• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How to get custom sprites?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2019
Alright, so I?m in the process of creating my first fan game! The only problem I really see my self facing is the sprites! I?m really not artistic but I want custom sprites. What exactly should I do?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Make an exciting demo and use that to convince an artist to join?

Find sprites that already exist and that you're allowed to use?

Or pay someone, I guess.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2019
Thank you so much for the advice! I?ll probably do a demo once I get to the first gym! I?ll just use placeholder sprites until I can convince an artist!

TheLad

Tim
Years
Make an exciting demo and use that to convince an artist to join?

Find sprites that already exist and that you're allowed to use?

Or pay someone, I guess.

as said above if you aren't artistic yourself and need help with sprites i suggest you'd make a post on the recruitment forum here people will come to look to help people like you in need of help. you should add details to what kind of sprites you want and of course free lancers will do the work for you but keep in mind they might not be of best quality if you want high quality sprites you will have to pay someone or look on webpages from artists and ask if you can use them in your game.

Back