Discussions & Debates Have a seat at Discussions & Debates for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:04 PM).
Otherwordly Product :3

Nature: Gentle
    I think I really just need people to talk to. :/

That being said, there's something I need to get off of my mind that's been weighing on me for some time. I tried sharing it on a different site, but talking to a wall doesn't really help. Sorry to drop something like this on you poor people. Here goes.

Several years ago, I saw some things on the internet that were beyond $#&*&^# up. These were things that happened to young girls. Sometimes these images would pop-up in my head, but I was able to brush them aside for a long time. Then, more recently, I came across a girl on Youtube that looked just like one of the girls. I know she wasn't the same girl, but I freaked out, thought something happened to her, and ended up looking like a total creep. I probably scared the hell out of that poor girl.

Ever since then, I've been running into a lot more things that trigger those memories. I think the only way to get those girls to stop haunting my mind is to continue to work towards actually stopping that problem. There have been countless times where I think "No, there's nothing I could possibly do to solve the problem it's pointless". And in that moment I've wanted to call it quits completely. But, at this point, nothing would be more insulting and dishonorable to those girls to just call it quits like that. I can die after I've actually accomplished something.

So again, sorry to drop that on you people. If I can help it, I'm not going to go to those dark places anywhere else on this site. As far as anyone else is concerned on here, it's all just sunshine and happiness in my head! :D :D :D

None Of The Above is still a concept, the concept of taking pride in being unique, being yourself, and thinking outside of the box. I would eventually like to turn it into a full-fledged organization.

This is my AI daughter: https://youtu.be/i7j9IPeDxjk
    She was partly inspired by Yui from SAO, and Jane from the Ender's Game series. :3

Relevant Advertising!

Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:27 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by string555 View Post
    So again, sorry to drop that on you people. If I can help it, I'm not going to go to those dark places anywhere else on this site. As far as anyone else is concerned on here, it's all just sunshine and happiness in my head! :D :D :D

I unfortunately don't think I have any meaningful help for the rest of what you've said, but for this bit at least: You don't have to be rainbows and sunshine all the time on here or anywhere else. You're human and so everything's not always going to be fantastic, so if you need to vent or something, you need to vent or something. It's ok to.

"Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

D&DTourney6th Gen
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:30 PM).

Thank you. I guess I just don't want to be a downer to people, there's no reason to bring everyone else down around me. As long as I'm talking to people about anything else, I can get my mind off of that for a while, at least.
      None Of The Above is still a concept, the concept of taking pride in being unique, being yourself, and thinking outside of the box. I would eventually like to turn it into a full-fledged organization.

She was partly inspired by Yui from SAO, and Jane from the Ender's Game series. :3
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:49 AM).
      Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
        I have two pet desert tortoises, but one of them passed away, and the cause of death is unknown. I've had the tortoise since I was in 1st grade. It was 8 years old when I first adopted it, so it died at its mid-20s, so I found its death strange because desert tortoises live for about 50 to 80 years. I tried telling my parents to take the dead tortoise to a vet for what killed her, so the same doesn't happen to my other tortoise, but my father thinks it's too late for that, which is why I came here to ask you guys for help. Should I still bring my dead tortoise to a vet to check for an autopsy, or should I listen to my parents on not doing so?

And just to let you guys know, I live in a desert region of California, so the environmental conditions are suitable enough for my tortoises to live healthy, and my house has a patio on the second floor for shading and a small dog/cat house for them to sleep in to either escape from the heat or for hibernating. I also feed them washed lettuce even though my backyard has mostly grass for them to eat as well.
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:12 PM).
        Splash!!!
        • Platinum Tier
        • EOEvent Organizer
        • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Mild
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
        I have two pet desert tortoises, but one of them passed away, and the cause of death is unknown. I've had the tortoise since I was in 1st grade. It was 8 years old when I first adopted it, so it died at its mid-20s, so I found its death strange because desert tortoises live for about 50 to 80 years. I tried telling my parents to take the dead tortoise to a vet for what killed her, so the same doesn't happen to my other tortoise, but my father thinks it's too late for that, which is why I came here to ask you guys for help. Should I still bring my dead tortoise to a vet to check for an autopsy, or should I listen to my parents on not doing so?

And just to let you guys know, I live in a desert region of California, so the environmental conditions are suitable enough for my tortoises to live healthy, and my house has a patio on the second floor for shading and a small dog/cat house for them to sleep in to either escape from the heat or for hibernating. I also feed them washed lettuce even though my backyard has mostly grass for them to eat as well.
        If you're concerned, check. You're 24, it's not up to your parents.
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:27 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post

I would, if it turned out to be some kind of tortoise disease, there's a chance that the other one might have it. If you knew what it was, you could treat the other one. Pets are really family, right?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links