• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Electro Ball

Years
FLxDNt7.png

wVsBLpy.png

Guys! This is FAARSAL. I'm here with my very first hack.
I have tried to make it the best I could. It is suppposed to be hack different from the traditional ones( Collect badges & won League etc..) Hope you're gonna like it.

lLFbEDt.png

You are a boy of 12 years & it's not your birthday(It's a usual day ofcourse :) )
A new Pokemon professor has moved your town from Kanto Region( Yeah, it's OAK) but he has
brought some problems with him. Since his arrival, a Legendery Pokemon from Unova Region
has started to appear in the region. One day he calls you and ask you to bring some special information
from his friend in other town. From this time you keep bumping into Gary Oak, Ash Ketchum &
some other anime stars to fullfill the task Oak assinged you.

R0H723g.png

*New Region
*New Graphics
*New Tiles
*New Pokemon ( From All Gen 1-6)
*New Story
*Physical/Special/Status Split
*New Moves
*New Overworlds
*Choose from Four Starters(All from Sinnoh)
*Updated Pokemon Sprites
*Travel with Ash & Brock
*Pokemon League Tournament (Like Anime because Elite Four are quiet bad)
*New Characters & Rivals
*Decaptilization( The Rom won't SHOUT on you :) )

o46rCM1.png

Spoiler:

pmGsSie.png

Wingull Town
Spoiler:

Tranquil City
Spoiler:

Divine City
Spoiler:

Bravery City
Spoiler:

Togekiss Town
Spoiler:

Raptor X
Spoiler:

tnjUHpX.png

Nex-------------------------------Tiles & Insertion of Some Tiles
Wesley FG------------------------Tiles
Aethestode-----------------------Female Heroine Sprite
Alucas-----------------------------Tiles
FAARSAL-------------Scripting,Mapping & Everything
MrDS---------------------Attack & Decap Patch
64x64 Sprite Resource------------------------Pokemon Sprites
Ruki Makino----------------------------------------Battle Backgrounds
LeiAlcantara025--------------------------------For HP Bars Resource Patch

WYBAZf8.png

Spoiler:

583DvuU.png

Pokemon Electro Ball Alpha 1

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Hi,

Have you considered joining a development team at all? Some people are better with some aspects of hacking than others, and if you work well in a group environment it may make for a more fruitful ROM hack overall.

Anyway, I would suggest looking at other hacks, and their storylines/mapping and possibly playing the hacks as well. Your mapping is overly simplistic and the backported 3D sprites aren't inserted very cleanly, and the maps themselves have way too much negative space (try and rethink the structure of the towns). If I were you I'd not focus much at all on tiles until your other skill areas shape up a bit. Also, your story isn't all too bad, however still I'd recommend removing some of the marysue-ish aspects of it and adding in a little spontaneous creativity (the anime crossover is a bit... out of place? idk).

I hope my comments helped in making your hack. Good luck

Reactions: Sun

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Nooooooo!!
My hack's region name is Sky!!

To be honest, I wouldn't consider Sky a good name for a region. Region names are usually a bit more creative. But I'm not really in any position to judge. :P

Back on topic, Screens look nice. You made good use of Sinnoh's tiles. You could work with the Male Player's OW a bit.

Scratch that, It's actually pretty good. I think the hair's just a bit dark for dithering.

Last edited:

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Well good work mate!!! Your DPPt Trees and tiles fit with the HGSS style buildings!!!
it gives a very diversed aroma

Years
Hi,

Have you considered joining a development team at all? Some people are better with some aspects of hacking than others, and if you work well in a group environment it may make for a more fruitful ROM hack overall.

Anyway, I would suggest looking at other hacks, and their storylines/mapping and possibly playing the hacks as well. Your mapping is overly simplistic and the backported 3D sprites aren't inserted very cleanly, and the maps themselves have way too much negative space (try and rethink the structure of the towns). If I were you I'd not focus much at all on tiles until your other skill areas shape up a bit. Also, your story isn't all too bad, however still I'd recommend removing some of the marysue-ish aspects of it and adding in a little spontaneous creativity (the anime crossover is a bit... out of place? idk).

I hope my comments helped in making your hack. Good luck
I have made many new maps for the game but you are only seeing the screen shots of very first town. I have made it simple for a reason you know. and if you don't then you will know very soon

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I have made many new maps for the game but you are only seeing the screen shots of very first town. I have made it simple for a reason you know. and if you don't then you will know very soon

Judging from the maps you have presented later ones don't seem likely to be all that different... you can prove me wrong though.

Years
Judging from the maps you have presented later ones don't seem likely to be all that different... you can prove me wrong though.

It's my own style. But yes I will consider to make them better. Improvement is always needed even if you make the best you have.........

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 31, 2015
The tiles look well combined, but con the screens I see very poor mappings. Style looks like Pokemon Platinum Red and Blue...
Anyway, sprites are pretty well and I think you can improve this, and show us more things. Go on!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
My only concern is scripting, make sure everything's spelled correctly. Other than that I am pretty eager to see how this goes.

Years
I'm curious about the title of this hack: is the move Electro Ball buffed or something? It just seems like a relatively random move to name the hack after, even if Pikachu is of significance, because there's the sig move in Volt Tackle and the sig item in Light Ball that would both hold more relevance. Is there a meaning I'm missing?

Years
I'm curious about the title of this hack: is the move Electro Ball buffed or something? It just seems like a relatively random move to name the hack after, even if Pikachu is of significance, because there's the sig move in Volt Tackle and the sig item in Light Ball that would both hold more relevance. Is there a meaning I'm missing?
Nice Questions. Electro ball is involved in the task that is given to the hero by Prof.OAK..... Story is well written but sorry I have not explained it in the thread..:P

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Well, this looks promising. I think I'll look out for this.

Nooooooo!!
My hack's region name is Sky!!

...Are you serious? Now, I'm probably not good at recognizing if names are good, but come on! Sky is a terrible region name! I'm sorry, but it kind of had to be said.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
DUDe ask me before taking the tileset of fr nds style out ans modyfing it
Proof: the fences,the recolored grass,the rocks,the pallet town houses with the same errors

Last edited:
Years
From what I can tell Nex's claims seem to be legitimate, FAARSAL, so I'm going to have to ask you to remove the offending tiles from your hack and reupload screenshots with tiles that you do in fact have permission to use. If you can't do that for whatever reason I'll just have to close this thread, unless you can prove they aren't stolen.

Reactions: Nex
Years
From what I can tell Nex's claims seem to be legitimate, FAARSAL, so I'm going to have to ask you to remove the offending tiles from your hack and reupload screenshots with tiles that you do in fact have permission to use. If you can't do that for whatever reason I'll just have to close this thread, unless you can prove they aren't stolen.

Well, If you want to remove the thread you can, but in my defense I have got these tiles from devinart. from alucas account which were public. And I have myself made a bit of them. Yes most of them are not mine but I was going to put a credit list after the release

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Well looking at screenshots, the hack looks fun and promising, good luck in making it.

Years
Guys I am gonna Release Testing Alpha(Including A bit of game) on 9th Jan 2015
Only a few aspects remaining

Years
tbVhTN2.png

Finally the alpha is released! Are You excited guys?
I know you aren't because the hack has not got enough but please do try it out and inform if you find any kinda bug!
Since I had to go out of town the alpha contains the following bug & errors
Incomplete Intro
Backsprite of Trainer is not updated
Female Sprite
Some Pokemons have FR sprites

Back