• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Korosu! (Update 7/23/16 6:20 PM ET)

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 21, 2018
I am sadly late to the party and just started Korosu. For some reason the game is seeing the pokemon I caught like traded pokemon because I keep getting the boosted exp thing and says that I "Apparently met" them in the area i found them. Is it supposed to be doing that? The game is already hard enough and to then have the pokemon just look away and ignore you suck. PLZ HELP

Sedkeon

Pokemon trainer
Years
I'm so stupid sorry... But I can't find the Rom that works with the hacks in this website pls help :'(

mc.ace19

of Spades
Years
I'm so stupid sorry... But I can't find the Rom that works with the hacks in this website pls help :'(

Have you followed this correctly?
You'll need a ROM(.gba) file of Pokemon Fire Red(U). Version 1.0. (Not 1.1! 1.1 will show "GameFreak presents" in intro vid while 1.0 just shows "GameFreak")

And you don't need to apologize for being something that we all human beings are.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
hey. i'm loving the game pokemon korosu, but on the pokedex it says i can find squirtle but i can't seem to find it anywhere

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hey, I just won the tournament, nice hack! I enjoyed the Sevii Islands saga a lot, but the Kanto saga is a little bit boring. :p

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2021
Quick question, how do I get ice punch? Sneasel is missing a decent ice move without it, and it's not available to obtain in the base rom, as it's only tutorable in emerald. However, the boss of team ice had it, which makes me think sneasel should be able to learn it somehow.

I also tried to edit my save file to give it to sneasel, as that works with a lot of rom hacks, but in this hack, it corrupts my save.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Nevermind. I figured out what was wrong with my little incident. Turns out that the Gameshark code for the MOD Shop doesnt like to be on when you talk to a Pokemart Clerk...XD

OK, I beat the game already. I'll go ahead and make a few things clear first:
1- I used a move editor to turn Hypnosis from 60 accuracy to 80 accuracy for the early game.
2- Using the YAPE program, I made Golduck learn Psychic instead of Fury Swipes.
3- Also using YAPE, I tried to make Salamence a more pure Special Attacker, but that change didnt go through.
4- I did use Gameshark codes to help myself out (healing items, easier leveling up)

Now with that, my thoughts on the hack: I thought it was well made. There were some points in the game that were a bit rough on the dark humor (Pokecenter people breaking the 4th wall and Blaine's gym puzzles) but overall, it was an excellent hack. My biggest concern with the hack was having to wait until after the battle with Geno to be able to adjust the Text Speed. So if there's ever an update, I'd like a point in the game (maybe before Geno enters the bedroom) where you can walk around and save the game and adjust the settings how you need them. That would make resetting for a better nature on the starter to be easier.

Last edited:
Years
Just finished the game... Awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do admit the game was dark at certain places but damn! I think it's better than outlaw too... anyway super cool! :D :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 2, 2018
Hello there, Crizzle the Creator of Outlaw, Cawps and Korosu. I was wondering where do I find a water stone? Because I have a Poliwag and it's this close to evolve into a Poliwhirl.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 26, 2018
I just finished the game and I loved it. And Drizzle, if you're still making hacks, I'd love to help if you need it. I feel that my experience was different from anyone else's and I'd like to share it. I completed the entire game without leveling any other Pokemon other than the whole Gastly line (which by the way I loved that you encorporated a way to get Gengar) and no other Pokemon besides the double battles. I suggest making others a higher level scale because I not only beat the game with one Pokemon, but I ran away from almost every wild Pokemon I encountered. In the end I one-shot almost everyone in the (Spoilers) Tournament, if not 2-shot. I only had trouble on (again... SPOILERS) Snorlax and Ho-Oh. My Gengar ended at level 93 and it's moveset was Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Sludge Bomb if anyone was wondering. Great game Drizzle and I'm on to your next hack!

lunalonewolf

Keira Akoma
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
I am so sorry to be a bother, but I am struggling with trying to find the keycard for the X building, I was able to find the hints up to the laptop, and I am struggling to find a walkthrough or a post for where the other hints were.

EDIT: Found the right phone after running around trying all the phones...

Last edited:

lunalonewolf

Keira Akoma
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
I am struggling to find Articuno, I already found Zapdos and Moltres, but I am trying to find the ice bird XD if anyone knows of its location I'd appreciate the help, I already searched around the Ice Fall cave, and sea foam islands, so I don't know where else it might be.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
Hey Dude! First of all, incredible hack! Really great and original! I'm having problems after I killed Xandus... After I Kill him and the scientist talks to me, I tried to use the stairs but the game stops and everything go dark.. T___T I already tried three different patches and gba. files, but this problems happened with all of them... if you're still active here, plz help meeeeeeee

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
I am so sorry to be a bother, but I am struggling with trying to find the keycard for the X building, I was able to find the hints up to the laptop, and I am struggling to find a walkthrough or a post for where the other hints were.

EDIT: Found the right phone after running around trying all the phones...

Hey :D you have to find first the laptop, them the telephone and finally a machine! If you already found the telephone, then you have to find the machine, that's located on the seventh floor. there are 4 machines together. To talk to one of them! Hope I could Help! ;)

Back