet, just what i hoped for a Crystal remake on a Emerald based rom! This is going to be great!

Sierraffinity

Years
Btw a question about the pokemon that appear at different times of a day you said that you will add them even if Advance Map wont be updated but will you add them in the same locations from Crystal or different locations?

And lol will you add pokemon OWs in sevii islands it would be nice to see pokemon in towns there are not many pokemons outside of the grass and battles id love to see more pokemons rather than always seeing only human npcs :d
The Pokémon should pear at their normal locations from Crystal. And I might add in more Pokémon overworld in Sevii, but anything related to Sevii is still a long way away.
That's good :)....btw I just got a poliwag how can I evolve it into a politoad without trading???
Level it up once holding the item it needed to hold during a link trade otherwise.
Awe man! This is just sweet, just what i hoped for a Crystal remake on a Emerald based rom! This is going to be great!
Thanks for the praise!

By the way, small update today which fixes the bugs recently reported by ElitePokes (minus the HP bug; currently looking into that). However, a few small bugs from earlier still persist. These will be fixed within the next week or maybe as soon as tomorrow.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I apologize if this has been asked already but is there a physical special move split in here? I understand the original didn't, but when it was remade to HG/SS it was found there too. It would be really awesome if this does include it, if not its still cool as I can shred teams up with elemental punch alakazam. On another note, so far everything is amazing. It's unbelievable what you have done, I look forward to the next update.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I tried your new bug fix patch and found a bug...in the beginning of the game before you get your new starter you can't talk to the lady who tells you not to go in the grass and you can't read the sign that describes new bark either....hope you can fix it soon :)

Sierraffinity

Years
On another note, so far everything is amazing. It's unbelievable what you have done, I look forward to the next update.
Thanks for the praise!
I tried your new bug fix patch and found a bug...in the beginning of the game before you get your new starter you can't talk to the lady who tells you not to go in the grass and you can't read the sign that describes new bark either....hope you can fix it soon :)
Sorry about this, I was testing something out and needed some in-game scripts to reuse.

Sorry guys, but I didn't get around to a bug fix patch today. Mainly because of this:

By the way, yes, that is my voice.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Diego, I found a bug in beta 2, and I don't know if you already fixed it...

I was playing, and suddenly, the night came, and the Pokégear was showing the time: 44:45 PM.

See ya

Sierraffinity

Years
hey no problem Diego we know how busy you are due to upcoming Christmas and stuff:D
It's not even that; I've just been distracted with things like Wonder Cards.
Thats an very interesting video :D
Im waiting for the bugfixes to play in the battle tower again :)
Well, you're done waiting. The bugfix patch for pretty much every reported bug is out now.
Minus, of course, the Headbutt trees and any new bug that I accidentally made.
hehe you know what would be a nice Christmas gift.........beta 3 :D
Sorry, that's not going to happen. But hey! Another Christmas gift might be coming your way... ;)
Diego, I found a bug in beta 2, and I don't know if you already fixed it...

I was playing, and suddenly, the night came, and the Pokégear was showing the time: 44:45 PM.

See ya
This has been reported before and fixed in today's patch.

So if you somehow missed it from my earlier comments, a bugfix patch is out today that should fix a lot of broken things. Get it now!

Back